Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387558 times)

potatobunny

• Safe-Zone Citizen
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #750 on: October 25, 2014, 10:40:33 AM »
I'm confused, are we talking about an actual human boyfriend (in which case I'm happy for you) or an imaginary unicorn life partner (in which case.... well, still happy for you)?

It sounds as if you suspect someone among the minions of being a serial killer.
Vegans are human too, aren't they? :D  At one point I did wonder if he was a vampire since he never ate around us, but he wasn't a vampire. Would you consider vampires human?

Haha, not so much serial killers as other, more mundane concerns, I guess. Basic stalking and harassment and changelings and stuff.

What's with all the fish dissection?  :o

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #751 on: October 25, 2014, 10:43:13 AM »
I think you may have misunderstood the joke.

:P not really, just wanted to sound like I did I guess. I thought she was killed by a flamethrower anyway, so that kind of speculation might even get you off the hook.

Vegans are human too, aren't they? :D  At one point I did wonder if he was a vampire since he never ate around us, but he wasn't a vampire. Would you consider vampires human?

Haha, not so much serial killers as other, more mundane concerns, I guess. Basic stalking and harassment and changelings and stuff.

Hey! Gutting and dissecting are two different things!
And I don't stalk. Much.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #752 on: October 25, 2014, 10:46:39 AM »
Forensic pathology, huh? I guess that's kinda in my field, but just slightly. I'd totally be up for meeting you guys irl though :)

A (far-off possibly expensive hypothetical) minion-meeting would be awesome. Sans murder scenes and methodically-cutting-apart-fishes classes, etc, etc.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks changelings are simply one of many mundane concerns of this life. :P

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #753 on: October 25, 2014, 10:47:02 AM »

Confusion intensifies. You have a vegan vampire unicorn life partner? How does that even... What?

This thread is now Norwegian territory.

potatobunny

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #754 on: October 25, 2014, 10:47:19 AM »
And I don't stalk. Much.

You're a cat. Cats stalk as a matter of course.

And I don't eat fish, so anything to do with fish guts gets filed under "meh, dissection". :P

potatobunny

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #755 on: October 25, 2014, 10:50:20 AM »
I don't get the joke.  ??? Probably a Norwegian fish thing.  ???

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks changelings are simply one of many mundane concerns of this life. :P
Of course they are. Changelings are the traditional way to describe pod people.  ;)

Confusion intensifies. You have a vegan vampire unicorn life partner? How does that even... What?
No, the vampire bit was a misunderstanding.  ;D

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #756 on: October 25, 2014, 10:58:18 AM »

I think I did misunderstand the joke...
How about this:

What's the difference between a reindeer and a knight is shinning armor?

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #757 on: October 25, 2014, 11:18:42 AM »
I tried to catch up. Read everything. Try to imagine the vegan unicorn partner. Fail. Start to read all over again. Concentrating. Thinking. Failing. Ok, I'll just get my shoes on and go for a run.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #758 on: October 25, 2014, 11:54:30 AM »
1) Heck yeah, I scored the lead detective role! :D 
2) I'd totally be up for meeting up one day, as long as I don't get any creeper vibes from y'all, that is.
3) We need some fanart of Potato's unicorn vampire friend.
4) You are all hilarious.
Feel free to PM.

potatobunny

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #759 on: October 25, 2014, 12:10:55 PM »
What's the difference between a reindeer and a knight is shinning armor?
Shines-in-the-night vs a shining knight?

Try to imagine the vegan unicorn partner. Fail.
3) We need some fanart of Potato's unicorn vampire friend.
Oh dear.  :o
If it helps any, he looks British-y* with dirty blond hair and a red beard, and he does not have a horn on his head.

I like the idea of meeting up with you guys, though it may be a logistical nightmare. Even if Nimphy flamethrowers me, it'd still be worth it.  :'(

*I may not actually be a good judge of what British people look like
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 12:20:35 PM by potatobunny »

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #760 on: October 25, 2014, 12:32:19 PM »
If my employer someday succeeds in paying my extra hours, maybe I get the money for rewarding myself with a europe-asian-trip in the next two years. It has been about a year now since I last packed my bag and entered a plain with only rough directions and a ticket for home.

If it helps any, he looks British-y* with dirty blond hair and a red beard, and he does not have a horn on his head.

I like beards. My boyfriend has got one, too. Also he has some reddish touch about his brown hairs but only at his beard.

Does one really say boyfriend to their partners for a whole live when not married? I mean, I'm out of my teens for a while and he definitely isn't a boy any more. Sounds kind of wrong but I never learned a different word.

Is it easy to live vegan in malaysia? As many receipies from there are, I assume so.

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #761 on: October 25, 2014, 12:39:32 PM »
Our ritual toast, like the Jewish prayer at Passover:

"Next year at Comi-Con!"
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

potatobunny

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #762 on: October 25, 2014, 12:43:25 PM »
If my employer someday succeeds in paying my extra hours, maybe I get the money for rewarding myself with a europe-asian-trip in the next two years. It has been about a year now since I last packed my bag and entered a plain with only rough directions and a ticket for home.

I like beards. My boyfriend has got one, too. Also he has some reddish touch about his brown hairs but only at his beard.

Does one really say boyfriend to their partners for a whole live when not married? I mean, I'm out of my teens for a while and he definitely isn't a boy any more. Sounds kind of wrong but I never learned a different word.

Is it easy to live vegan in malaysia? As many receipies from there are, I assume so.
I hope you get paid for your extra hours, and get to travel! Backpacking isn't really my thing, but I like hearing about other people's adventures. :)

Beards! \o/ And also with the red in the beard but not in the hair? Is this a common thing? I'm used to black hair on everyone.
I've seen the discussion about the term "boyfriend" before; some people just use "partner" or "manfriend". In Chinese and Malay, the term translates to "male friend", so it's quite age-neutral. How do you say it in German?

Hmmmm. I think it wouldn't be quite as hard, seeing as there's Buddhist vegetarian (effectively vegan) stalls and restaurants everywhere. That said, my vegan unicorn vampire has never been to Malaysia before.  :D

Our ritual toast, like the Jewish prayer at Passover:

"Next year at Comi-Con!"
B-but air fare. ;___;

FrogEater

• Ranger
  • Pessimists experience only good surprises
« Reply #763 on: October 25, 2014, 01:17:51 PM »
Cool down : they say this every year, that leaves you plenty of time to save the money (or to practice loooooooooong range swimming ;) )
:france: fluent, :uk: decent, :germany: war gut, :italy: tourist knowledge

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #764 on: October 25, 2014, 01:56:23 PM »
Maybe I should just invest into a boat and travel around all the coastlines, grab everyone up and travel to the US by sea. That would be fun and spare me always stuffing everything into my backpack :D

In Germany I would use the term "partner" or "my friend" (the possessive noun makes it different from ordinary friends who are referred to as "a/one friend").

Forum Rules
Helpful Information