Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387202 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #12630 on: November 28, 2015, 02:08:16 PM »
I think you should recreate that picture *nods*

No thanks, snow is wet and cold. :P
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #12631 on: November 28, 2015, 02:23:16 PM »
it was a silly, regrettable idea, I would get cold and wet and miserable

You marry a Finn and complain about that, what the heck did they expect

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12632 on: November 28, 2015, 02:29:58 PM »
You marry a Finn and complain about that, what the heck did they expect

We aren't married so he still has a chance! Anyway, lying face-down in snow isn't among my weirdest ideas, at least going by Icelandic standards: just this neighbourhood wait until I get me a pair of cross country skiis (no one here skiis except downhill) or that tent sauna I've been planning on buying...

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #12633 on: November 28, 2015, 02:32:50 PM »
We aren't married so he still has a chance! Anyway, lying face-down in snow isn't among my weirdest ideas, at least going by Icelandic standards: just this neighbourhood wait until I get me a pair of cross country skiis (no one here skiis except downhill) or that tent sauna I've been planning on buying...

Heehee careful or they'll put you in the skaup one year ;)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12634 on: November 28, 2015, 02:51:55 PM »
Heehee careful or they'll put you in the skaup one year ;)

Naah, you have to be a total butt to manage that, if weird behaviour alone got you on it half the country would be there every year (more about Áramótaskaupið here). Btw I'll use this chance to randomly plop my all time favourite Áramótaskaup end song here, which is also the cheesiest one ever and includes Páll Óskar.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #12635 on: November 28, 2015, 03:12:49 PM »
Naah, you have to be a total butt to manage that, if weird behaviour alone got you on it half the country would be there every year (more about Áramótaskaupið here). Btw I'll use this chance to randomly plop my all time favourite Áramótaskaup end song here, which is also the cheesiest one ever and includes Páll Óskar.

Oh nooooooooo now this is stuck in my head why did I watch iiiiiitttt
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #12636 on: November 28, 2015, 03:59:38 PM »
is train stations announcing how high up they are a normal thing or a norway thing
I'm pretty sure that wherever the altitude is a point in attracting tourists, it'll start getting mentioned right at every conceivable point of arrival, but otherwise, not that I ever noticed, no.

Then again, Swiss train stations are famous for doubling as currency exchanges, so a national tradition is a definite possibility.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Mélusine

« Reply #12637 on: November 28, 2015, 04:07:44 PM »
With your mentions of train stations, I want to play to Ticket to ride now... ::)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12638 on: November 28, 2015, 04:13:27 PM »
*looks at the light rain outside and the 17 c temperature*

Oh yea, so much snow here.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #12639 on: November 28, 2015, 08:34:43 PM »
With your mentions of train stations, I want to play to Ticket to ride now... ::)
Oooo, that is an excellent game.

Just got back from Powell's Books :3
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

LordoftheThings

• Tumblr
  • what's a "forum"? can I eat it?
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #12640 on: November 28, 2015, 09:02:58 PM »
for those of you who are interested in the latest updates in the headboard based face cancer saga: the bruise on my face finally purpled
It's not actually that noticeable compared to how much it hurts so methinks I did in fact bruise the orbital socket bone

I am a functional human being who looses fights to headboards
Native: :usa:
Know a Little: :france:
Need to work on learning: :iceland:
I have the rosetta stone why Don't I know this: :netherlands:

Over the Hills and Faraway
For ten long years he'll count the days
Over the mountains, and the seas
A prisoners life for him there'll be

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #12641 on: November 28, 2015, 10:21:55 PM »
for those of you who are interested in the latest updates in the headboard based face cancer saga: the bruise on my face finally purpled
It's not actually that noticeable compared to how much it hurts so methinks I did in fact bruise the orbital socket bone

I am a functional human being who looses fights to headboards

I lose fights all the time with doors, doorframes, and corners of drawers. I don't even know how I manage it half the time.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12642 on: November 28, 2015, 10:34:44 PM »
I lose fights all the time with doors, doorframes, and corners of drawers. I don't even know how I manage it half the time.

Ooh, don't forget the corners of window frames! There are sloping walls in my bedroom with skylights, and when I sit underneath them, I always whack my head on the corners.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #12643 on: November 28, 2015, 10:47:05 PM »
Ooh, don't forget the corners of window frames! There are sloping walls in my bedroom with skylights, and when I sit underneath them, I always whack my head on the corners.

The equivalent for me would be undersides of desks. Every time I need to reach an outlet or something tucked away under/behind a desk I end up whacking my head.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 10:55:04 PM by mithrysc »

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #12644 on: November 29, 2015, 12:14:40 AM »
ok so!! if you've talked to me at all in the past couple of days you'd know that i have gotten my wisdom teeth out! all four at once. (to those who have talked to me and had to put up with my complaining: i'm so sorry)

i wasn't THAT loopy on the anaesthesia but the pain meds did throw me a little off and i did some funky things? i was definitely. slightly confused. as i was waking up the nurse asked me if i wanted to keep my teeth and in my foggy state i thought she meant the teeth in my mouth at that exact moment so of course i said yes.
well
today i see this little white bag on my table?? i go to pick it up because what's this!! it's small and cute!! is this Anime Merch i should be putting on my computer?
Spoiler: kiinda icky • show

nO IT'S NOT!! I REPEAT!! IT IS NOT!! IT IS FOUR BLOODY GOREY TEETH WITH DRIED BLOOD AND ICK ON THEM AND I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT AT ALL

I don't know what I'm going to use these for? Am I just going to keep them for reference?? what kidn of reference would I need these for? somebody said I should clean them and have them made into jewelry or something but that's a Little Weird >_>
YEET