Author Topic: Chapter Break Filler  (Read 15307 times)

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
Re: Chapter Break Filler
« Reply #315 on: April 27, 2020, 11:45:14 AM »
Mari, that's a lovely Kitty. Mine is sleeping by my side, now, almost in the same position. It's so wonderful the way they turn in a ball of fur like that! Makes me want to grab her, but then I'd break the magic... :)

Jitter, that's a great conclusion for the series. It gives us a glimpse of how hard those first times must have been for them. It also adds a glimpse of Lalli's complicated growth. He's almost a child, and yet haunted by the voices that never shut up while bearing the tragedy of loosing almost everyone he loved and care. I'd say that's a surprise that he managed to become a relatively balanced person.

And yes, I agree, we all deserve that applause! I'd say that Keep Looking was the conductor of our orchestra, and every player was an essential part of this beautiful piece. :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #316 on: April 27, 2020, 11:54:07 AM »
Grey, it's also worth noticing that they don't have facilities for children in Keuruu. If they had a pediatrician or a child psychologist, they might not have tried that! Good thing Onni was a serious boy full of responsibility even at a young age. If he had been the foolhardy "f**k this s**t I'm out" type, things would have been very very different!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Mariiii

« Reply #317 on: April 27, 2020, 12:44:39 PM »
Jitter your story is sad and cute at the same time, it shows us how hard it was for the Hotakainen but also that it is their love for each other which helped them to move forward...

Mari, that's a lovely Kitty. Mine is sleeping by my side, now, almost in the same position. It's so wonderful the way they turn in a ball of fur like that! Makes me want to grab her, but then I'd break the magic... :)

Thank you ! I agree, when my cat does that, I always want to do the same. She took the pause while she was sleeping on my bed so I couldn't resist to draw Kitty like this too !
Native :france:
Fluent :uk:
Learning :japan:
Understand :spain:

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #318 on: April 27, 2020, 04:25:52 PM »
Count, that's a beautiful piece of music! I love the calm, relaxing feel of it, perfect for sleep - and ending this chapter break filler!
It makes me think of a relaxing nap in the middle of a garden outside an old house, with the song being played on a old radio... All very rustic and peaceful!

Jitter, oooooh more cute yet sad Lalli backstory! I love it! Now I really want to hug baby Lalli and tell him it's all gonna be alright

Mariiii what a cute ball of fluff!

And of course an enormous thank you to Keep Looking for planning this great event, and to everyone who participated!! *applause* ;D
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns
« Reply #319 on: April 27, 2020, 04:31:22 PM »
Aah, Count, I absolutely love that song! I agree with everyone else, it’s so relaxing, and a wonderfully calm way to end this fantastic chapter break filler.

Mariii, Kitty is so cute!!!!

Jitter, that’s a beautiful little story! Makes me want to go to the Lalli character development thread and muse about him.

And I echo everyone else in a HUGE thank you to KeepLooking for organizing all this!!!! 👏👏👏👏
Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05:

LilG

« Reply #320 on: April 27, 2020, 05:03:09 PM »
Everything in this thread has been some of the most best I’ve seen in this fandom!

Thank you Keep Looking for organizing this ;D !!!

I’m looking forward to what the next chapter break filler will have to offer, if something like this will also be organized for that occasion.
Native :romania:
Fluent :uk:
Sucks at :france:

Count_Shrekula

• Super-Newbie
  • Damn, it really do be like that.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him
« Reply #321 on: April 27, 2020, 09:19:25 PM »
Jitter, your sleep story was really cool! I've never really thought about that before, but hearing the voices of tormented dead souls constantly would be terrifying as a child. Luckily Lalli had Onni to help him!

Also, I just wanna say thanks for hosting the chapter break filler Keep Looking! You did great, and it was really fun to participate and see everyone's contributions.
Watch out for the shadow people,
in the corner of your eye.

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #322 on: April 28, 2020, 12:32:22 AM »
Caught back up just in time for the very last break filler post...your musical piece is so calming (as others have already noted), Shrekula! Mari, your sleepy kitty is adorable and looks so wonderfully soft. Jitter, the conclusion to your series is great. Good Onni :)

As for everyone who contributed for the previous days, all your contributions are amazing!!! And shout out to Grey for the cabin picture...I was super excited to see that my name was on a book, and the title was spot on, too!

Many, many thanks to Keep Looking for all your hard work organizing this!!!
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #323 on: April 28, 2020, 02:58:25 AM »
Jitter, that's such a well-done vignette (bittersweet? angsty-sweet?), and I love Mariiii's kitty!

I know that a lot of people would like to see another event like this next chapter break (and I would too!), so I'll just say a couple things about that. The reason why I came up with this chapter-break thing (coronavirus) is also the main reason why I had time to organise and run this event all myself (also because it conveniently landed right in my school holidays so I didn't have many commitments). Because Western Australia is doing quite well with 'flattening the curve', schools are going back tomorrow, and it's quite likely that by the time next chapter break rolls around I'll be busy with a lot of studying and all that. I'm still up for running something like this next chapter break, but I don't think I will be able to run it all myself like I did this time around (especially with the whole 'posting stuff at a consistent time each day' thing, but just in general it's quite a large task, and if next break happens to land somewhere inconvenient (like exam time) I just wouldn't have the time).

I was wondering if any of you guys would be able/willing to help organise stuff for next chapter break, if we want to keep this going. If some of you are, we can start discussing in the organization thread for this event (remember the one we did the sign-ups in?) about the different tasks that could be allocated in order to distribute the workload and ways to manage this event with more than one person running it (because a lack of communication can be deadly). People could also bring up any changes/improvements they might want to see next time around.
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

yeethaw_gang

• Tumblr
  • bro....we're discussing the meaning of life bro...
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #324 on: April 28, 2020, 07:12:42 AM »
First of all, thanks for organizing this! You're a smart cookie.

Secondly, everyone's works are sooo good! I've run out of words to describe how good they are.

Third of all, I'd be willing to help with next chapter break.
"you look stressed" "yeah, it's the stress"

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #325 on: April 28, 2020, 07:18:42 AM »
You can count me in, so I can say "I helped!" later \ :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 07:20:30 AM by thegreyarea »
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #326 on: April 29, 2020, 12:26:02 AM »
A couple of days late, but thanks for organising everything Keep Looking and thanks to everyone who contributed! Squirrel cookies all round!  :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #327 on: April 29, 2020, 01:58:19 AM »
As you know, I'm always available to lend a hand.  I suppose it also matters just when the next break is - too soon and we start to get less of a feeling of 'special', but wary against the end-of-year rush.  We may want to think about July/August-ish, rather than a chapter break per se?  But we'll see, maybe we'll all be mad keen sooner!
(Some of those books in thegreyarea's bookshelf are dauntingly thick and need content!)
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior