Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387672 times)

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9975 on: August 31, 2015, 10:33:32 PM »
Sure! And I vaguely have a chance of meeting you in the near future. :D

Pm me if/ when your're in the area! I'd love to meet you!
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9976 on: August 31, 2015, 10:53:33 PM »
Pm me if/ when your're in the area! I'd love to meet you!

Will do! Maybe around Thanksgiving or Christmas this year. :)
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #9977 on: August 31, 2015, 11:08:55 PM »
[...]
[...]

Thank you both for the advice! It's very good advice, I think, though easier said than done. Then again, isn't everything? ;) It's given me some enthusiasm and dispelled some frustration in any case, so thank you again!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9978 on: September 02, 2015, 06:57:30 AM »
OK SO i bought this book called "Information is Beautiful" that is full of cool graphs and visual statistics and stuff, right
and
I opened it at a random page and

you'll know where to find me.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #9979 on: September 02, 2015, 07:15:55 AM »
Speaking of books, I got the omnibus digger volume, which is wonderful! And it contained a bonus comic not found on the internet. And it is wonderful too, except, the first thing that comes to mind when I read it, is: Oh, no, Haiz!
Spoiler: show

The artists carves that unicorn and gives it to the emperor who believes himself to be a unicorn and forces the artist to carve him more and more and more unicorns and.. well.. The artist ended up having that text on his tomb. Enough said.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9980 on: September 02, 2015, 07:41:59 AM »
Speaking of books, I got the omnibus digger volume, which is wonderful! And it contained a bonus comic not found on the internet. And it is wonderful too, except, the first thing that comes to mind when I read it, is: Oh, no, Haiz!

The artists carves that unicorn and gives it to the emperor who believes himself to be a unicorn and forces the artist to carve him more and more and more unicorns and.. well.. The artist ended up having that text on his tomb. Enough said.

ahahaha that's okay, I'm planning on going to Valhalla anyway.

reminds me of my finnish great aunt that collects wooden horses, but is giving them away to visitors because she won't be able to take them with her to heaven.
you'll know where to find me.

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #9981 on: September 02, 2015, 07:55:03 AM »

Oh gosh, I love Ursula! I really should finish reading Digger some day though....
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #9982 on: September 02, 2015, 07:57:02 AM »
Speaking of books, I got the omnibus digger volume, which is wonderful! And it contained a bonus comic not found on the internet.
(snip)

*_* Digger! Ahh it's so nice to see other Ursula V fans here! Her work keeps popping up in places that I don't expect it.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #9983 on: September 02, 2015, 08:36:53 AM »
Oh gosh, I love Ursula! I really should finish reading Digger some day though....
You should! It is really unique.
*_* Digger! Ahh it's so nice to see other Ursula V fans here! Her work keeps popping up in places that I don't expect it.
..I think it was someone in the comments who recommended her works to me, actually :)

Haiz, there are probably unicorns in Valhalla, we just haven't been told about them.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9984 on: September 02, 2015, 07:04:20 PM »
I'm moved in! I have stuff and an actual address and I will post pictures and stories later tonight. Right now food is priority.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #9985 on: September 02, 2015, 07:38:48 PM »
I'm moved in! I have stuff and an actual address and I will post pictures and stories later tonight. Right now food is priority.

Haha, same here! I'm freaking out about it (first time away from home and all), but everything is put away and my roommate is super nice, and I plan to get her to read SSSS ASAP :)
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #9986 on: September 02, 2015, 07:40:47 PM »
Haha, same here! I'm freaking out about it (first time away from home and all), but everything is put away and my roommate is super nice, and I plan to get her to read SSSS ASAP :)

EEEEE congrations to both of you guys!! I wish you the best of luck (and Ana, CONVERT CONVERT CONVERT)
YEET

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9987 on: September 02, 2015, 07:42:26 PM »

Good luck Ana! You got this! And you know how to reach me if you need anything :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #9988 on: September 02, 2015, 07:43:09 PM »

Downside to me living in a single dorm this year: no roommate to convert into a Minnion.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #9989 on: September 02, 2015, 07:54:20 PM »
(and Ana, CONVERT CONVERT CONVERT)

I plan to wear my Lalli costume on Halloween for exactly two reasons. 1. Because I like it, and 2. So that people ask me who it is and I get to introduce them to SSSS ^-^

I also speak SCIENCE!!!