Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387280 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #765 on: October 25, 2014, 02:24:32 PM »
Maybe I should just invest into a boat and travel around all the coastlines, grab everyone up and travel to the US by sea. That would be fun and spare me always stuffing everything into my backpack :D

I have a boat, but it would be beyond even Sigrun-level of optimistic insanity to take it on a round-the-world trip.

3) We need some fanart of Potato's unicorn vampire friend.

Like a crossover between Twilight and the game CLOP.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 02:30:34 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #766 on: October 25, 2014, 02:37:00 PM »
Starring Eich as lead investigator (who would rather not deal with charred, unidentifiable bodies), OrigamiOwl as dynamic sidekick greenhorn and ThisCat as resident criminal pathologist.

Aw, what can I be? Can I be the flighty witness?

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #767 on: October 25, 2014, 02:41:21 PM »
Shines-in-the-night vs a shining knight?
Did I spell shinning wrong? I meant it as in bright. I apologize for my lack of spelling skills.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #768 on: October 25, 2014, 02:44:51 PM »
I have a boat, but it would be beyond even Sigrun-level of optimistic insanity to take it on a round-the-world trip.

I say: Let's just try :D.

Ok, I once saw a canal boat set out on a large river/canal for big transporting ships in manchester. It was like putting a small toy-car on a motorway. So if it's a tiny little vessel maybe we shouldn't start a trip by that.

What kind of boat is it?
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #769 on: October 25, 2014, 03:36:46 PM »
I say: Let's just try :D.

Ok, I once saw a canal boat set out on a large river/canal for big transporting ships in manchester. It was like putting a small toy-car on a motorway. So if it's a tiny little vessel maybe we shouldn't start a trip by that.

What kind of boat is it?

I'll board your boat, Kex! As long as it isn't a tiny life-risking boat, of course. Probably even if it is. As long as we get to go to ComicCon and meet each other!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #770 on: October 25, 2014, 03:45:28 PM »
I've seen the discussion about the term "boyfriend" before; some people just use "partner" or "manfriend". In Chinese and Malay, the term translates to "male friend", so it's quite age-neutral. How do you say it in German?

In norwegian we just say kjæreste, which translates directly to "most beloved". Entirely gender- and age neutral. It's pretty sweet.

I'll board your boat, Kex! As long as it isn't a tiny life-risking boat, of course. Probably even if it is. As long as we get to go to ComicCon and meet each other!

Some day I will go to comic con. Some day.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #771 on: October 25, 2014, 03:53:54 PM »
In norwegian we just say kjæreste, which translates directly to "most beloved". Entirely gender- and age neutral. It's pretty sweet.

I think "dearest" is a more direct translation, which is funny considering the word's old-people association in English.

What kind of boat is it?

Small cabin cruiser. Well, I said it's my boat but it's sort of my dad's. Actually mostly my dad's. That being the case gave him the privilege of naming it, hence it is christened "my wife's capitulation". He's kind of a troll sometimes.

Vanemasjaajaja

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #772 on: October 25, 2014, 04:24:12 PM »

Raya

« Reply #773 on: October 25, 2014, 04:26:20 PM »
My tinfoil hat isn't on properly. Someone explain?

Raya

« Reply #774 on: October 25, 2014, 04:41:53 PM »
Wait what? How comes I never catch these threads?
*Checks on foolz archive*

Huh, they posted your stuff on Britain.

>Go on /co/
>"Oh hey, an SSSS thread! Let's see what-"
>Sees forum posts
>"Oh my."

If it helps any, he looks British-y* with dirty blond hair and a red beard, and he does not have a horn on his head.

*I may not actually be a good judge of what British people look like

Your vegan unicorn partner is now confirmed to look like me. Uh, enjoy I guess? ;D

I love meeting online friends, so I'd be totally up for a meetup. It's a lot of fun hosting them.

Vanemasjaajaja

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #775 on: October 25, 2014, 04:45:04 PM »
My tinfoil hat isn't on properly. Someone explain?

Eh, I didn't mean that the pixels have a significant shape or somesuch. Only that they are an exceptionally well-rendered 8 pixels (if I won't even count the semi-transparent ones, which are also excellent!) and I feel happy for them.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #776 on: October 25, 2014, 05:47:12 PM »
Hmmmm ... a small boat crowded with people off the normal travel routes and trying to enter the land of their dreams without proper paperwork ... how very in character. :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

FrogEater

• Ranger
  • Pessimists experience only good surprises
« Reply #777 on: October 25, 2014, 05:48:41 PM »
Small cabin cruiser. Well, I said it's my boat but it's sort of my dad's. Actually mostly my dad's. That being the case gave him the privilege of naming it, hence it is christened "my wife's capitulation". He's kind of a troll sometimes.
Kind of. Only kind of. Only sometimes.  ;D
:france: fluent, :uk: decent, :germany: war gut, :italy: tourist knowledge

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #778 on: October 25, 2014, 05:57:16 PM »
Hmmmm ... a small boat crowded with people off the normal travel routes and trying to enter the land of their dreams without proper paperwork ... how very in character. :P

I was expecting a link to the page where the Icelandic coast guard processes some migrants without proper paperwork. Then again that might only be a likely outcome in North Korea nowadays.

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #779 on: October 25, 2014, 07:46:35 PM »
And Hello to the forum! Please feel happy to post a "hello, I am ..." message in the Welcome Thread so we can all get to know you! :)
My one-and-only: :uk: