Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387188 times)

loki

• Scout
  • santas goin NUTS
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #15060 on: April 13, 2016, 09:13:26 AM »
HOMESTUCK HAS ENDED I AND I DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD PUT THIS IN THE COMFORT CORNER OR LITTLE MOMENTS OF HAPPINESS THREAD SO HERE  IT IS
(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #15061 on: April 13, 2016, 09:47:27 AM »
HOMESTUCK HAS ENDED I AND I DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD PUT THIS IN THE COMFORT CORNER OR LITTLE MOMENTS OF HAPPINESS THREAD SO HERE  IT IS

Maybe I can finally catch up  ;)
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #15062 on: April 13, 2016, 09:48:18 AM »

:Va Huh. Maybe now that it's complete, I'll give some thought to reading it....
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

loki

• Scout
  • santas goin NUTS
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #15063 on: April 13, 2016, 10:02:12 AM »
@Iceea and @Yuuago: consider....DO IT
(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #15064 on: April 13, 2016, 03:28:14 PM »
When you're cleaning your room and you find a hairball under your bed that makes you question why it is that you still have any hair left on your head
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #15065 on: April 13, 2016, 04:01:59 PM »
When you're cleaning your room and you find a hairball under your bed that makes you question why it is that you still have any hair left on your head

*looks at comb* I know what you mean. :P
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #15066 on: April 13, 2016, 04:14:40 PM »

*looks at comb* I know what you mean. :P

Ohhhh yeah. I've destroyed hairbrushes because they got too clogged with hair and I couldn't get it out. And trying to vacuum my bedroom is an...interesting experience.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #15067 on: April 13, 2016, 04:16:59 PM »
Ohhhh yeah. I've destroyed hairbrushes because they got too clogged with hair and I couldn't get it out. And trying to vacuum my bedroom is an...interesting experience.

Upsides of short hair: there's less to clean up :P
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #15068 on: April 13, 2016, 04:23:53 PM »
THIS WAS ALSO SOME KIND OF DAY.

- the finnish archaeologist is so cool and it's sad that was our last day with him as our guide. he is like this endless well of knowledge, but also open for new impulses? like the fact that pantheon's frieze might in fact NOT BE the panathenaian festival procession, but some myth that fits better and makes more sense... but textbooks are decided that it's definitely the festival procession so yeah

- ohhh and we went to the acropolis! i don't have a lot to say about it, except it felt kind of unbelievable to be there

- we saw a demonstration in the street. we joined it. for a little while. we asked, it was about opening the borders

- ate at a super cool vegetarian restaurant,  we sat on cushions on the floor and i ordered 'life's rainbow'

- on our way back we spotted another group of  norwegians... the philosophy students started singing our national anthem at full lungs to get their attention. it worked

i posted some posts and photos in this tag for those who wanna see
you'll know where to find me.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #15069 on: April 13, 2016, 09:54:57 PM »
The saga of that time Kick totally messed up on that time with the oil paints continues

So! It's kinda faded but still there after vegetable and coconut oil, but it doesn't seem to be smearing what Im painting so I'll just let it be.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #15070 on: April 14, 2016, 01:44:39 AM »
THIS WAS ALSO SOME KIND OF DAY.

- the finnish archaeologist is so cool and it's sad that was our last day with him as our guide. he is like this endless well of knowledge, but also open for new impulses? like the fact that pantheon's frieze might in fact NOT BE the panathenaian festival procession, but some myth that fits better and makes more sense... but textbooks are decided that it's definitely the festival procession so yeah

- ohhh and we went to the acropolis! i don't have a lot to say about it, except it felt kind of unbelievable to be there

- we saw a demonstration in the street. we joined it. for a little while. we asked, it was about opening the borders

- ate at a super cool vegetarian restaurant,  we sat on cushions on the floor and i ordered 'life's rainbow'

- on our way back we spotted another group of  norwegians... the philosophy students started singing our national anthem at full lungs to get their attention. it worked

i posted some posts and photos in this tag for those who wanna see

This looks like a fantastic holiday you had here. You're so lucky to have gone to the acropolis and all of those other awesome sights in Greece (with a Percy Jackson sighting and all). That's such an amazing part of the world, the way the old world is slammed right up against the more modern world. I can't wait to go there myself one day.

When I was in Rome with my family, we also walked into a protest. This one was actually a strike for better wages, and because the majority of the strikers were men wearing the aprons of their trade (angry bakers?), my little mom in her sundress looked both bad-ass shouting in the middle of them and completely out of place.

The national anthem strategy- I'll have to remember that one if I ever need, say, a fellow American or Brit to help me read a street sign the next time I'm abroad
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #15071 on: April 14, 2016, 08:30:16 AM »
Why did I check the programme of this year's Sziget Festival if I don't intend to go there (= spend a fortune on tickets)?
Sigur Rós and Värttinä are performing on the same day... Hmmm...
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #15072 on: April 14, 2016, 08:33:28 AM »
Why did I check the programme of this year's Sziget Festival if I don't intend to go there (= spend a fortune on tickets)?
Don't look at me like that, I didn't spent a fortune on tickets in order to live an other Sigur Rós concert... Well, maybe just a little...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #15073 on: April 14, 2016, 09:42:40 AM »

Isn't that always how it goes. : D You don't actually plan to go to a thing and then... oh no... and wish you hadn't investigated it in the first place, maybe. >3>
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #15074 on: April 14, 2016, 09:50:32 AM »
The saga of that time Kick totally messed up on that time with the oil paints continues

So! It's kinda faded but still there after vegetable and coconut oil, but it doesn't seem to be smearing what Im painting so I'll just let it be.
Glad it works after a fashion, hope the remaining paint won't make too much trouble for you! Will you share some of what you paint here, I'm curious to see your process!