Author Topic: Chapter Break Filler  (Read 19614 times)

Mariiii

Re: Chapter Break Filler
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2020, 07:11:30 AM »
Kyara this is a beautiful story, I love it and I love your use of colors ! This is really heartwarming  :))
Native :france:
Fluent :uk:
Learning :japan:
Understand :spain:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2020, 07:54:49 AM »
Kyara, it’s wonderful. And all of the “official” contributions go well together:)
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2020, 08:30:54 AM »
This time we follow Wave's footsteps and go all the way back to Y0.

Family
“Look at her! She is so tiny, and so perfect!”
“Yes, she is! And you! You are perfect! You did so so great, love. I’m sorry you had to go through this… all of this. But she’s perfect, and you will be all right, and she will be all right”.

“But we won’t! Nothing’s going to be all right. Ever again!” Aino went from extasy to panic in the span of a second. Saku tried to calm her, but no success.
“Don’t worry Aino, we have everything under control” Tuuli burst back into the sauna. She had washed her hands and was composed as always. “We have medical supplies, and enough firewood to stay here the entire winter, and…”
“I’m not talking about this winter! There is no world for her to grow in! None, nothing, nada!!” Aino was wailing again.
“Everything will be all right. You will see she’ll get to grow up! Thanks to the fact that she has family who is sensible enough to prepare! Unlike her parents!”
“Ok thank you Tuuli. Could you please give us some privacy now” Saku ushered his sister-in-law out.

“Tuuli is intense, but she’s right you know. Maybe we don’t have a world, but we do have family.”

« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 01:35:02 PM by Jitter »

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2020, 09:16:04 AM »
Oh man, Kyara, I think you managed to encapsulate the crews' family relationship in one comic!! Like everyone else has already said, it's really beautiful
Jitter, I was wondering the same thing- how did Ensi's parents react to her being born in an apocalypse? I feel like this is very accurate!! And sweet (and comforting, and good to remember in corona times).
Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05:

steadfastjewel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: they / them / theirs
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2020, 09:43:43 AM »
Kyara, this is super impressive! Just... wow. Heartwarming, and wonderfully illustrated, and the inclusion of all the teammates is just lovely. I want Mikkel to pat me on the head and tell me everything's going to be fine  :mikkel: I'm not sure how long you spent making this, but it feels quite ambitious, so thank you for the hard work!

Jitter, another cute vignette. Now I'm thinking about my cousin's baby, who (due to real world events) I haven't met... does make the world feel a bit small, when you can't see family that live 30 minutes away. But she's got two great parents and an elder brother to look out for her.

Oh, and a happy Easter, to any of you so inclined! Thanks everybody for contributing to this project  <3 <3 <3

yeethaw_gang

• Tumblr
  • bro....we're discussing the meaning of life bro...
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2020, 10:08:26 AM »
ahaha, I'm not crying. Okay, I'm totally crying. You all have such good additions!
"you look stressed" "yeah, it's the stress"

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2020, 10:16:23 AM »
Kyara, that's soooo good and soooo amazing! I love it!!!

That last image when we see them from the top sparkled a question in me. Is Mikkel looking at us? Or at the stars above?
And then it occurred to me that for our heroes we and the stars are quite the same, distant, untouchable watchers, apparently indifferent to their lives and struggles.
Yet we are not indifferent, we care for them, a lot. We just can't help, but we do cheer.
Tonight I'll look at the stars in a slightly different way.

Jitter, that is an amazing story! I feel that Ensi's life is a gold mine of inspiration for more stories. :)

"She has a family", said Saku, in the following day. "And we will teach her everything. Even if the World is lost, she will know it and one day her, or her children, will claim their legacy."
Aino, holding Ensi on her breast, stood silent for a while. "No, love, maybe one day, later." She looked at the baby. Her eyes were open, looking back while she sucked. "We shall first teach her the old ways of hunting, fishing and moving in the woods, like our ancestors did. That's also her legacy. She will belong to two families. Us, and the forest."

Thanks to all that liked, and laughed, from my poems. I will pass today, because I'm worried about my contribution. Everybody is putting the bar very high, and I have to get a lot of balance to reach it! :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2020, 11:17:07 AM »
I also especially liked Mikkel’s gentleness in Kyara’s story. To me the final moment of him looking upwards also looks like he’s considering the Gods. Maybe thanking them for this little family of his, but in a self-conscious way sort Well, if you do exists, please take care of these when I can’t make them safe.

Grey, you already contributed for today! A beautiful addition!

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2020, 03:04:32 PM »
Loved today's contributions. The fic I'm trying to get past its beginning point is meant to be somewhat of a family story, so those were very inspiring for that purpose.
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2020, 09:40:26 PM »
Hotakainen feels in abundance!  For such a taciturn people, they sure do ladle on the emotional drama.  Amazing stuff.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2020, 10:45:33 PM »
Jitter, I love that scene with the panicky Hotakainens, and I also love Grey's addition. It'd be a pretty terrifying time to have a baby, in those first few years of the rash, but you guys added such a hopeful lift.
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2020, 12:51:18 AM »
Chapter Break Filler

.._.._..

Prompt 6: Baking

.._.._..

For today's prompt of baking, Noodles has dished out a sweet treat complete with a steaming cup of tea!

Spoiler: show

Thanks very much to Noodles for today's contribution, and if you feel inspired by this prompt, go ahead and share what you've made!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2020, 05:51:31 AM »
Oh what sweetcakes! The only question is, who would eat them when they are so lovely? (I know: Lalli would). It’s a really nice take on the prompt, to tie the cookies with SSSS.

Count_Shrekula

• Super-Newbie
  • Damn, it really do be like that.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2020, 05:59:50 AM »
They're so deliciously cute, I love them! And I love how the watercolours look too, they feel so warm and fluffy.
Watch out for the shadow people,
in the corner of your eye.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2020, 07:34:06 AM »
Today's vignette also manages to be a drabble. Super short fiction is much harder in English because of all the articles and prepositions!

Baking

“Onniii! Help! Quickly!” Lalli’s shout startled Onni, weeding the veggie patch. Heart pounding, he ran inside.
“What is it? The kids? Is somebody hurt? Are you hurt?”
“Kitchen! I need help!” Onni bounced through the door into disaster zone. Everything, including Lalli, was covered in flour. Actually, especially Lalli. The kids were throwing flour and lumps of batter and clearly having the best time ever.
“What in the name of Mielikki…!”
“I wanted to make a cake for Emil. I thought it’d be nice if I did it together with the kids. I was wrong. You must help me clean!”
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 01:38:04 PM by Jitter »