Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387601 times)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #735 on: October 25, 2014, 04:47:20 AM »
The computer voice thing is the most best description of this.  :P

I can't be a single old cat lady (or Taru) with you, though. I found a perfect unicorn mashup of Smarts and Niceness and discovered he liked me while we were revising for a statistics test.
...............I mean, it's just that he's 10,000 kilometers away and I haven't hugged him since January, but that's not much against him and I get to see him in two weeks SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ÜBER SQUEEEEEEEEE!!
Well I guess I'll just adopt your share of the cats then ;)

Hehehe the unicorn analogy is great! X'D hahaha... unicorns...
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

potatobunny

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #736 on: October 25, 2014, 04:53:00 AM »
ÜBER SQUEEEEEEEEE!!
Well I guess I'll just adopt your share of the cats then ;)

Hehehe the unicorn analogy is great! X'D hahaha... unicorns...
You can have my share of the cats; we'll adopt a couple bunnies instead.

So rare, so precious. You wouldn't think that they exist though you still hope, and then one day you see one.
[bragging]He also manages to be a tolerant non-judgmental vegan, and he used to call me so I could pop over when his mum fried bacon for brunch. [/bragging]

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #737 on: October 25, 2014, 04:56:50 AM »
You can have my share of the cats; we'll adopt a couple bunnies instead.

So rare, so precious. You wouldn't think that they exist though you still hope, and then one day you see one.
[bragging]He also manages to be a tolerant non-judgmental vegan, and he used to call me so I could pop over when his mum fried bacon for brunch. [/bragging]

Awwww! [pretending not to cry] I promise I'll look after all the cats! And you and your bunnies can visit anytime for vegan puddings [/pretending not to cry] ;3 hehehehehehehe

potatobunny

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #738 on: October 25, 2014, 05:03:22 AM »
Awwww! [pretending not to cry] I promise I'll look after all the cats! And you and your bunnies can visit anytime for vegan puddings [/pretending not to cry] ;3 hehehehehehehe

It'll be graaaaaaaaand. I wonder if a few years* down the line, we Minions of Minna would know each other well enough to actually go about visiting each other.

*timeline could be shorter if participants are less paranoid

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #739 on: October 25, 2014, 05:18:54 AM »
It'll be graaaaaaaaand. I wonder if a few years* down the line, we Minions of Minna would know each other well enough to actually go about visiting each other.

*timeline could be shorter if participants are less paranoid

Heh, I'd probably be up for an icecream/lunch rendezvous maybe :P
*unfortunately after going to the icecream parlor, OrigamiOwl was never seen again*
Hahahaha
An eventual Convention meet-up would be cool though ;P

potatobunny

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #740 on: October 25, 2014, 06:04:19 AM »
Heh, I'd probably be up for an icecream/lunch rendezvous maybe :P
*unfortunately after going to the icecream parlor, OrigamiOwl was never seen again*
Hahahaha
An eventual Convention meet-up would be cool though ;P
Public spaces with security measures are good. Considering the international spread of the community, though, might be a bit hard to pull off.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #741 on: October 25, 2014, 07:18:41 AM »
I was gonna put my dad's nickname for our dog in the last post, but I thought it would be unwise to...

My dad used to call our (male) dog "the *****" (edit: nevermind, you apparently added that particular word to the profanity filter. Hint: rappers use it a lot, particularly when referring to women). It sounds random but it's actually a fairly lame multilingual pun.

I can't be a single old cat lady (or Taru) with you, though. I found a perfect unicorn mashup of Smarts and Niceness and discovered he liked me while we were revising for a statistics test.
...............I mean, it's just that he's 10,000 kilometers away and I haven't hugged him since January, but that's not much against him and I get to see him in two weeks SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm confused, are we talking about an actual human boyfriend (in which case I'm happy for you) or an imaginary unicorn life partner (in which case.... well, still happy for you)?

Public spaces with security measures are good. Considering the international spread of the community, though, might be a bit hard to pull off.

It sounds as if you suspect someone among the minions of being a serial killer.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #742 on: October 25, 2014, 07:32:20 AM »
I'm confused, are we talking about an actual human boyfriend (in which case I'm happy for you) or an imaginary unicorn life partner (in which case.... well, still happy for you)?

It sounds as if you suspect someone among the minions of being a serial killer.

I'm pretty sure she means a human....but one can never be too sure ;P

That actually sounds like one hell of a locked-room(or thread) whodunit 8)
"It was Nimphy in the SSSS Art Museum with the...uh...flamethrower! She was so cute no one ever suspected the tiny jewel thief's true cold nature..."
X'D hehehe

But I don't think that at all :P (I'll probably have a weird nightmare now but oh well!) however the forum can be viewed by anyone~ But I'm sure that everyone here practices normal internet safetiness ;P
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 07:36:23 AM by OrigamiOwl »

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #743 on: October 25, 2014, 07:43:25 AM »

"It was Nimphy in the SSSS Art Museum with the...uh...flamethrower! She was so cute no one ever suspected the tiny jewel thief's true cold nature..."
X'D hehehe

But I don't think that at all :P (I'll probably have a weird nightmare now but oh well!) however the forum can be viewed by anyone~ But I'm sure that everyone here practices normal internet safetiness ;P

Starring Eich as lead investigator (who would rather not deal with charred, unidentifiable bodies), OrigamiOwl as dynamic sidekick greenhorn and ThisCat as resident criminal pathologist. The only lead is trace amounts of lipgloss in the victim's blood.

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #744 on: October 25, 2014, 08:09:22 AM »

X'D hehehe

Oh, no! My secret identity has been discovered: I must find another gullible internet community!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #745 on: October 25, 2014, 08:19:43 AM »
Starring Eich as lead investigator (who would rather not deal with charred, unidentifiable bodies), OrigamiOwl as dynamic sidekick greenhorn and ThisCat as resident criminal pathologist. The only lead is trace amounts of lipgloss in the victim's blood.
Haha! And Sunflower can be the Press Reporter person, Fimbulvarg, you can be the voice of reason doubling as a red herring because you're slightly tooooo reasonable to be innocent ;)
But you're probably innocent.

Probably.  :o

Noako could be a cool policeman...and...and...there is just a huge smorgasbord of elaborate and kooky characters for everyone to choose! X'D my gosh hehehe

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #746 on: October 25, 2014, 08:26:07 AM »
Fimbulvarg, you can be the voice of reason doubling as a red herring because you're slightly tooooo reasonable to be innocent ;)
But you're probably innocent.

Probably.  :o

;)

How to gut a fish: deliver blunt trauma to head with suitable object or surface. Grasph firmly around lower neck and sever throat with sharp knife. Rinse, grasp neck firmly and lead knife downwards to expose guts, remove guts and rinse again.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #747 on: October 25, 2014, 08:34:35 AM »
;)

How to gut a fish: deliver blunt trauma to head with suitable object or surface. Grasph firmly around lower neck and sever throat with sharp knife. Rinse, grasp neck firmly and lead knife downwards to expose guts, remove guts and rinse again.
*spits tea everywhere*

*chokes a little bit*

Ummmmm... I got gutting confused with filleting and thought "you're doing it wrong!" But I've never gutted a fish soooo.... I'll take your word for it.
For now.

This is going down in the "notebook of clues-and-herrings-and-meal-preparations-maybe-I-need-three-notebooks-oh-no-I've-run-out-of-spac" Fimbulvarg..... I've got my owl eyes on you.... ;P hehe

Oh, no! My secret identity has been discovered: I must find another gullible internet community!

*GASP!!1!!*
Nooooooooo!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 08:36:54 AM by OrigamiOwl »

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #748 on: October 25, 2014, 10:05:38 AM »
;)

Well, this was crude. Firsly, if you can, breaking the neck is better, then you can cut off the head. Secondly, you should start gutting from the anus and up to the neck, this will expose the guts. The most important thing when taking out the guts is not to break the gall bladder, if you do, the whole fish is ruined. Depending on the kind of fish and the quality, you can also take out the liver and put it aside for frying. Then you clean out the swim bladder and scrape off the membrane on the inside of the fish- that last part is not terribly important. Then you cut off all the fins. This can be done with a pair of scissors. Who cares if it's the "woman" way of doing it, it's the smart way of doing it. Clean off the scales and skin if neccesary, then cook.

Sorry, I'm just really proud of knowing how to do this.

Forensic pathology, huh? I guess that's kinda in my field, but just slightly. I'd totally be up for meeting you guys irl though :)
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #749 on: October 25, 2014, 10:19:44 AM »
Well, this was crude. Firsly, if you can, breaking the neck is better, then you can cut off the head. Secondly, you should start gutting from the anus and up to the neck, this will expose the guts. The most important thing when taking out the guts is not to break the gall bladder, if you do, the whole fish is ruined. Depending on the kind of fish and the quality, you can also take out the liver and put it aside for frying. Then you clean out the swim bladder and scrape off the membrane on the inside of the fish- that last part is not terribly important. Then you cut off all the fins. This can be done with a pair of scissors. Who cares if it's the "woman" way of doing it, it's the smart way of doing it. Clean off the scales and skin if neccesary, then cook.

I think you may have misunderstood the joke.