Author Topic: Chapter Break Filler - Planning and Organization  (Read 39810 times)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
Re: Chapter Break Filler - Planning and Organization
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2021, 05:46:17 AM »
Heey all!

I think we are approaching a break. I asked Minna about it, I think two weeks ago in a stream and she said “at least about a month” then. So that would mean about two weeks from now. Or maybe this week and then two, based on her four weeks of three per week updates, of which we are on week 2 now.  Assume and hope she will be taking an actual break now!

So, do we want to do a filler again? I’m really busy, but I also love doing them!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2021, 05:56:09 AM »
I’m up for it. Like you, I’m madly busy (with the best will in the world one can only fit about thirty hours into a twenty four hour day), but these events are so much fun and bring out so much brilliant work from the fandom! Do we have a theme for this break? As usual, I can’t offer art, not having the talent, but am happy to do the non-art part of a collaboration. Or a story, article, recipes  or a poem, whatever you need. Let me know.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #197 on: February 23, 2021, 06:12:44 AM »
I am also madly busy (just started my last year of high school and they sure do be hitting us with the workload and assessments!!) but I agree, these events are really fun and I'm sure if we delegate the work a bit it'll be manageable for all of us. I do also just enjoy writing poems for them, if I'm being completely honest. If it looks like it's gonna be a chapter break soon, we should definitely get to planning!

I'm afraid I'm not really in a place to think about themes right now, all my brainpower is currently concentrated towards studying the Russian Revolution for the assessment I have on Thursday, but if anyone else has a good idea for a theme I'd love to hear!

(also - this is my 500th post, ~woo~)
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #198 on: February 23, 2021, 08:10:27 AM »
Ha! My cunning plan worked! I knew this would drag Keep out of her keep and into commenting herself unto rangerhood!

Let’s wait a bit to see if anyone comes up with a theme suggestion!

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2021, 09:37:55 AM »
Ha! My cunning plan worked! I knew this would drag Keep out of her keep and into commenting herself unto rangerhood!

Aha! A very sly plot indeed.
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2021, 10:23:52 AM »

Let’s wait a bit to see if anyone comes up with a theme suggestion!
Well done, Jitter!

Now, about the theme... First that comes to mind are the bears. This little family has been predominant in the chapter and in the comments. But I don't know if it's too narrow as a theme. I can also connect the bears with beasts in a broader sense, and their home, those beautiful Finnish forests.

Of course we can take a darker path and choose the Kade: No lack of dramatic inspiration in that option.

Well, I'm hoping this kick-started the theme discussion! :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #201 on: February 23, 2021, 11:39:25 AM »
What about the other bear beasts? Slain or not, people must have encountered them for them to be named. The theme would be for the creator to pick one and do something about it. How was it discovered? Failed attempts at slaying it if it's still alive. Its slaying if it's dead. If that list of subjects is just bearely to narrow, we can throw in the main three and the kade.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 11:46:24 AM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2021, 11:47:31 AM »
Wheee! :)) It´s not like I have any free time either, but if I get struck by inspiration, we´ll see. So count me in (maybe)!

Well done, Jitter!

Now, about the theme... First that comes to mind are the bears. This little family has been predominant in the chapter and in the comments. But I don't know if it's too narrow as a theme. I can also connect the bears with beasts in a broader sense, and their home, those beautiful Finnish forests.

Of course we can take a darker path and choose the Kade: No lack of dramatic inspiration in that option.

Well, I'm hoping this kick-started the theme discussion! :)

I was thinking about the bears as a topic too. An idea I had was "How to catch a bear" where I thought of these prompts:

- suggestion
- most-best idea
- cliff-jumping
- bait
- run away!
- plan B
- trap

I know it´s not much, so maybe a different topic? ^^" I dunno, if someone has more ideas for this maybe something along the lines of it might work...

Grade E cat just posted while I was typing. I like this idea! Maybe it could be integrated here somewhere? Or not, what do you think?
(apart of that, it were pages A2 351 and 352)
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Annuil

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #203 on: February 23, 2021, 01:05:58 PM »
Wah, no one has time in spring, it's the end of the school year!  :'D
I am seconding Mirasol , if I get the inspiration I can find time. I really liked grey's idea about beautiful Finnish forests, 'cause I feel a bit homesick and need to draw something as beautiful and close to heart as that. But we can also combine the woods with the beasts, so...
No idea for prompts, sorry, but I support Mirasol's suggestions! ;)
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Jitter

• Valkyrie
Re: Chapter Break Filler - Planning and Organizatio
« Reply #204 on: February 23, 2021, 03:58:50 PM »
How about a combination of the bear theme and the forest theme? Maybe every other day such as:
1 Pöppö
2 Woodland sounds
3 Nalle
4 Pine tree
Etc? I hope Minna will take a decent break this time, so I think we’ll need at least 14. There are 8 of the other bear beasts on P 351/A2 so that would nicely come up to 15 if we put a happy forest type theme between each of the beasts.

Or, if we want to stick to beasts only, we could add some more of the Finnish wildlife such as the moose beasts. We have at least the poor spidermoose, the Camp Visitor and the big guy on the cliff in Minna’s art pieces, Handsy Moose and the angry looking one on this page: http://www.sssscomic.com/comic2.php?page=88. And there’s this intriguing hint here: http://www.sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=412 Not to forget the Mead Moose, who is not a beast but clearly is a mythical creature!

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 04:13:34 PM by Jitter »

thegreyarea

• Skald
Re: Chapter Break Filler - Planning and Organizatio
« Reply #206 on: February 23, 2021, 06:54:15 PM »
How about a combination of the bear theme and the forest theme?
I like that idea. I like the balance between a very specific beast in one day and a very ample concept like Finnish Forest in the other. :)

I also like the idea of beasts only, but then I'd include them all. Remember those snake-like ones when the ship arrived at Saimaa?
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #207 on: February 24, 2021, 02:53:41 AM »
Yes I do, although I think they were some sort of mustelids to begin with. European otter maybe.

There are also the seal beasts in the Saimaa infopage, and of course the waswolves.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2021, 03:09:44 AM »
But you are right, the forest theme is a lot more open. Also it seems to me that the beast-related works are less prone to fluff, which has been popular in the previous breaks :)

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #209 on: February 24, 2021, 04:49:58 AM »
I also like Mirasol's idea of "how to catch a bear". That could work together with the bears, maybe as an option.
So we would have this list (and a few - silly - suggestions to get you started)

1. (how to catch) Nalle (traps which include toothpaste may work)
2. Finnish forest
3. (how to catch) Poppo (anything may work)
4. Finnish forest
5. (how to catch) Lalli (people forget the bear and draw lots of pics of Emil running after Lalli this day. Nobody resists those two...)
6. Finnish forest
7. (how to catch) Metsanukko (maybe using a mirror? it jumps off a cliff after seeing it's own reflection?)
8. Finnish forest
9. (how to catch) Kusiaistennuolija (what a name! Putting a grenade inside some food might work fine with this one)
10. Finnish forest
11. (how to catch) Hallavanahka (bear pit + slippery surface + someone as bait, runs and jumps over the pit... Emil, are you there?)
12. Finnish forest
13. (how to catch) Montti (no idea)
14. Finnish forest
15. (how to catch) Karvaturri (very fluffy, this one. Just roll it downhill)
16. Finnish forest
17. (how to catch) Kaunoinen (we need a bigger boat bear pit)
18. Finnish forest
19. (how to catch) Kouvo (it looks a bit like a carpet, so maybe a vacuum cleaner?)
20. Finnish forest
21. (how to catch) Kontio (we need something that looks like a pool of moisturizing cream. It will jump on it and drown)

And that's it, I don't think it will reach the end of the list, but Minna might be a bit tired after the chapter and finishing the bunny comic...

Of course this is just a suggestion and me trying to be funny. There are many ways to do this, and I'll be happy to follow whatever is chosen. :)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 05:26:33 AM by thegreyarea »