Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387257 times)

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #14415 on: March 10, 2016, 09:50:04 PM »
Weather here was just insane. Super strong winds most of the day, with smatterings of rain, but mostly the wind. There was also some kind of power surge at school, so half the projectors were dead from about noon on. :|
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #14416 on: March 11, 2016, 04:58:39 AM »
Right, so.

After a whole week of very little to do I come here today to find a towering stack of work waiting for me. No questions on what I'll be doing all day today...

Well then.

Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #14417 on: March 11, 2016, 05:10:37 AM »
today in driving adventures: slippery tracks training day??? we drove all the way to Hell to this special training track. except my teacher said he'd pick me up at seven by the gas station, and for the first time in his life he overslept and i stood outside in -8 for over an hour, waiting.... -8 isnt even that bad but i didnt exactly dress up for an hour of freeze time, and i didnt think of going inside the station, nor did i have teacher guy's number. WHAT A GREAT WAY TO START THE DAY
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #14418 on: March 11, 2016, 07:48:38 AM »
Been there. /pat
Sometimes I find that it's easier if I start drafting my reply in a different format than in the inbox. Like, if I write it in a .txt on my hard drive rather than in the email/pms/whatever box. Maybe that would help?
I'll do that. Just after a cup of tea and just before going back to my blanket. (Yes, it's a "stay under your blanket and read" day.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #14419 on: March 11, 2016, 11:21:58 AM »
If I've learned anything this week it's to never, ever, ever complain about not having anything to do. Because when you do that enough you'll suddenly be buried under a pile of work, the ceiling starts to leak (fixed now), there's no end to customers and one of them has to be the difficult kind too. I'm slowly emerging from all that now, realizing I've forgotten to eat and running at least two cups of coffee behind my usual schedule. Also... my FB wall seems to be full of storm warnings for... tomorrow. Oh yay. Thanks Iceland how did you know I was planning to spend tomorrow outdoors, well I guess I won't then.

This is altogether too much mutiny for one day.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 11:34:07 AM by Laufey »

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #14420 on: March 11, 2016, 12:01:32 PM »
Aaaaaaand...my day just went from nice and easy to "I'll be running flat out for the rest of the day"
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #14421 on: March 11, 2016, 12:50:19 PM »
today in driving adventures: slippery tracks training day??? we drove all the way to Hell to this special training track. except my teacher said he'd pick me up at seven by the gas station, and for the first time in his life he overslept and i stood outside in -8 for over an hour, waiting.... -8 isnt even that bad but i didnt exactly dress up for an hour of freeze time, and i didnt think of going inside the station, nor did i have teacher guy's number. WHAT A GREAT WAY TO START THE DAY
to elaborate:

Spoiler: a tragic tale of me having to wait • show

- “but haiz! you live right next to the gas station! you could have gone INSIDE the gas station! WHY DID YOU STAND OUTSIDE FOR THAT LONG!!!” who knows. who knows. not me. I wanted to Believe

- maybe it’s just because i’m so used to buses, like, if it doesn’t come you probably just got there too late. so even when a person is driving there to pick me up, me specifically, i still feel like i got to keep to my post. it was imperative that this whole debacle was Not My Fault in the slightest.

- i think i spent the first twenty minutes speculating i got the time or the place wrong. maybe this particular gas station was not actually at the place i live. maybe i had overslept for an entire day. maybe my name isn’t haiz. maybe nothing is real

- the next quarter after that i spent mostly imagining various crashes and accidents that could have befallen my teacher and the other student who was to be picked up somewhere. i figured i would get a call if anything had happened though

- and since i was at least 78% certain reality exists and that my perceptions can be trusted, and pretty sure i would get a call if there was an accident on the way, the only other option left for me to speculate was that i had been FORGOTTEN. like that time my family accidentally locked me inside a barn full of terrifying cows

- did i not consider, for maybe half a second, that maybe my teacher had overslept which would explain both the lateness and lack of calls? no. it was Self Deprecation Spiral Time. surely i was either too annoying or forgettable and it was all a cruel prank. like that time two of my closest friends pretended to be eaten by werewolves and did not contact me for an entire week

- i may or may not have sounded a little upset when the teacher finally did call me at 07:48.

i got free lunch vouchers at the tyholt tower as an apology.

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #14422 on: March 11, 2016, 01:46:08 PM »
like that time my family accidentally locked me inside a barn full of terrifying cows

like that time two of my closest friends pretended to be eaten by werewolves and did not contact me for an entire week
Wait wait what?

i got free lunch vouchers at the tyholt tower as an apology.
Is reminded of the PacRim AU I was supposed to write aaages ago :-[
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #14423 on: March 11, 2016, 02:08:16 PM »
Wait wait what?
The barn incident is from when i was six or seven, visiting my aunt's farm, following adults around who forgot about me and locked me inside the cow barn for a maybe three minutes. the mooing was very loud and echo-y.

The werewolf incident happened when one of my internet friends visited my other internet friend, while i was traveling to... budapest or something? not sure. at the time (2009?) we mostly communicated through texting and MSN, and they sent me a message saying "if you don't hear from us after tonight, we've been eaten by werewolves. it was nice knowing you." They then proceeded to contact no one for an entire week. i got pretty upset by the exclusion.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #14424 on: March 11, 2016, 02:14:45 PM »
If I've learned anything this week it's to never, ever, ever complain about not having anything to do. Because when you do that enough you'll suddenly be buried under a pile of work, the ceiling starts to leak (fixed now), there's no end to customers and one of them has to be the difficult kind too. I'm slowly emerging from all that now, realizing I've forgotten to eat and running at least two cups of coffee behind my usual schedule. Also... my FB wall seems to be full of storm warnings for... tomorrow. Oh yay. Thanks Iceland how did you know I was planning to spend tomorrow outdoors, well I guess I won't then.

This is altogether too much mutiny for one day.

What did I say about jinxing stuff. Never jinx the stuff!

maybe my name isn’t haiz.

But you just said you were the one and only authentic Haiz

Apparently the forum is ... out of news?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 02:31:30 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #14425 on: March 11, 2016, 02:31:54 PM »
But you just said you were the one and only authentic Haiz
well, yes, but at the time i was also questioning the current time and date even though it was clearly displayed on my phone.......... i was questioning reality itself

(which is a sadly common occurence every time someone shows up a little late.)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 02:39:39 PM by Haiz »

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #14426 on: March 11, 2016, 02:34:26 PM »
What did I say about jinxing stuff. Never jinx the stuff!

I knooooooow! But even with someone warning me I still gotta go and jinx stuff just for defiance's sake (and then it all comes crashing down on me, like it would)(and then I whine)(I swear I didn't jinx the weather though!).

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #14427 on: March 11, 2016, 02:50:45 PM »
Apparently the forum is ... out of news?
Heeey I couldn't let it sit empty and sad there! Do stuff and there will be news! :D

Also I'm more and more convinced that Haiz is actually some cartoon character who got into our world via some kind of magic and continues doing cartoon stuff here.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 02:52:23 PM by Eriaror »
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #14428 on: March 11, 2016, 02:54:37 PM »
well, yes, but at the time i was also questioning the current time and date even though it was clearly displayed on my phone.......... i was questioning reality itself

Reality? Reality is overrated.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #14429 on: March 11, 2016, 02:55:21 PM »
Also I'm more and more convinced that Haiz is actually some cartoon character who got into our world via some kind of magic and continues doing cartoon stuff here.
shhhhhhhhh it's a secret and i'm definitely not less active on the forum because i'm busy trying to build a portal to take me back

Reality? Reality is overrated.
*awkward laughter*