Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387770 times)

daiseerose

Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #8415 on: July 19, 2015, 05:16:24 PM »
I am sorry to hear about this and hope that you are feeling better soon (if I had power over the weather I would send us all a shower of rain...)

Heh, I was singing this song in our musical-production in 13th grade! I had almost forgotten it.
13th grade?

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #8416 on: July 19, 2015, 05:18:27 PM »
I hate how trees and plants just think they can invade my sinuses like that.

If they didn't they'd have a hard time reproducing though, just sayin'.

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #8417 on: July 19, 2015, 05:22:07 PM »
13th grade?

Well, yes, it's hard to translate different school systems but in Germany you could go to school for 13 years and then to university. (Nowadays it can be 12 years too) (And JoB, before you say something, I know, it's an oversimplification...  ;D)

Pah, why can't plants reproduce like normal people? This would make everything so much easier (save for the part of plants running all over the place searching for mates...) ;D
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #8418 on: July 19, 2015, 05:25:29 PM »
Pah, why can't plants reproduce like normal people? This would make everything so much easier (save for the part of plants running all over the place searching for mates...) ;D

Well, to turn it around: why can't people reproduce like plants? That would actually be kind of cool. I would like to be an aspen-human in that case - every now and then a clone would just sprout from my back. Meanwhile the maple-human is sending his offspring helicoptering off with the wind.

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #8419 on: July 19, 2015, 05:32:03 PM »
Well, to turn it around: why can't people reproduce like plants? That would actually be kind of cool. I would like to be an aspen-human in that case - every now and then a clone would just sprout from my back. Meanwhile the maple-human is sending his offspring helicoptering off with the wind.

But...but...the fun! The awkwardness! The huge pile of bad romantic novelettes never been written! All the weird mating behaviour!
And just saying, having something sprout from your back could be uncomfortable...
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #8420 on: July 19, 2015, 05:38:00 PM »
It's 33C here, but it's dry heat so it just feels lovely. (don't trust me on that, I wear a fleece until like 25C) We went and swam in Lake Washington, which was nice, and had a picnic.

Re: ACs, nobody has them here, so 99% of the time they're just like "this is good I don't have a big bulky box in my window" and then the one day when it's like 40C they're like "gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
So usually what we do when it's too hot is we open all the windows and doors as soon as it's cooler than  room temperature at night and close them around 8-10AM, so we just get cool night-air all day.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8421 on: July 19, 2015, 05:44:32 PM »

Hopefully they aren't reproducing in my sinuses though. Seems a bit of a dead end.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #8422 on: July 19, 2015, 06:20:51 PM »
My little sister read SSSS since a few days. Slowly. Slooooooowly. She's more interested by knowing if a friend we both beta-read will send new chapters soon. I mentioned that I had forbidden this friend to cross her universe with SSSS because of her favorite character in the comics and a potential of disasters. My little sister, understanding it must have something to do with the main character of the story (her favorite), told me I should have said it earlier. I beg she'll be far away in her SSSS reading tomorrow ::)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #8423 on: July 19, 2015, 06:41:10 PM »
In other news, I'm with the grandparents in West Wales for about a week and a half while my house gets renovated, and the weather's so great out here, not too hot, plenty of rain, all good.
Bit out of the way, though, so don't expect to see too much of me. I've managed to get a guitar and a keyboard up here too, so I can write songs about sheep, trees or, uh, cows. Best inspiration I've got out here, but the peace is nice.
(oh noooo, however are you going to manage?)

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #8424 on: July 19, 2015, 06:54:15 PM »
You can always get a copy of "All Creatures Great and Small", by James Herriot (Alf Wight).  Because, sheep and cows.  Plus the odd cat, dog, and pig.   ;D
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8425 on: July 19, 2015, 07:26:15 PM »
In other news, I'm with the grandparents in West Wales for about a week and a half while my house gets renovated, and the weather's so great out here, not too hot, plenty of rain, all good.
Bit out of the way, though, so don't expect to see too much of me. I've managed to get a guitar and a keyboard up here too, so I can write songs about sheep, trees or, uh, cows. Best inspiration I've got out here, but the peace is nice.
(oh noooo, however are you going to manage?)

Good thing it is the chapter break then?
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #8426 on: July 19, 2015, 07:28:22 PM »
HIIIIIIII *waves*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #8427 on: July 19, 2015, 07:28:58 PM »
HIIIIIIII *waves*
I suspect something is happening ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #8428 on: July 19, 2015, 07:35:00 PM »
I suspect something is happening ?

Yeeeeesssss maaaaybeee something :D

ég er kannski að drekka lítið*innocent face*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #8429 on: July 19, 2015, 07:36:25 PM »
Yeeeeesssss maaaaybeee something :D

ég er kannski að drekka lítið*innocent face*
Thank, it's helping a lot *Innocent smile*