Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387425 times)

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10560 on: September 19, 2015, 12:48:48 PM »
Ha-ha, I know I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but everyone has been throwing around talk of tumblr lately, and I've been thinking of joining. Do you think  I should make one that is for my art, and another separate one for my musings or reblogings? Because it seems like a lot of tumblr is fun nonsensical gifs and inspirational quotes and funny stories, but a part of me also feels like if I made an account, I should take it seriously and not just spam it with other people's stuff?

Personally, I like to keep things in one place. My blog is both art and random stuff, but I think that is what makes the place my own, you know? I kind of visualize my blog as my bedroom walls, where I put things that I create and also a lot of fandom/other artists work.

But I think it depends on the amount of art you produce. I don't post a lot of art (for now), so for me the one blog thing works perfectly. If you want to post a lot of art, maybe then it would be better to create a separate blog for it. :)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10561 on: September 19, 2015, 07:16:30 PM »
so one of the things that is happening in my life nowadays, is viola accidentally giving me the idea of doing an exchange year (or something) in canada....... and now it's a thing i really wanna do but the applying deadline is october 1st and there is overwhelmingly much stuff i gotta do about it if i really wanna do it, and i keep procrastinating and ignoring everyone trying to help me hahahaha ha ha. so im like *constantly vibrating with anticipation, stress, and disappointment in self*

i'll try to look into it again tomorrow
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #10562 on: September 19, 2015, 07:20:32 PM »
so one of the things that is happening in my life nowadays, is viola accidentally giving me the idea of doing an exchange year (or something) in canada....... and now it's a thing i really wanna do but the applying deadline is october 1st and there is overwhelmingly much stuff i gotta do about it if i really wanna do it, and i keep procrastinating and ignoring everyone trying to help me hahahaha ha ha. so im like *constantly vibrating with anticipation, stress, and disappointment in self*

*Prudently hugs* New or big thing can be scary. But you can do it. I'm sure you can :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #10563 on: September 19, 2015, 07:20:44 PM »

haha, join the club.  I will say one small thing in favor of procrastination -- sometimes if you're dragging your feet over something, it means your heart isn't really in it. 
But if the Haiz came to Canada that would be massively awesome.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #10564 on: September 19, 2015, 07:22:44 PM »

Exchange in Canada? : D That sounds like it could be cool! (Where in Canada?)
Good luck with preparing everything you need for the application, if you do decide that you want to do this.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10565 on: September 19, 2015, 07:23:56 PM »

It might sound weird for me to be giving fiscal advice, but - be sure you can afford this before you start considering it seriously. Uni in Canada probably costs tuition money. Possibly a lot of tuition money. On top of that there's housing and so forth. I studied abroad and it cost me a hand and a leg.

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #10566 on: September 19, 2015, 07:26:03 PM »

Aw, Haiz, I'm sorry to hear that you're anxious and stressed. I wish you good luck with whatever choice you make. Try not to work yourself too hard, okay?

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #10567 on: September 19, 2015, 07:34:03 PM »
*sweats* ok wow that was a lot of responses to my tiny-lettered toe-dipping life update ha ha ha ha

*Prudently hugs* New or big thing can be scary. But you can do it. I'm sure you can :)
I HOPE SO and if not i guess i'll try again next semester

haha, join the club.  I will say one small thing in favor of procrastination -- sometimes if you're dragging your feet over something, it means your heart isn't really in it. 
But if the Haiz came to Canada that would be massively awesome.
maybe it's not so much "my heart isn't in it" as much as "oh gods i've been ignoring any and all advice/lectures/anything on studying abroad and now i've got something around ten days to catch up and idk if i'll be able to"
but from the way im feeling REALLY EXCITED ABOUT the thought i like to think i really wanna do this
because i've known for a long time i want to go abroad at some point
and canada is like
1) it's far away
2) but still northern enough for me to not suffer in the climate
3) english speaking
4) but not the US (nothing personal, im just terrified of the US)

and i hadnt really considered it before but when i did it's like dang i want that

Exchange in Canada? : D That sounds like it could be cool! (Where in Canada?)
Good luck with preparing everything you need for the application, if you do decide that you want to do this.
uhh i checked the list for universities that cooperate with my uni, and the one in Waterloo seems to fit?? i mean what happened was viola saying "my uni has a subject called gender and art" and that is just THE HAIZEST SUBJECT POSSIBLE I AM INTRIUGED and i jokingly said "brb going to canada" and........ yeah anyway i have no idea where it actually is but they have that subject : D

It might sound weird for me to be giving fiscal advice, but - be sure you can afford this before you start considering it seriously. Uni in Canada probably costs tuition money. Possibly a lot of tuition money. On top of that there's housing and so forth. I studied abroad and it cost me a hand and a leg.
hhhhhhyeah probably
but im also still living with my financially stable middle class parents who are urging me to study abroad and thought canada sounds like a good idea
so
I HAVE HOPE

Aw, Haiz, I'm sorry to hear that you're anxious and stressed. I wish you good luck with whatever choice you make. Try not to work yourself too hard, okay?
"try not to work too hard" i've been doing practically nothing for weeks hahahaa, most of my anxiety and stress stems from my sudden inability to put effort in important life stuff!! but thank you ^_______^
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 07:42:43 PM by Haiz »

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10568 on: September 19, 2015, 07:49:50 PM »
uhh i checked the list for universities that cooperate with my uni, and the one in Waterloo seems to fit?? i mean what happened was viola saying "my uni has a subject called gender and art" and that is just THE HAIZEST SUBJECT POSSIBLE I AM INTRIUGED and i jokingly said "brb going to canada" and........ yeah anyway i have no idea where it actually is but they have that subject : D

My school is the university of ottawa, but that one ended up not being compatible with your school. In the end I think it was university of waterloo that we found also had the gender and art course.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #10569 on: September 19, 2015, 07:53:38 PM »
Okay, but will we see Vi in an exchange in Europe later ? :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #10570 on: September 19, 2015, 08:06:52 PM »
Okay, but will we see Vi in an exchange in Europe later ? :D

You becha!! I've already looked into it, sadly they don't let you leave until 3rd year, so I'm going to have to wait it out. I will be coming though. Brace yourselves
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10571 on: September 19, 2015, 08:12:41 PM »
My school is the university of ottawa, but that one ended up not being compatible with your school. In the end I think it was university of waterloo that we found also had the gender and art course.

*Googles University of Waterloo*

Hmm. That is only a three-and-a-half hour drive from my grandparents' house. Hmmmmmmmm...

You becha!! I've already looked into it, sadly they don't let you leave until 3rd year, so I'm going to have to wait it out. I will be coming though. Brace yourselves

Haha, lookout for me, too! And I can technically go as early as next semester (although I'll wait for a variety of academic reasons). I wonder if my parents would be confused at me looking into going to Finland...

...I should probably mention to them that I'm learning Finnish at some point -_-
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Mélusine

« Reply #10572 on: September 19, 2015, 08:14:37 PM »
You becha!!
???
And for the rest : I'll wait.

...I should probably mention to them that I'm learning Finnish at some point -_-
*Tries not to laugh* ^^ Yes, probably.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #10573 on: September 19, 2015, 08:16:15 PM »

Hey mom, dad, can we talk? There's something you need to know about me... ;)

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #10574 on: September 19, 2015, 08:21:46 PM »

WE DID IT maybe i should go to bed now