Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387186 times)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2535 on: December 21, 2014, 11:20:12 AM »
Transfer to a place~

Yes! Got that right! *giggles*
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #2536 on: December 21, 2014, 11:38:11 AM »
@ Owl: it looks so nice up there but I guess it is a vast amount of work do make it look that fine?
@ noako: I hope you will get the moving done smoothly. I've never been fond of moving, but moving at Christmas is a tough one for sure!

@ Nimphy: You should feel honoured indeed

I've met up with my biological mother today and during the last year this day was the first I actually felt something connecting us. I'm exhausted but happy as well!
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

UFOO9000

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • I'm Fluffy
  • Preferred pronouns: Don't care, have fun!
« Reply #2537 on: December 21, 2014, 11:58:25 AM »
Off to draw Emil and later go get some free food at my parents place 8D
Gonna lurk here to see wth happens during the day....
I <3 Cats, Chats, katter, neko, gato.
:canada: :france: :uk: :denmark: :spain: :japan:

I have this thing where I vanish for weeks and sometimes months. PM me and I'll be back for you~

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #2538 on: December 21, 2014, 12:18:13 PM »
Woah, lots happened here while I was asleep!
Noako, hope your moving isn't too stressful.  And once it's done, it's done, and you can relax a bit, I hope.

Owl, your home looks like the farm place in "The Princess Bride!!!"  Ahhhh, that's so awesome!

Kex, yay!  That must have been gratifying.  :)
Feel free to PM.

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #2539 on: December 21, 2014, 03:04:02 PM »
oh my god i'm so tired

(((( HUGS ))))

I hope the move goes well and things will be better once you're in your new place.
My one-and-only: :uk:

UFOO9000

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • I'm Fluffy
« Reply #2540 on: December 21, 2014, 03:26:52 PM »
My sister and I are stupid.... we both brought our computers and graphic tablets to our parents house to draw and both forgot the pens. We are doomed. So I'm on my phone and gave her my drawing pad and pencils... at least we brought the cats for entertainement xD
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 09:26:38 PM by UFOO9000 »

I have this thing where I vanish for weeks and sometimes months. PM me and I'll be back for you~

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2541 on: December 21, 2014, 04:51:28 PM »
oh my god i'm so tired

i'm moving on the 27th, to a smaller apartment

i have work everyday until 23rd, but then i'm going to my parents and returning on 26th

i'm almost done packing but everything is a mess and ughhh

there's a saying in finland saying basically "thank god christmas is only once a year" and i'm feeling it so hard now

that's what's going around my life now
Ah man that must be tough! But it will be totally worth it when you're finished! :3

That is the best saying ever, thank you Finland X'D

Well, okay. Fine. Nobody tell her that. We've told her it's to cold for them - and it probably is where we live.
I didn't....think...leeches were that affected by the cold...we have them here all year round but we only get ice in winter...no snow
Yeah that sounds good! Maybe the soil is also slightly too salty ;) ;) ;) ;)

Owl, your home looks like the farm place in "The Princess Bride!!!"  Ahhhh, that's so awesome!
Ahah! Now I'll answer people with "as you wish" heheheh
Unless I'm the princess in which case WHERE IS WESTLEY THERE IS WORK TO BE DOne! XP
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 06:00:17 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #2542 on: December 21, 2014, 10:53:43 PM »
My sister and I are stupid.... we both brought our computers and graphic tablets to our parents house to draw and both forgot the pens. We are doomed. So I'm on my phone and gave her my drawing pad and pencils... at least we brought the cats for entertainement xD
Ha, before your correction, I thought you and your sister were drag racing or something.
I brought my tablet and pen, and just got some replacement nibs that I've been needing for a while!  :)

Ah man that must be tough! But it will be totally worth it when you're finished! :3

That is the best saying ever, thank you Finland X'D
I didn't....think...leeches were that affected by the cold...we have them here all year round but we only get ice in winter...no snow
Yeah that sounds good! Maybe the soil is also slightly too salty ;) ;) ;) ;)
Unless I'm the princess in which case WHERE IS WESTLEY THERE IS WORK TO BE DOne! XP
I actually knew a girl in high school who looked like Buttercup.  She was super pretty but, from what I gathered in the times we hung out, she was kind of a...  well...  she had no respect for anyone.  I'll put it that way. 
Feel free to PM.

UFOO9000

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • I'm Fluffy
« Reply #2543 on: December 21, 2014, 10:58:49 PM »
Nice! did you draw anything ? I should get myself new nibs.... or find my spare ones, in about 6-7 years I do not think I have ever changed them, or if I did it was because I changed tablet all together XP

I always seem to talk about cars when I do not have that much interested in them (they are pretty mechanical things but that's about it)... I once saw a cat on a car and the first time I wrote it to someone it was more like : a car on a car (how did that happen? maybe a flying car from the future?)

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2544 on: December 22, 2014, 12:08:38 AM »
Ha, before your correction, I thought you and your sister were drag racing or something.
That's what I thought too X'P

I brought my tablet and pen, and just got some replacement nibs that I've been needing for a while!  :) 
Nice! did you draw anything ? I should get myself new nibs.... or find my spare ones, in about 6-7 years I do not think I have ever changed them, or if I did it was because I changed tablet all together XP
Where do you get draw-y tablets with pens??? I always see depictions of "ordinary" people drawing on Tumblr with tablets and pens and I'm like "DOES EVERYONE JUST HAVE THESE LYING AROUND LIKE PAPER THESES DAYS?? [/confusion]"

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2545 on: December 22, 2014, 12:29:21 AM »
Unless I'm the princess in which case WHERE IS WESTLEY THERE IS WORK TO BE DONE! XP

Your parents need to upgrade their farm-boy hiring policies, Buttercup.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2546 on: December 22, 2014, 12:31:19 AM »
Where do you get draw-y tablets with pens??? I always see depictions of "ordinary" people drawing on Tumblr with tablets and pens and I'm like "DOES EVERYONE JUST HAVE THESE LYING AROUND LIKE PAPER THESES DAYS?? [/confusion]"
Heh, I used to be confused about that too. No, they're super duper expensive. I got mine online, but it was like packaged (in some kind of "deal") with Photoshop Elements, and it was maybe... $200? And I have the smallest kind, too.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2547 on: December 22, 2014, 12:45:00 AM »
Your parents need to upgrade their farm-boy hiring policies, Buttercup.
Hehe, they're usually pretty good ;P in the summer we hire about 10-18 young back-packers from Europe mostly, and HOLY MOLY HOW do they all have such consistent attractiveness???!! Is this a northern hemisphere thing?? X'D But y'know, there's...languages and...interaction and communication. So if they're near I don't tend to go outside -_____-
If I do have to meet them (to translate mostly, or I've been forced to say hi) it's just really awkward because when I'm not comfortable or happy...it's very obvious on my face apparently. The family call it the murder face O_____O
Like, I'm really interested because they're from cool places like Germany and France and I wanna know what life is like over there and stuff but I JUST CANT X'0
But now I can just find that stuff out on the forum, instead of jumping out from behind a tree like "HeY Philippe!!" :P
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 01:36:00 AM by OrigamiOwl »

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #2548 on: December 22, 2014, 01:15:24 AM »
That's what I thought too X'P

Noooo. I don't know anyone - personally - that has one, and if we had money lying around for expensive electronics we'd replace our eight-year-old, ad-ware-infected desktop computer. Besides, paper is fun. You can't make paper airplanes with a tablet, can you?

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #2549 on: December 22, 2014, 04:01:33 AM »
Besides, paper is fun. You can't make paper airplanes with a tablet, can you?

Perfect resons for having tablets in school :D. Thugh puzzling out how a child build a paper airplane and improving it, is all the fun!
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information