Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387242 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10575 on: September 19, 2015, 08:23:18 PM »

WE DID IT maybe i should go to bed now

everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10576 on: September 19, 2015, 08:27:53 PM »
???
If I'm interpreting the ??? face correctly, here's your explanation:

You becha! = You bet! = Yes!

If I'm interpreting it wrong, feel free to ignore my silliness ^-^

*Tries not to laugh* ^^ Yes, probably.

Hey mom, dad, can we talk? There's something you need to know about me... ;)

They don't even know about SSSS, to be honest! Not that I'm actively keeping secrets, it's just not the kind of thing they find interesting, so we talk about other stuff. Also my dad once expressed this kind of negative opinion about learning other languages: not that it was a bad thing, just that he didn't see the point because "computers are going to be able to do it perfectly in five years". And he's very argumentative, so I didn't really want to get into a whole thing about justifying why I wanted to learn...
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #10577 on: September 19, 2015, 08:33:23 PM »

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #10578 on: September 19, 2015, 10:52:30 PM »
I'm back. Managed to log on my account (keeps losing my pass).

John Candlebury

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • No John, you are the demons
« Reply #10579 on: September 20, 2015, 01:59:56 AM »
I kinda wanted to change my avatar, but I also kinda like my old avatar.

So now I've got one of those change every time you refresh the page things.

Thats GENIUS, I guess?

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10580 on: September 20, 2015, 02:26:59 AM »
I kinda wanted to change my avatar, but I also kinda like my old avatar.
So now I've got one of those change every time you refresh the page things.
Thats GENIUS, I guess?

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY
Also I ran 8km today and didn't die! Joy!
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10581 on: September 20, 2015, 04:26:47 AM »
I'm back. Managed to log on my account (keeps losing my pass).

Welcome back! Y'know, maybe you'd want to choose an easier password if it's a recurring problem?

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #10582 on: September 20, 2015, 05:02:20 AM »

WHAT
I WASN'T AWAKE
NOt FAIR

but it summoned me now. see? demonic thincs will always call me ;3c
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #10583 on: September 20, 2015, 05:02:37 AM »
If I'm interpreting the ??? face correctly, here's your explanation:

You becha! = You bet! = Yes!

If I'm interpreting it wrong, feel free to ignore my silliness ^-^
Thank Ana, it's clearer now :)

Aim of the day : write a letter for a museum which must not be seen as "I know I have a master degree but please please please let me work for you even for watching a room or selling tickets" even if it will be that after all. Wish me luck...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #10584 on: September 20, 2015, 05:05:47 AM »
Aim of the day : write a letter for a museum which must not be seen as "I know I have a master degree but please please please let me work for you even for watching a room or selling tickets" even if it will be that after all. Wish me luck...

Oh! //throws a bucket of luck to you//
Look, I know if you think (and wish) what you want to be in the museum, I'm sure it will come true! :D
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10585 on: September 20, 2015, 05:56:56 AM »
WHAT
I WASN'T AWAKE
NOt FAIR
hey, we can't all have ocd and obsess over same-digit numbers to the point where you stay awake past 2am just to take a screencap of a thing you can easily create in photoshop, anyway! : D

oh yeah another thing that has been adding to my mostly self-inflicted Suffering is technology not going my way and that's the easiest way to send me into seething rage! this will sound like a comfort corner thing but i dont want comfort i just want to burn out my anger
Spoiler: there might be caps lock • show

i do not ask much from technology but hey i had this app connected to my bank account that made it easy to check how much money i had, right? made it easier to be a Responsible Person!! but that one suddenly stOPPED WORKING!!! so i thought yeah ok maybe i have been neglecting the update for a couple months but i literally dont use the app for anything else! HOW HARD CNA it BE TO INSTALL THE NEW VERSION!!
IMPOSSIBLE APPARENTLY
"haiz but your phone is old"
YEAH BUT I'VE BEEN ABLE TO DO A THING FOR YEARS AND SUDDENLY I'M NOT ABLE TO DO THAT THING ANYMORE?? THAT'S THE OPPOSIT EOF  FAIR

anyway yeah i think i gave up on that bc we're probably gonna change banks soon anyway so i'll wait till then and get a working app. it'll be fine.
i also sent them a mail and i had thankfully calmed down enough to not write them "WHY DO YOU HATE ME" because i'm a sensible person that would neeever do that ha ha ha

but that's not all!!!
in my search for the app!! i had to activate that dumb connection thing that suddenly makes all the apps scream for updates and i hate apps so i have only two of them anyway, but then!! my phone is all "UM YoUR STORAGE SPACE IS LOW" and im like "YEAH IT'S BEEN LOW FOR MONTHS WHY DO YOU COMPLAIN NOW, THERE SHOULD LOGICALLY BE MORE SPACE BECAUSE I DELETED STUFF. THERE'S NOTHING TO DELETE NOW. WHAT DO I DELETE. T E L L  M E
and THEN!!!!!!
the INTERNET BROWSER STOPPED WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!
which was one of the most terrifying moments in my life haha ha because ive suddenly become dependent on it working!!
i have very few requirements for a phone:
- it must be small enough to fit a regular pocket
- it has keys so i can WRITE STuFF
- i can browse the internet on it
and that's!! the only reason!!! i didn't smash my phone yesterday over silly things!!! because even when i bought my phone it was starting to be old and everyone was all "yeah that phone is out of stock but you can get a BETTER one!! like THIS HUGE BRICK WITHOUT A SINGLE BUTTON!" and im like *inhuman screaming*

anyway i managed to restart it and delete logs and things and things are working now but i'm still scared. what if i accidentally opened pandora's pithos of TECHNOLOGY EVIL TRYING To BREAK MY PHONE

*heavy breathing*

yeah

it's archery day today and i really need my forest time and cleansing my soul by shooting tree stumps... but it was raining all yesterday and everything is wet :c :c :c

nope, no archery today. which means i have no excuse to neglect my single given responsibility of reading the exchange information ha ha ha...........
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 06:17:13 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #10586 on: September 20, 2015, 06:24:11 AM »
hey, we can't all have ocd and obsess over same-digit numbers to the point where you stay awake past 2am just to take a screencap of a thing you can easily create in photoshop, anyway! : D

oh yeah another thing that has been adding to my mostly self-inflicted Suffering is technology not going my way and that's the easiest way to send me into seething rage! this will sound like a comfort corner thing but i dont want comfort i just want to burn out my anger

[...]

it's archery day today and i really need my forest time and cleansing my soul by shooting tree stumps... but it was raining all yesterday and everything is wet :c :c :c

I have a lil' bit of obsess with same-digit numbers tho but yeah that's tru

As for the spoiler thingie (I know anything of technology too so, I'm sorry if it doesn't help),
Spoiler: show
there's a phone that is small and fits perfectly in a pocket and it's really usefull! It's an LG which I can't remember the model now but I'll tell you if my mother comes at home. Meanwhile you can try to refresh(?) the pone again and again until everything is okay (it might work, I'm not sure)

- Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #10587 on: September 20, 2015, 06:34:01 AM »
As for the spoiler thingie (I know anything of technology too so, I'm sorry if it doesn't help),
Spoiler: show
there's a phone that is small and fits perfectly in a pocket and it's really usefull! It's an LG which I can't remember the model now but I'll tell you if my mother comes at home. Meanwhile you can try to refresh(?) the pone again and again until everything is okay (it might work, I'm not sure)

i don't want a new phone because i am full of hate and xenophobia towards technology

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10588 on: September 20, 2015, 06:47:11 AM »
Haa ... I just realised now (after a year and 20 days) that I've never checked the box that says 'save a copy to my outbox' in the messages screen.

I am not very good at keeping records, even where the infinite repository of unfathomable wisdom that is my outbox is concerned.

i don't want a new phone because i am full of hate and xenophobia towards technology

You could by a Doro phone? It's meant for old people, but at least it has actual buttons.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #10589 on: September 20, 2015, 06:50:14 AM »
You could by a Doro phone? It's meant for old people, but at least it has actual buttons.
but it doesn't have internet or fruit ninja

no seriously though i don't want a _new_ phone. i want my phone to work forever