Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387982 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #8430 on: July 19, 2015, 07:37:36 PM »
Thank, it's helping a lot *Innocent smile*

Helping what?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #8431 on: July 19, 2015, 08:28:18 PM »
Aaand I'm off to two family reunions for the week... fortuitously timed, given the chapter break! Too bad I'm missing finals week here, but eh. (You can tell where my priorities are :P)
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #8432 on: July 19, 2015, 09:01:22 PM »
Yeeeeesssss maaaaybeee something :D

ég er kannski að drekka lítið*shinola-faced*

Drink lots of water and take an aspirin at bedtime.  (NOT Tylenol (TM) / acetominophen.)
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #8433 on: July 19, 2015, 09:07:10 PM »
>snip!< My face now feels like I've been snorting rock salt... >:(

This is evidence against a loving deity, I feel: I am currently having an allergic reaction to the air.

Have a pint to restore the Balance of The Cosmos.  "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."  :)
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8434 on: July 19, 2015, 11:54:31 PM »
Tragedy has struck me. My tablet pen is refusing to cooperate, which means (gasp) I can't draw. And it looks like I'll have to get a replacement :'(  Someone play "Taps" for me

(Edit: Oh yeah, and I just reached 2,000 posts!)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

daiseerose

« Reply #8435 on: July 20, 2015, 12:23:11 AM »
I hate asking people for  things

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #8436 on: July 20, 2015, 12:58:41 AM »
I hate asking people for  things
Are you okay? If you want to PM me at any time, that's fine. I can only respond in the mornings and at night though.

Also GUESS WHO GOT TO HOLD HER BABY COUSIN AND HE WAS TINY AND ADORABLE AND PERFECT. My aunt's holding up well, although the whole first-time-mother thing is an experience, and did I mention my baby cousin is adorable and he fell asleep in my arms and he was so precious and I want all of the babies like thirty-two babies and I wanted to take him home with me but my aunt wouldn't let me and did I mention he's adorable?
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
« Reply #8437 on: July 20, 2015, 01:39:42 AM »
@Fimbulvarg Well, I've been to cold countries before (i.e. Italy (during winter!), Scandinavia etc) and usually we survive by piling on winter clothes. About 3 layers of them.  ;)
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #8438 on: July 20, 2015, 02:51:59 AM »
Tragedy has struck me. My tablet pen is refusing to cooperate, which means (gasp) I can't draw. And it looks like I'll have to get a replacement :'(  Someone play "Taps" for me

(Edit: Oh yeah, and I just reached 2,000 posts!)
oh noooo ._____. and it's not just the batteries or something, either? finding replacements for things is the worst

oh, and 2000 posts? nice
SOON
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #8439 on: July 20, 2015, 02:59:47 AM »
oh noooo ._____. and it's not just the batteries or something, either? finding replacements for things is the worst

Well..... I had been using it an hour earlier and when I picked it back up to finish the drawing, it didn't work. And there's seemingly nothing wrong with the tablet, just the pen...  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #8440 on: July 20, 2015, 06:13:19 AM »

oh, and 2000 posts? nice
SOON

According to my graph of everyone's posting average, you are going to pass Piney in a week. Also Fimby will get a promotion around the same time
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #8441 on: July 20, 2015, 07:04:45 AM »
According to my graph of everyone's posting average, you are going to pass Piney in a week. Also Fimby will get a promotion around the same time

I'd like to have a promotion in a month, but the show must go on.

Also, you should know that posting average is the average number of posts since member X joined the forum. The present posting average could be anything - if I'm not mistaken Haiz used to have a posting average of like 30 posts a day when they joined.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #8442 on: July 20, 2015, 07:50:43 AM »
Also, you should know that posting average is the average number of posts since member X joined the forum. The present posting average could be anything - if I'm not mistaken Haiz used to have a posting average of like 30 posts a day when they joined.
whaaat, really? 30? O_________O which threads did I even post in half of them didn't even exist yet
I haven't been aware of the post average for a very long time, but mine's been around 15 for the past two months at least.

anyway, this week I have returned to the kitchens!!
Spoiler: brings this back • show

I get to wear the cool kitchen outfit again

But I'm not in the same kitchen, but the breakfast kitchen (the kitchens are a humongous maze), whiich is in the same area as the cutlery polishing table. Cue survivor's guilt.

either way, chopping vegetables is somehow much more rewarding and interesting than cutlery hell. And hey, maybe nibbling at some leftover vegetable thing once in a while will be a good vitamin source. I think I may have neglected my vitamins lately, but I'm trying.

I also realized a thing - my first round in the kitchen a month ago, they called me "young lady" or "little girl" all the time instead of my name. Everywhere else it's been Helen, but never in the kitchens. Now I'm back, and my name is suddenly "kitty" and "goldie" (czech pet names equivalents of "honey" and "sweetie") - which feels very odd to me. I guess we just don't do pet names in Norway, especially not to people you don't know, so my brain's automatic response is to read it as condescending (and this, I think, is because the time I see pet names used the most is from internet fights, where 'sweetie' is used in a condescending manner pretty often).

My favourite moment was "look, girl, lady, or... whatever you are." with the kitchen boys snickering in the background.

ANYWAY the thing I realized today is that we don't wear the name tags in the kitchens because they might fall into the food. that's the conclusion.
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #8443 on: July 20, 2015, 08:39:32 AM »
I'd like to have a promotion in a month, but the show must go on.

I know. This is why I update my graph every day. It's just a rough estimate. You could suddendly stop posting and never read a promotion. I would just have to change the graph.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #8444 on: July 20, 2015, 09:44:20 AM »
When I meet people from the tropics I kinda want to bring them somewhere bitingly cold, like Hedmark or Northern Norway, just to see how they cope.
Tarzan: "Not to worry. Me got most best teacher!" [dons Emil wig, a dozen layers of SSSS uniforms and the mother of all flamethrowers]

Pah, why can't plants reproduce like normal people?
You might want to note that their "bedrooms" are public parks and the like to us ...

Hopefully they aren't reproducing in my sinuses though. Seems a bit of a dead end.
... and you might want to check the ground for teeny tiny saplings that came out of "nowhere" after the next time you sneeze.

ANYWAY the thing I realized today is that we don't wear the name tags in the kitchens because they might fall into the food. that's the conclusion.
Attach it to your chef's hat with a safety pin. For some reason, chef's hats are exempt from falling into food (or chefs wouldn't be allowed to wear them, right?).

... wait. Chef's hats are white. Write your name on it with some leftover rainbow hair dye!
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15