Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409257 times)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2550 on: December 22, 2014, 04:15:19 AM »
Noooo. I don't know anyone - personally - that has one, and if we had money lying around for expensive electronics we'd replace our eight-year-old, ad-ware-infected desktop computer. Besides, paper is fun. You can't make paper airplanes with a tablet, can you?

You also can't make a ball of tablets and throw it away in a rage (unless you're Hulk or the Juggernaut)
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2551 on: December 22, 2014, 05:53:21 AM »
Hey, if I wanted to try interesting a friend in SSSS, which few pages/images should I send them to get them irrevocably hooked?? Any suggestions? :3 :3

You also can't make a ball of tablets and throw it away in a rage (unless you're Hulk or the Juggernaut)
Hehehehehehe....
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Pessi

• Scout
  • metsäläinen
« Reply #2552 on: December 22, 2014, 06:40:13 AM »
Depends on friends. Are they more into horror, magic or people acting funny?
Tiitiäinen metsäläinen
pieni menninkäinen

()
Trying to learn

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #2553 on: December 22, 2014, 06:53:04 AM »
Hey, if I wanted to try interesting a friend in SSSS, which few pages/images should I send them to get them irrevocably hooked?? Any suggestions? :3 :3
Hehehehehehe....
Show the maps.

FrogEater

• Ranger
  • Pessimists experience only good surprises
« Reply #2554 on: December 22, 2014, 07:07:20 AM »
+1
:france: fluent, :uk: decent, :germany: war gut, :italy: tourist knowledge

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #2555 on: December 22, 2014, 07:21:42 AM »
in the summer we hire about 10-18 young back-packers from Europe mostly, and HOLY MOLY HOW do they all have such consistent attractiveness???!! Is this a northern hemisphere thing??
Yeah, well, the troll breeding material doesn't get to travel, you see. We have a 90-years development plan to meet. 8)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

JoB

« Reply #2556 on: December 22, 2014, 07:24:38 AM »
Depends on friends. Are they more into horror, magic or people acting funny?
For all we know, they might just as well pull an Emil when shown the official recruitment poster ... 8)
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #2557 on: December 22, 2014, 07:45:42 AM »

Any of the wide landscape splash pages, or the not-so-spoilery info pages. (I have a friend who really loves cats, so I'm just waiting for the time to when I can bring up Grade-C cats and Blessed Felines into conversation...)

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #2558 on: December 22, 2014, 08:08:47 AM »
Hehehehehehe....

Hmmm... Lalli waking up in Dream World, Lalli casting the spell, the giant entering the train, info page (either Language Kitties, Blessed Felines, Tree or Nationalities), Viking Hall scene and the following page, last page before the last chappie break.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2559 on: December 22, 2014, 09:06:28 AM »
Oh! I have a sorta-similarish question as Owl - So, there's a thing that my sisters and I do where we print out weird/funny pictures and stick them on the bathroom mirror, and I was thinking I should put a panel/couple panels from SSSS up there, any ideas? (I was thinking maybe something with Emil...)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

JoB

« Reply #2560 on: December 22, 2014, 10:07:11 AM »
Oh! I have a sorta-similarish question as Owl - So, there's a thing that my sisters and I do where we print out weird/funny pictures and stick them on the bathroom mirror, and I was thinking I should put a panel/couple panels from SSSS up there, any ideas? (I was thinking maybe something with Emil...)
A bathroom mirror? A boatload of sparkly Emils, of course! (Whether it's Emil all around gleaming "2 beaut 4 u" or one magnified face-cut-out halo of sparkliness smack in the middle is up to y'all.)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #2561 on: December 22, 2014, 10:52:02 AM »
A bathroom mirror? A boatload of sparkly Emils, of course! (Whether it's Emil all around gleaming "2 beaut 4 u" or one magnified face-cut-out halo of sparkliness smack in the middle is up to y'all.)

absolutely supported. Another option would be Lalli looking afraid into the mirror :D
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #2562 on: December 22, 2014, 12:01:38 PM »
Ugh, I got into a "fight" with my spider today. My hand is now itching a lot and is doomed to keep itching for several days at least. But hey, her cage's clean now.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

UFOO9000

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • I'm Fluffy
  • Preferred pronouns: Don't care, have fun!
« Reply #2563 on: December 22, 2014, 12:08:12 PM »
Heh, I used to be confused about that too. No, they're super duper expensive. I got mine online, but it was like packaged (in some kind of "deal") with Photoshop Elements, and it was maybe... $200? And I have the smallest kind, too.
my latest tablet (from wacom) cost 50$ on special on amazon. There are many other companier that have some for the same qualoty for that price :)
I <3 Cats, Chats, katter, neko, gato.
:canada: :france: :uk: :denmark: :spain: :japan:

I have this thing where I vanish for weeks and sometimes months. PM me and I'll be back for you~

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2564 on: December 22, 2014, 12:20:42 PM »
my latest tablet (from wacom) cost 50$ on special on amazon. There are many other companier that have some for the same qualoty for that price :)
Wow nice! I've never seen one that cheap.
I'm not sure if mine cost $200 or $100 when I think about it (my mom bought it, not me), but $99 is the general retail value of the version that I have (this one). Also as I mentioned, it came with Photoshop Elements, which is also pricy (like maybe $60?), so it was actually a good deal, considering.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: