Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387655 times)

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9450 on: August 17, 2015, 12:45:42 PM »
Happy birthday! It's a relevant information, since I'm about to write your postcard  ;)
Eeeee :DDD Looks like I'll have some good mail to look forward to in the next few weeks~
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9451 on: August 17, 2015, 12:48:29 PM »
* Solovei quietly celebrates birthday in a very non-celebratory manner
*so really just tries to have a relatively okay day for once*

Happy birthday Solo!! I'm working on a birthday present for you, which I hope to finish before the day ends! But if I don't finish, know that I didn't forget :)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #9452 on: August 17, 2015, 12:51:40 PM »
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #9453 on: August 17, 2015, 01:14:59 PM »
lecturer: "and I... uh... need two volunteers for being class representatives..."
*all 2 students exchange deadpan stare*

How is that even legal? If my class only had two people, it would legit get canceled. The Uni would be all like "Nope, not enough interest shown, too much moneyz to keep the lights on and pay the professor for his time, sucks to be you!"
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #9454 on: August 17, 2015, 01:19:10 PM »
How is that even legal? If my class only had two people, it would legit get canceled. The Uni would be all like "Nope, not enough interest shown, too much moneyz to keep the lights on and pay the professor for his time, sucks to be you!"

I looked at a school (didn't end up applying there) that had every freshman enroll in a class with only one other person on purpose. It was supposed to be for writing and debate skills or something, I don't exactly remember.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9455 on: August 17, 2015, 01:41:50 PM »
I looked at a school (didn't end up applying there) that had every freshman enroll in a class with only one other person on purpose. It was supposed to be for writing and debate skills or something, I don't exactly remember.

That sounds like hell O____O

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #9456 on: August 17, 2015, 01:46:42 PM »
* Solovei quietly celebrates birthday in a very non-celebratory manner
*so really just tries to have a relatively okay day for once*

Here's wishing you a DEFINITELY OKAY Birthday!  :D
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #9457 on: August 17, 2015, 01:52:27 PM »
Same for what I saw or what my brother/friends have lived... So yes, it seems strange. Even if it was one lesson among others in a week.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9458 on: August 17, 2015, 03:21:19 PM »
happy birthday solo!!

Starting the semester this early sucks, while there are countries where university only starts in October. (and these differences are nightmares to the mobility coordinators...) I suppose you have more holidays during the year, but still.
well, I've had my summer 'vacation' for over two months, and I'm not starting earlier than most everyone else in this country...

sorry to hear about the end of the programme *pat pat*

O_o How could you be only two in a class ?
Well, I think there _are_ more than two people signed up for this subject, but attending lectures is kind of voluntary? Since the most of the studying is reading, anyway..... It'll be interesting to see how many will attend the classical history lecture tomorrow.

I got my job evaluation from the hotel!! It's funny how the evaluation from almost all places are "works diligently, but is quiet and doesn't communicate much" or "could need to improve communication"... except from reception that says I've "mastered the art of communicating with guests". Am I just gonna go ahead and blame the language? you bet I am

aaaaand I just came back from meeting with the volunteers for Torucon that is happening this weekend! I'm really excited, and another funny thing is that it's taking place at a Clarion hotel. right after I've worked two months on a Clarion hotel. It's fate
you'll know where to find me.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #9459 on: August 17, 2015, 03:39:56 PM »
Happy birthday Solo, 2x

anyway, i'm glad to see everyone souls are freed from that game! and now i have decent internet, i can finally play!

unimportant but still important, i have so much art to upload. i think i'll just trickle down

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #9460 on: August 17, 2015, 03:46:15 PM »
I don't want to scare anyone but the driver would probably just mistake me for a local sheep, check my ears for markings and deposit me to some farm.
... offer the driver a swap he can't refuse ... ?

While universities tend to stick to the traditional "tres faciunt collegium", other kinds of school follow different rules. My German Gymnasium had a rule that in the last couple years leading to the final exam, classes would never get canceled due to lack of attendees. (Edit: Unless the number was as low as zero, of course.)

Source: The poor sod who had been the only one to apply for a Leistungskurs in Russian, only to have them cancelled, and thought he could try to shave some work off getting his exam that way ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9461 on: August 17, 2015, 03:47:42 PM »
anyway, i'm glad to see everyone souls are freed from that game! and now i have decent internet, i can finally play!

Is it bad that I'm considering starting a new round of that? >.>

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #9462 on: August 17, 2015, 03:48:48 PM »
Is it bad that I'm considering starting a new round of that? >.>
*Down-to-earth* How many pages do you have for your webcomic ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9463 on: August 17, 2015, 03:52:17 PM »
*Down-to-earth* How many pages do you have for your webcomic ?

.................seven.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #9464 on: August 17, 2015, 03:53:56 PM »
A question to people who know Patreon better than I, or even better this particular author:

I don't see any reference to an online archive of the comic being available to patrons, to printed versions, no information on how many pages the comic already has or when it started, or even a way to throw the author any questions. If one only gets the pages that get published while you're being a patron, how are latecomers ever going to get caught up with the preexisting plot?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15