Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387574 times)

Vafhudr

• Ranger
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #4290 on: April 10, 2015, 10:55:23 PM »
@ Haiz

If I can dare to make movie suggestions - watch Kiki's Delivery Service and Whisper of the Heart, if you haven't yet, by Studio Ghibli.

At the very least they are nice movies, at best they might be what you need for what you are currently going through.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Ann Marie

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • hiss hiss meow
« Reply #4291 on: April 10, 2015, 11:46:43 PM »
*dispenses hot chocolate and cake to everyone*

Haiz, I think you're pretty dang cool.  Just as cool as everyone else here, which is saying something cause this is a great group.

I've gone through that whole awkward anxious self-deprecating procrastinating afraid to do anything negative self-talk and actions, and I still do.  My daughter in high school is doing it too - it's not unusual at all.  I think it must be very rare not to have those kinds of fears. We all understand what it's like, if not what to do about it.  Anyway, growing up is a gradual process.  Don't expect it all to happen at once and don't feel like you're failing because it doesn't.  In the meantime, I'm glad you're here.  I enjoy your posts and I love your art.
native:  :usa:
learning:  :finland: :germany:
dabbling, exactly like a duck:  :sweden:

taking the long road to comic comprehension

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #4292 on: April 11, 2015, 02:27:55 AM »
'sometimes' to me seems to be every other week and it will probably get a little annoying in the long run, i'm gonna try to keep my self deprecation to a minimum.......

thank you

Heh. We probably haven't been on the chat at the same time. If these people can stand my constant complaining, then we can surely accept yours. Just cheer up, hug something, have some digital (and even better if actual) hot chocolate.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Lars_B

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Resident Domovai
« Reply #4293 on: April 11, 2015, 02:38:30 AM »
Nimsis, making me smile and giving me strength and making me care! that is what you do in chat!
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Stumbling trough: :sweden:
:chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #4294 on: April 11, 2015, 03:07:44 AM »
Nimsis, making me smile and giving me strength and making me care! that is what you do in chat!

^^ See, this guy is living proof!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4295 on: April 11, 2015, 05:01:43 AM »
oh man it's a little bit embarassing to wake up to my day after putting out sob stories and worries all over a public forum, but if I manage to be ashamed about it now then I take it as a sign I'm feeling better about myself today. ahah

blanket thanks to everyone again
i can't believe there are people who think i'm cool
thank you
*grabs cocoa*

Nimphy: .......what is this chat everyone is speaking about? I don't think I've ever been on the chat. (is it the comments? i don't think i'll ever join the comment section, it terrifies me to no end)

Origami-Owl: awesome!!!!! meeting internet friends is the ACTUAL BEST.
I have actually a long history of meeting up with internet friends because i'm a social dead end who does most of hir socializing online, ha...... i'm just thankful I have this many norwegian friends, though. I actually managed to meet up with my friend from northern ireland, by steering our vacation plans into the direction of where they live (a diabolical plan that involved pointing out that this area and this town are the area and town from mom's ringtone song, LET'S GO THERE FOR THE SONG REFERENCE), and it actually worked?

even if
"so where are you going to meet up with this stranger from the internet?"
"the graveyard"

........... technically st. patrick's grave but still. my parents are almost scarily chill with me traveling on my own to meet up with internet people. THEN AGAIN mom did a lot of hitch-hiking around europe in her youth, so.....

If I can dare to make movie suggestions - watch Kiki's Delivery Service and Whisper of the Heart, if you haven't yet, by Studio Ghibli.
Mister Vafhudr sir
I think you are doubting my devotion to Studio Ghibli

(I ADMIT it is not complete, and most glaringly missing is Totoro but I've seen it. I would exchange it for grave of the fireflies any day)
((FUN FACT the princess mononoke dvd sucks. it has audio in japanese and norwegian, and subtitles in swedish and finnish. except the norwegian audio is a second later than the visual, so i have to watch it with swedish subtitles. but hey at least i get better at reading swedish))
(((first time i saw princess mononoke i was eight year old and it was in czech and it ruined my brain forever in the best way)))

FOR MORE GHIBLI DEVOTION, see also

my adventure purse

and the time i was actually princess mononoke
i mean there was a mascerade at school and i was just too lazy to remove the makeup before I went into the city with my friends,,
one of these guys who work for charities and try to convince people on the street to donate money kinda hijacked me,
and uh i recognized him as a guy with whom i've already had several incredibly awkward conversations trying to explain i'm under 18 (I'm not)
so I kinda blurted out
"I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY, I AM A WOLF PRINCES, LEAVE ME ALONE"

...........and this is one of the reasons i will never adapt to society.
at least my friends got a good laugh from it

edit: speaking of friends and movies, i'll be seeing Home (FINALLY. why did it take this long for it to get to norway) with a Real Life friend today!!! i'm so proud of remembering how to social interaction, i'm so used to go to the cinema alone i keep forgetting to ask people if they wanna come with
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 05:03:29 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Lars_B

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Resident Domovai
« Reply #4296 on: April 11, 2015, 05:21:03 AM »
Haiz

The chat is here http://webchat.quakenet.org/ Just chose a Nick  and in Channels type #ssss and join

Welcome!
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Stumbling trough: :sweden:
:chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #4297 on: April 11, 2015, 08:56:25 AM »
oh man it's a little bit embarassing to wake up to my day after putting out sob stories and worries all over a public forum, but if I manage to be ashamed about it now then I take it as a sign I'm feeling better about myself today. ahah

blanket thanks to everyone again
i can't believe there are people who think i'm cool
thank you
*grabs cocoa*

Nimphy: .......what is this chat everyone is speaking about? I don't think I've ever been on the chat. (is it the comments? i don't think i'll ever join the comment section, it terrifies me to no end)

Origami-Owl: awesome!!!!! meeting internet friends is the ACTUAL BEST.
I have actually a long history of meeting up with internet friends because i'm a social dead end who does most of hir socializing online, ha...... i'm just thankful I have this many norwegian friends, though. I actually managed to meet up with my friend from northern ireland, by steering our vacation plans into the direction of where they live (a diabolical plan that involved pointing out that this area and this town are the area and town from mom's ringtone song, LET'S GO THERE FOR THE SONG REFERENCE), and it actually worked?

even if
"so where are you going to meet up with this stranger from the internet?"
"the graveyard"

........... technically st. patrick's grave but still. my parents are almost scarily chill with me traveling on my own to meet up with internet people. THEN AGAIN mom did a lot of hitch-hiking around europe in her youth, so.....

Mister Vafhudr sir
I think you are doubting my devotion to Studio Ghibli

(I ADMIT it is not complete, and most glaringly missing is Totoro but I've seen it. I would exchange it for grave of the fireflies any day)
((FUN FACT the princess mononoke dvd sucks. it has audio in japanese and norwegian, and subtitles in swedish and finnish. except the norwegian audio is a second later than the visual, so i have to watch it with swedish subtitles. but hey at least i get better at reading swedish))
(((first time i saw princess mononoke i was eight year old and it was in czech and it ruined my brain forever in the best way)))

FOR MORE GHIBLI DEVOTION, see also

my adventure purse

and the time i was actually princess mononoke
i mean there was a mascerade at school and i was just too lazy to remove the makeup before I went into the city with my friends,,
one of these guys who work for charities and try to convince people on the street to donate money kinda hijacked me,
and uh i recognized him as a guy with whom i've already had several incredibly awkward conversations trying to explain i'm under 18 (I'm not)
so I kinda blurted out
"I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY, I AM A WOLF PRINCES, LEAVE ME ALONE"

...........and this is one of the reasons i will never adapt to society.
at least my friends got a good laugh from it

edit: speaking of friends and movies, i'll be seeing Home (FINALLY. why did it take this long for it to get to norway) with a Real Life friend today!!! i'm so proud of remembering how to social interaction, i'm so used to go to the cinema alone i keep forgetting to ask people if they wanna come with

I stand pleasantly corrected and enlightened.

(Plus I get a look at foreign title translation - Kiki's budservice. Kek)

Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #4298 on: April 11, 2015, 10:38:11 AM »
Aw, Haizzz, I wish I had seen this sooner!
I don't have anything new to offer, but I often feel the same way.  The other day I almost went to my academic advisor to drop out of engineering.  But I talked with some people who are older, and smarter than me (just, such a good thing, so much the time), and they set me straight again.  So don't you ever feel bad about coming here and dumping some worries off, cause there are a lot of people here with good advice and comfort to give!  *hugs*
Feel free to PM.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #4299 on: April 11, 2015, 12:54:17 PM »
I stand pleasantly corrected and enlightened.

(Plus I get a look at foreign title translation - Kiki's budservice. Kek)
pfff yes
my glorious mismatch collection of norwegian/english titles
depending on price and availability

Kiki and Whisper are really really good movies, though. I'd never thought I'd be watching a non-fantasy movie like Whisper of the Heart as many times as I have, ALAS the violin playing scene just makes me so incredibly happy every time I can't not watch it
(I tried to join in for Country Road a band was playing with my meagre violin skills once, but it was a little hard to keep up, haha....... but I have Lived a movie reference so I'm good)

Aw, Haizzz, I wish I had seen this sooner!
I don't have anything new to offer, but I often feel the same way.  The other day I almost went to my academic advisor to drop out of engineering.  But I talked with some people who are older, and smarter than me (just, such a good thing, so much the time), and they set me straight again.  So don't you ever feel bad about coming here and dumping some worries off, cause there are a lot of people here with good advice and comfort to give!  *hugs*
*hugs back* thank you
I'm actually very okay now?? I was honestly overwhelmed by the amount of people who seemed to care about my wellbeing so now I'm a little embarassed about the drama I caused, eheh..... but very thankful, gosh

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4300 on: April 11, 2015, 01:15:20 PM »
Guys guyss I just met Noelle Stevenson (author of Nimona)! I bought a comic from her and she said she liked my shirt :D I didn't know she would be at MoCCA Fest and that just made my day :)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #4301 on: April 11, 2015, 01:23:51 PM »
Guys guyss I just met Noelle Stevenson (author of Nimona)! I bought a comic from her and she said she liked my shirt :D I didn't know she would be at MoCCA Fest and that just made my day :)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #4302 on: April 11, 2015, 01:38:54 PM »

Aaaaaah

Next year.... *is very hopeful*

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4303 on: April 11, 2015, 02:36:48 PM »
woo, cons! I am actually currently at a con in full cosplay because I'm trash.

freddiethefantastic and I demonstrating our inability to make attractive faces.
YEET

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #4304 on: April 11, 2015, 06:21:24 PM »
Wuuuuuut?  Tell her you know the Eichs, from old South Carolina!  ;D
Feel free to PM.