Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387848 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9465 on: August 17, 2015, 03:56:05 PM »
While universities tend to stick to the traditional "tres faciunt collegium", other kinds of school follow different rules. My German Gymnasium had a rule that in the last couple years leading to the final exam, classes would never get canceled due to lack of attendees. (Edit: Unless the number was as low as zero, of course.)

Source: The poor sod who had been the only one to apply for a Leistungskurs in Russian, only to have them cancelled, and thought he could try to shave some work off getting his exam that way ...
way up in northern norway entire schools have been shut down due to low attendance, including the school where my mom used to work before we moved. It's pretty sad.
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #9466 on: August 17, 2015, 03:56:22 PM »

.................seven.
I was waiting. Do what you want ? ;) *Offers tea*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9467 on: August 17, 2015, 04:31:28 PM »
I was waiting. Do what you want ? ;) *Offers tea*

*accepts tea as long as it isn't a bribe*
I'll work on my comic in due time - right now I'm working on Solo's birthday present, though.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Mélusine

« Reply #9468 on: August 17, 2015, 04:35:11 PM »
*accepts tea as long as it isn't a bribe*
I'll work on my comic in due time - right now I'm working on Solo's birthday present, though.
Me ? A bribe ? But... but... :-[ *Goes to drink more tea in order to forget that*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #9469 on: August 17, 2015, 05:22:42 PM »
Happy birthday, Solo! :D

I played SWTOR for five hours today and my head hurts a little... I'm feeling a little guilty for not doing anything productive, but this game is so addictive!!
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #9470 on: August 17, 2015, 06:34:46 PM »

I played SWTOR for five hours today and my head hurts a little... I'm feeling a little guilty for not doing anything productive, but this game is so addictive!!
Huh, I bought that ages ago a day before it went F2P and left it in a kind of rage...
Maybe I should go back to it sometime.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #9471 on: August 17, 2015, 11:04:51 PM »
haha finally started playing a dark room again.

its really only addictive if u don't have any internet but maybe

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9472 on: August 18, 2015, 02:54:43 AM »
* Feartheviolas wonders what would happen if Laufey and Fimby were ever placed into a room together and left alone....

This sounds like on of those dramatic text bits that appear in the intro to catastrophe movies.

* Solovei quietly celebrates birthday in a very non-celebratory manner
*so really just tries to have a relatively okay day for once*

Happy Birthday cap'n Solo! I'd buy you a bottle of Solo (Norwegian soda) if I could.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #9473 on: August 18, 2015, 03:00:21 AM »
This sounds like on of those dramatic text bits that appear in the intro to catastrophe movies.

Happy Birthday cap'n Solo! I'd buy you a bottle of Solo (Norwegian soda) if I could.
Solo soda? I love solo! It's the only soft drink I like/will drink. :3 just a plain...not too fizzy lemon squash. U__U
Unless...this is a different Solo..?

Edit: oooohoo there are two solos! The Norwegian one is orange :D nice!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 03:04:39 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9474 on: August 18, 2015, 03:40:16 AM »
Edit: oooohoo there are two solos! The Norwegian one is orange :D nice!

Yes, I'm thinking of this one. It comes with lemon and strawberry flavour too.

Mélusine

« Reply #9475 on: August 18, 2015, 07:47:02 AM »
I want to go back to Nantes.
Not a valid vimeo URL
I want I want I want I want. Why am I not in Nantes ? T_T

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #9476 on: August 18, 2015, 10:51:36 AM »
there... there is a prequel to a dark room?

its called the ensign and apparently you can only get iT on the iPhone which is kinda sucky but I HAVE AN IPHONE SO WHO CARES

but it costs a dollar nvm i dead inside

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9477 on: August 18, 2015, 05:47:12 PM »
m'not sure if you actually wanna keep hearing about my history class adventures but i'll keep you updated anyway!!
today in Real Life:

- a third student showed up to classical religion class!! I have also learnt the names of everyone in my classical religion class already. i'm proud of myself

- it's embarassing how much of the greek mythology I remember mostly because of percy jackson. for once I know about a topic from several sources but most of the things I say in class are things i remember from reading the series gosh dang it

- there are at least ten students in classical history class so that's a thing. the lecturer is really old and speaks very softly, but in a good way, I think? he's also the first lecturer I've had at uni to not use powerpoints, it seems. also likes to remind everyone how old he is all the time. "back in the days, we would use the breaks for smoking! now, people pull out their thingamajigs and disappear into the clicking. I think things were better when we were smoking."

as far as history teachers go I don't think he can beat the history teacher we had at my high school in eccentricism. we made a facebook page dedicated to his quotes.
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

« Reply #9478 on: August 18, 2015, 05:53:00 PM »
- it's embarassing how much of the greek mythology I remember mostly because of percy jackson. for once I know about a topic from several sources but most of the things I say in class are things i remember from reading the series gosh dang it
The most important thing is remembering. Use the way you want ;) Says the girls who had to go to the church as a child and teenager and wasn't lost when it came to religious paintings.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #9479 on: August 18, 2015, 07:32:11 PM »
And now, the uh.... Sequel/spinoff series to Haiz's University Life Adventures: "Owl's Third Year Crisis; Please I Just Want To Go Home"

Asdfghjklgggggl I don't want to go to class this morning, everyone in it's horrible and the one person I like hasn't been there for four weeks. Also it's just really boring.

I finally was able to see my design teacher, after three weeks of no feedback/contact. So I'm failing that. I was going to withdraw from the unit but I'd be in too much trouble plus I missed the penalty-free deadline :/ so I've got 5 weeks until the grad show and I have no work. I just have no energy, motivation or ideas for anything.
And now I have to have an animation ready to present on Monday, but I don't have any digital art programs to make it on? I think I can remember how to make a Gif in photoshop....but I don't know how to even draw and colour in photoshop.... And it needs to be digital for the resolution to be ok when it's eventually projected or whatever.
I don't even know how I'm going to present my project for the show and examination, I've never been able to see a grad show. Any ideas? What do people usually do with their stuff??
I think the only way I might possibly pass this year is because the teacher likes me, but then at the end it's not her who's marking the work...so imma fail this big time. And will have to repeat the semester- which will only cost the same amount of money than if I quit now and tried again next year.
Just...aaaaa I don't have anyone that I can bounce ideas off and ask for help from, so I've turned into a crab and just, spiraled myself down into a sand hole. :I
I was in such a funk this morning (because someone has actually hidden/lost all my underwear, I had to wait half an hour to get a hairbrush out of a bathroom, then I couldn't use the bathroom, both sisters were behaving like spoiled turds this morning) I nearly punched through the car window, and I didn't even say Bye or Thankyou to mum when she dropped me off at the university. So I feel like satan.

Different topic: where can you buy postcards?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 07:39:22 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16: