Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409189 times)

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #13740 on: January 28, 2016, 11:02:05 AM »
When painting with watercolors, I always try to save my work when I leave the desk. Even worse, the undo button is not there when I need it :I

Ever since I began dabbling with pencils again I'm so appalled every time I realise the undo function is completely manual...
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13741 on: January 28, 2016, 12:20:28 PM »
Ever since I began dabbling with pencils again I'm so appalled every time I realise the undo function is completely manual...

I know! You have to manually select the eraser, there's no shortcut for it! What century is this again!?

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13742 on: January 28, 2016, 01:34:34 PM »
I have a really tall cup for my brush water and it is in a separate place than my coffee cup...

I keep trying to wipe the screen for eraser bits when I erase digitally.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #13743 on: January 28, 2016, 02:33:39 PM »
Next weekend's going to be a busy one! Both the postponed photoshoot (that was supposed to happen last weekend but didn't because the weather was ew) and the annual Japan Fest are going to happen. I had an idea that if - if only I could finish the Sigrun cosplay too I could maybe-possibly have photoshoots for two cosplays instead of just one. Mayyybe IF we could have the photoshoot on Sunday I'd have time for making the cloak... but if not it'll just be Reynir and that's also awesome. :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #13744 on: January 28, 2016, 03:37:08 PM »
Next weekend's going to be a busy one!
Same for me but more like "take a bus too early in the morning to go to East of France, appointment to a doctor, wedding of an high school friend Saturday, an other bus to go home next day".
It seems we'll see photos from you and your cosplays soon, Laufey :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #13745 on: January 28, 2016, 04:49:23 PM »
I'm hoping to get away snowboarding again this weekend, but it's still frightfully warm.  Projected temps on Sunday are at 8C on Sunday in the area I have my pass from. (8C!  In the dead of winter!)
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #13746 on: January 28, 2016, 04:53:12 PM »
"Frightfully warm" over here, too. It's... raining. That never happens. The bus ride home will be interesting. :T
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #13747 on: January 28, 2016, 05:00:46 PM »
I could be snowboarding in short sleeves!

(Of course, at 8C, it's gonna be more like slushboarding)
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #13748 on: January 28, 2016, 05:31:24 PM »
It was my last day at work today for a whole month, yay!  ^-^ Now I can finally enjoy all the free days I didn't use up last year.
On Saturday, we'll have our regional championship and on Monday, we'll fly to Indonesia, so there's not much spare time to just hang around, but I feel so free now nevertheless. Such a relief :)
Laufey, I'm also looking forward to seeing the photos...
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #13749 on: January 29, 2016, 12:12:23 AM »
aughhhhhhhhhh I have gotten sucked into a new webcomic
It's called The Hues, and it's about a ragtag band of girls with weird powers that they don't really understand fighting off the alien apocalypse. The art is SUPER PRETTY and they draw the best fire. (Yes, I have a type. I know.) I'm 65 pages (of 200-odd) into a binge-read.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 12:14:22 AM by Noodly Appendage »
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #13750 on: January 29, 2016, 03:01:57 AM »
I'm hoping to get away snowboarding again this weekend, but it's still frightfully warm.  Projected temps on Sunday are at 8C

"frightfully warm" "8C"

It's 36C here today :))
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #13751 on: January 29, 2016, 04:59:53 AM »
I wanted to get some things done today... ::) But now it's already eleven am and I haven't finished anything from my list... but thanks for the tip anyway, Noodly.  ;)
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #13752 on: January 29, 2016, 02:37:06 PM »
so I'm working on getting my driver's license, right, and to get one you need to pass a theory test. and to pass the theory test, you have to do an online theory course. the problem is that the course is targeted towards driving eager teenagers, not terrified should-be-adults with intrusive thoughts about violent deaths caused by driving. I'm gonna struggle through the entire course, bitterly liveblogging the whole way because it's so ridiculous

here's from my first couple hours (warning for talk about death, murder, and blood because oF COURSE):
Spoiler: driving is suffering (part one maybe) • show

ALLRIGHT time to take this internet course about driving theory!! what a good ide- WHY WOULD IT SHOW ME A PICTURE OF A BLOODY CORPSE
“as a teenager you probably never think about SAFETY while driving, like why would you do that hahaha teenagers amirite”
DUDE!!!THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I STOPPED PRACTICE DRIVING TWO YEARS AGO!!! i couldn’t stop thinking about myself as a dead and bloody corpse!!!!!!! and the theory book had to mention how people die in traffic every other sentence!!!!!!

“do you want to be THIS BLOODY CORPSE, or an adult adult man with two kids and a beautiful wife that is also alive”
facepalming my way to the grave

wouldn’t say no to a beautiful wife though. but if i can’t handle the responsibility of driving a car then i’m definitely not ready to take care of a child

literally why

oh my god is that the hunger games soundtrack playing. it really sounds like the hunger games soundtrack

“so what are the kidz into these days. how do we make this theory course HASHTAG COOL YO”
“it seem like today’s youth are into death and blood and gore and dystopia fiction”
“edgy. let’s do it”

*epic cinematic music playing*
*picture of a serious young lady*
deep manly voice: “I always fix the positions of the seat and mirrors before driving.”

“we want ZERO dead and ZERO hurt. that’s the ZERO VISION”
“haha yeah because i, a 21 year old child, obviously want to commit homicide”

“it’s not cool when people die!!!!”

“is there something YOU can do to contribute to our ZERO VISION???”
yeah i could quit driving and never leave the basement for the rest of my life

“click on the pictures of teenagers to hear voice clips of them saying how they don’t want people to die!”

my theory book is all “if you listen to music in the car there’s a 1000% higher chance you might die” so yeah i’m probably gonna die young listening to enya

god i keep misclicking buttons, i want to click the “next question” button but the PAUSE BUTTON SPROUTS WINGS AND GETS IN MY WAY whenever i’m close to it. i can’t make this up

i was too distracted by this picture to listen to the manly voice. im a bad student

beep beep

“you are, however, allowed to have a trailer with capacity for MORE than 750 kg,” *illustration of a crocodile opening its jaws*

….i have to admit crocodiles are the way to go if they want my attention

also yeah almost all the images look so... photostock-y. they try so hard to be dramatic but i can't take it seriously i'm sorry
you'll know where to find me.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #13753 on: January 29, 2016, 07:46:58 PM »
so I'm working on getting my driver's license, right, and to get one you need to pass a theory test. and to pass the theory test, you have to do an online theory course. the problem is that the course is targeted towards driving eager teenagers, not terrified should-be-adults with intrusive thoughts about violent deaths caused by driving. I'm gonna struggle through the entire course, bitterly liveblogging the whole way because it's so ridiculous

here's from my first couple hours (warning for talk about death, murder, and blood because oF COURSE):
Spoiler: driving is suffering (part one maybe) • show

ALLRIGHT time to take this internet course about driving theory!! what a good ide- WHY WOULD IT SHOW ME A PICTURE OF A BLOODY CORPSE
“as a teenager you probably never think about SAFETY while driving, like why would you do that hahaha teenagers amirite”
DUDE!!!THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I STOPPED PRACTICE DRIVING TWO YEARS AGO!!! i couldn’t stop thinking about myself as a dead and bloody corpse!!!!!!! and the theory book had to mention how people die in traffic every other sentence!!!!!!

“do you want to be THIS BLOODY CORPSE, or an adult adult man with two kids and a beautiful wife that is also alive”
facepalming my way to the grave

wouldn’t say no to a beautiful wife though. but if i can’t handle the responsibility of driving a car then i’m definitely not ready to take care of a child

literally why

oh my god is that the hunger games soundtrack playing. it really sounds like the hunger games soundtrack

“so what are the kidz into these days. how do we make this theory course HASHTAG COOL YO”
“it seem like today’s youth are into death and blood and gore and dystopia fiction”
“edgy. let’s do it”

*epic cinematic music playing*
*picture of a serious young lady*
deep manly voice: “I always fix the positions of the seat and mirrors before driving.”

“we want ZERO dead and ZERO hurt. that’s the ZERO VISION”
“haha yeah because i, a 21 year old child, obviously want to commit homicide”

“it’s not cool when people die!!!!”

“is there something YOU can do to contribute to our ZERO VISION???”
yeah i could quit driving and never leave the basement for the rest of my life

“click on the pictures of teenagers to hear voice clips of them saying how they don’t want people to die!”

my theory book is all “if you listen to music in the car there’s a 1000% higher chance you might die” so yeah i’m probably gonna die young listening to enya

god i keep misclicking buttons, i want to click the “next question” button but the PAUSE BUTTON SPROUTS WINGS AND GETS IN MY WAY whenever i’m close to it. i can’t make this up

i was too distracted by this picture to listen to the manly voice. im a bad student

beep beep

“you are, however, allowed to have a trailer with capacity for MORE than 750 kg,” *illustration of a crocodile opening its jaws*

….i have to admit crocodiles are the way to go if they want my attention

also yeah almost all the images look so... photostock-y. they try so hard to be dramatic but i can't take it seriously i'm sorry

Oh, Haiz!  I shouldn't laugh but your comments are so spot-on!   :))  It's been many, many years since I got my driver's license but I know exactly what you're talking about with the teen-oriented shock tactics and the truly lame attempts to "relate to the youth."  Plus, I've seen a lot of government-made online learning courses and they are all just as bad as the one you describe.  Tacky photo stock art and all. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13754 on: January 29, 2016, 11:02:55 PM »
Hahah, the painting water/tea thing! I honestly thought that was just me being clumsy :P It's good to know that it isn't the case and that I'm in good company!

So in Japan, they don't cancel school unless you legitimately can't walk because the snow is higher than you, meaning that although we've had some snow, it's always fallen on weekdays and it's pretty slushy by the time I'm free. Today however, was a Saturday, and it had been snowing all night......
Obviously that meant that come morning I went out and made a Totoro snowman. I'm pretty sure that is the very definition of 'living the dream' :P
Spoiler:  the dream • show

You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc