Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409235 times)

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9165 on: August 09, 2015, 10:36:13 AM »
* ahem *

That's cheeeeeating  :P

I'm beginning to think that the Finno-Ugric tribes' way of communicating is opening the mouth and making sounds without moving the jaw. ;D

probably :D

- Aäyööei äiayee?
- Éüoíáao, öuiaőuae óueé.
- Öieoyää!
- Ű, oaeiéáu öúieáéí.
- Aieyöö ääyaieo.

"man, I haven't had such a deep conversation for ages!"
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #9166 on: August 09, 2015, 01:13:34 PM »
haha just popping in to say that the internet is going and i probably won't be able to do much talking so yeah

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9167 on: August 09, 2015, 02:41:18 PM »
hahahaha yes there definitely seems to be an unbalance in the distribution of vowels and consonants to european languages here. To be fair, in my awful trondheim dialect, I can say a sentence in single vowels, namely 'æ e i a æ å" which means "I'm in (class) A too"

it finally feels like I'm on vacation (...which I am....) and everything is kind of amazing!! We're at the Ještěd tower now - pronounced yeshti-ed btw - and I'm gonna spam the pictures thread in a few minutes.
- it's not actually super expensive as I thought! but there are only 18 rooms and they're almost always fully booked.
- originally, this designer contest for this building was supposed to be two buildings, a tv-tower and a hotel. the architect that won combined those two, which means he broke the rules of the contest and won anyway.
- within the price for a room, you ALSO get to borrow scooters and scoot down the whole hill, and then take the cable car back up! IT WAS AWESOME

earlier today we visited a castle (Frýdlant/friedland today, yesterday was Grabštejn), and you know you're a forum addict when

you see a coat of arms with a raven on it and think "laufey would totally have a puffin" and then "fimby would just have. a bunch of knives. CURRY HAS A HORSE and sunflower has a, well, sunflower and a quill!!! and i'd like to have a unicorn but would probably just end up with blorptroll"
and then I drew it while waiting for the food because I was so excited.
I would totally have drawn more shields if i had more ideas, I'm not trying to play favourites or anything^^"""""
you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #9168 on: August 09, 2015, 02:49:22 PM »
earlier today we visited a castle (Frýdlant/friedland today, yesterday was Grabštejn), and you know you're a forum addict when

you see a coat of arms with a raven on it and think "laufey would totally have a puffin" and then "fimby would just have. a bunch of knives. CURRY HAS A HORSE and sunflower has a, well, sunflower and a quill!!! and i'd like to have a unicorn but would probably just end up with blorptroll"

NEIGH NEIGH MOTHER...... motherheckers......... dangit it kind of loses the meme quality doesn't it

Actually, I had to draw a unicorn for this contest on my superweeb other social networking website, and I did go all ~~kawaii desu~~ but I was thinking of you while I drew it

I am not a Horse Drawing Expert I need to turn in my horse license
YEET

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9169 on: August 09, 2015, 02:52:29 PM »
Actually, I had to draw a unicorn for this contest on my superweeb other social networking website, and I did go all ~~kawaii desu~~ but I was thinking of you while I drew it

It even has Haiz coloured hair!!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #9170 on: August 09, 2015, 02:54:29 PM »

and then I drew it while waiting for the food because I was so excited.
I would totally have drawn more shields if i had more ideas, I'm not trying to play favourites or anything^^"""""
Haha, good idea, and I'm not really surprised by your choices ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #9171 on: August 09, 2015, 03:10:40 PM »
- within the price for a room, you ALSO get to borrow scooters and scoot down the whole hill, and then take the cable car back up! IT WAS AWESOME

This is what REALLY made me put this hotel on my bucket list. Yup, it's a pretty awesome looking place as is but scooters and cable cars? I'm so in!

You know me well, a bit too well.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #9172 on: August 09, 2015, 03:13:51 PM »
You know that now House names, Coats of Arms and Words will be made for every important forum member edit: forum celebrity and comic character, Game of Thrones style.
From this point, it's only a matter of time... :D
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 03:17:06 PM by Eriaror »
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #9173 on: August 09, 2015, 03:34:46 PM »
earlier today we visited a castle (Frýdlant/friedland today, yesterday was Grabštejn)
... wait, what? Would that happen to mean the same as "Grabstein" (tombstone) in German, or would this rather be a candidate for the "false friends" thread?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #9174 on: August 09, 2015, 03:50:26 PM »
You know that now House names, Coats of Arms and Words will be made for every important forum member edit: forum celebrity and comic character, Game of Thrones style.
From this point, it's only a matter of time... :D

I already have my set, from a Game of Thrones ball I went to a few months ago. 

The sigil of my House is the (less-than-badass) squirrel, and the words are "How high may I not climb?"  (which has a historic precedent, though not a happy one). 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Mélusine

« Reply #9175 on: August 09, 2015, 03:53:29 PM »
The sigil of my House is the (less-than-badass) squirrel, and the words are "How high may I not climb?"  (which has a historic precedent, though not a happy one).
Maybe not the happiest, indeed...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9176 on: August 09, 2015, 04:00:06 PM »

I am not a Horse Drawing Expert I need to turn in my horse license
IT HAS MY COLOURS!!!

I draw horses pretty often because of my mom?? my mom always draws horses

You know me well, a bit too well.
HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT WHEN I FORGOT TO ADD THE CROSSED KNITTING NEEDLES

... wait, what? Would that happen to mean the same as "Grabstein" (tombstone) in German, or would this rather be a candidate for the "false friends" thread?
according to wikipedia, its german name is Grafenstein. but it's right next to the german border, soooooooooo who knows
you'll know where to find me.

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #9177 on: August 09, 2015, 04:17:08 PM »
I had forgotten how good it feels to be productive... Today I managed to hang some pictures in my wardrobe wall (which I've been planning to do for ages) and clean my bedroom, and now I'm so happy and I feel like this day was a good day.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9178 on: August 09, 2015, 04:53:16 PM »
I had forgotten how good it feels to be productive... Today I managed to hang some pictures in my wardrobe wall (which I've been planning to do for ages) and clean my bedroom, and now I'm so happy and I feel like this day was a good day.

Yes! *bedroom cleaning high five* I also managed not to clog the vacuum with my hair, which is a feat in and of itself  ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #9179 on: August 09, 2015, 05:37:27 PM »
according to wikipedia, its german name is Grafenstein. but it's right next to the german border, soooooooooo who knows
False friend, then. Germans sort of insist on keeping Grab (grave) and Graf (count or earl) separate. ;)

(Also, we keep the umlaut for our own Gräfenstein and the Austrians have to do without. :P )
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15