Author Topic: Chapter Break Filler  (Read 19613 times)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
Re: Chapter Break Filler
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2020, 01:59:43 PM »
Haha Grey, your poem had me first sighing and then laughing aloud  :)) I just posted some more photos on the Scouting trips thread here, there are also sheep! https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=954.30

Thank you, Mariii and Mebediel! Mariii, Iceland is totally worth visiting! It’s wonderful! In the literal meaning of the word! It’s very expensive but still worth all of it. We only had a stopover, 2,5 days there, but a many wondrous places are very close to Reykjavík so we managed to see so much. Not enough though, I hope I’ll have the opportunity to go again!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2020, 02:14:38 PM »
Oh and Grey, I don’t know anything about the timeline. I had the plan of grandfather Reynir remembering his youth because of meeting a lamb, but the children in the villages, Onni and the new magic appeared on their own :) Who knows, maybe they will tell me more about themselves later?
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2020, 02:25:56 PM »
I will be curious to see how your take on the new magic compares to mine. You may have noticed if you have read any of my fanfic that I write it as a fusion of Finnish and Icelandic magic. The origin of it gets a mention in the later chapters of ‘Caring For a Friend’, and we see Future Lalli having gone to that mage school in ‘An Historical Document’ which is set a thousand years after the Rash.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2020, 05:42:26 PM »
Haha Grey, your poem had me first sighing and then laughing aloud  :)) I just posted some more photos on the Scouting trips thread here, there are also sheep! https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=954.30

I'm very glad that I made you laugh! Not because it's an achievement for someone the writes (although it is hard to make people laugh) but because I love to make my friends laugh!
I guess you thought that the Reynir's heartache had a different destination... :)

Oh and Grey, I don’t know anything about the timeline. I had the plan of grandfather Reynir remembering his youth because of meeting a lamb, but the children in the villages, Onni and the new magic appeared on their own :) Who knows, maybe they will tell me more about themselves later?

Who knows, time will tell. Isn't amazing how things suddenly appear when we're writing? It's like a very peculiar magic that makes the narrative almost alive, with it's own will...

I will be curious to see how your take on the new magic compares to mine. You may have noticed if you have read any of my fanfic that I write it as a fusion of Finnish and Icelandic magic. The origin of it gets a mention in the later chapters of ‘Caring For a Friend’, and we see Future Lalli having gone to that mage school in ‘An Historical Document’ which is set a thousand years after the Rash.

I believe that someone that writes is, in good part, the sum of everything read before. And a lot of that "processing" happens in the subconscious, where paths, stories, characters and so on become a great mix and crossbreed, creating new ones that wait for something in a story that will "call" for them... Maybe Jitter's new magic is the result of a previous reading of some of your stories, Róisín (that are great, by the way) and it found that a story in the future was the right moment to "pop".
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Mariiii

« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2020, 06:43:57 PM »
Mebediel thank you ! Well if you zoom on Onni's face you can see that he has a little smile so it's not too sad (I didn't noticed that you had to zoom to see it when I drawed it woops)

Grey thank you so much ! I really like your poem, especially the end ! ;D

Jitter well I think I know where I'll go on my next trip !  ;)
Native :france:
Fluent :uk:
Learning :japan:
Understand :spain:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2020, 06:51:06 PM »
Double dose of Reynir nostalgia - such beauty surrounding your depictions.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2020, 07:49:02 PM »
ahhw, Mariiii, that drawing is so sad but fitting!! poor Tuuri, poor Onni. Wave, I like those haikus, especially the first one (my interpretation is wishing for ice cream in the middle of winter when you were a kid. I still do that). Jitter, that's such a sweet little story! It's hard for me to imagine Reynir as an old man (he will have eternal youth xD) but you portrayed him really well. Grey, that's a cool poem! Especially the last lines 4 lines.
Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2020, 09:14:25 PM »
Wave, those haiku are excellent! And I love Jitter's vignette and Grey's poem - it seems like a lot of people are getting creative with this prompt!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2020, 09:32:19 PM »
Thank you, folks!  Those haiku were done on the fly, inspired by Prologue characters making do under the new 'normal'. (Much like us.)  I just posted them without any explanation and ran.
The first one is not specific, but characters sheltering wherever they can, even in a ramshackle building which doesn't keep out the snow.  Then once they are 'safe' they can allow themselves dream of what they miss.
The second one is Veeti, who held onto his toy way too long after it was rendered useless, until the day it came in handy.
The third can be either the Västerströms holed up in their summer cabin in Sweden, or Gøren & Ingrid doing the same in Dalsnes.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2020, 12:08:11 AM »
Chapter Break Filler

.._.._..

Prompt 5: Family

.._.._..

For today's prompt of family, the wonderful artist Kyara has created a touching piece about family both lost and found.

Thanks very much to Kyara for today's contribution, and if any of you feel inspired by this prompt, feel free to share what you've created!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Róisín

« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2020, 12:23:43 AM »
That is so moving and beautiful.

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2020, 04:56:08 AM »
Wow, it's beautiful! Kyara, I love your style and your use of colors <3
As for the story... *wipes tear from eye* it's like an emotional rollercoaster and I love it.
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

Róisín

« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2020, 05:09:09 AM »
I just looked at this again and noticed Emil and Lalli sleeping with foreheads together. Aawwww!

Count_Shrekula

• Super-Newbie
  • Damn, it really do be like that.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2020, 06:36:12 AM »
I love it, it's a beautiful comic! Hit me right in the feels...
Watch out for the shadow people,
in the corner of your eye.

Kyara

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Kyara (Disqus), Sinnena (Tumblr) Ysmeril (Twitch)
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2020, 07:02:55 AM »
Yeeeah, finally free ! Now I have plenty of time to thanks all of you:
 (wavewright, steadfastjewel, Jitter, Mari) your contributions are fantastic! Whether it was drawings or stories, they were sooo enjoyable to read/watch.
All the little side contributions (the poems by Gray, and Keep Looking and Wavewright), the little stories from Jitter and Grade E cat are fantastic too. They all bring at least a smile (if it is not laugh) and it warms the heart! Thank you for your work !

I wanted to comment all along posts but the comic has really keep me busy a lot these last days.
For details (and maybe readability), Keep Looking had the good idea to put the postimage link below, so that you have it large (very large).
Thanks already to Róisín and Count Shrekula and Gaelle for your comments ! I am super happy that you enjoy it  :))
And Róisín, just the fact that you take the time to watch it again and comment on it is great (All these details were not in vain).
It is an emotional elevator, but hope that the balm at the end leaves you with a light heart.