Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387359 times)

SectoBoss

• Ranger
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #14280 on: March 03, 2016, 04:15:21 AM »
Tsss. I love read you. And I know I'm not the only one ! ;)
Aw, thank you!

Come on over to the Poetry thread, we could use you. (Pleeease? Right now it's just Corncobman and occasionally me.)
I'd love to but when I say I can't write poetry I mean it - I simply don't know how to write that kind of thing. As it is I just sort of ramble into a word document for a while, don't proof read it properly and then shove it out there for people to see before I get cold feet ::)
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Nietos

« Reply #14281 on: March 03, 2016, 07:12:20 AM »
I woke up today at 8 AM (which by itself was weird since my sleeping schedule is all kinds of wonky) with a huge urge to draw. So I did. Annnnnnd now I have a plan to build myself a tracing desk.

I used to draw a lot, but around 7 years ago I just... stopped? I haven't felt this kind of a desire for drawing in years, but I guess I'll start with trying to find some nice reference pics and learning anatomy. I can draw faces I'm fine with, but bodies... ahaha. Ha. Haha. Nope.

// Edit: Turns out Copic Markers don't dry out even if you don't use them for several years. On the other hand, most of my ink is useless, I've lost my nibs and inking pens and I can't find a single decent eraser. I foresee an art shop trip in the near future.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 07:21:11 AM by Nietos »

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #14282 on: March 03, 2016, 07:34:34 AM »
I woke up today at 8 AM (which by itself was weird since my sleeping schedule is all kinds of wonky) with a huge urge to draw. So I did. Annnnnnd now I have a plan to build myself a tracing desk.

I used to draw a lot, but around 7 years ago I just... stopped? I haven't felt this kind of a desire for drawing in years, but I guess I'll start with trying to find some nice reference pics and learning anatomy. I can draw faces I'm fine with, but bodies... ahaha. Ha. Haha. Nope.

// Edit: Turns out Copic Markers don't dry out even if you don't use them for several years. On the other hand, most of my ink is useless, I've lost my nibs and inking pens and I can't find a single decent eraser. I foresee an art shop trip in the near future.

*chinhands*
Excellent. Join usssss~
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Nietos

« Reply #14283 on: March 03, 2016, 07:52:56 AM »
*chinhands*
Excellent. Join usssss~
*shifts* Um. Well. *shifts again* I was planning to do just that D: Well, once I get the hang of this and can draw more than like three faces so I can start doing somewhat recognizable fanart. My scanner sucks, though, so I'll have to look into where I could scan any pictures that aren't black and white.

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #14284 on: March 03, 2016, 07:58:20 AM »

Oh yes, this fandom does this to people.
I glanced into the crystal ball and saw your future: you go to the art shop to buy a single eraser, but you come out with a bunch of art supplies. And this won't be the last time you visit that shop. :)
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
« Reply #14285 on: March 03, 2016, 08:02:55 AM »
I glanced into the crystal ball and saw your future: you go to the art shop to buy a single eraser, but you come out with a bunch of art supplies. And this won't be the last time you visit that shop. :)

You say that as if there are other possible outcomes to visiting an art store... :D

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #14286 on: March 03, 2016, 08:08:59 AM »

Come on over to the Poetry thread, we could use you. (Pleeease? Right now it's just Corncobman and occasionally me.)

/rolls by, unrequested
If I ever write anything that isn't embarrassingly shippy, I'll dump it over there, I promise.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Nietos

« Reply #14287 on: March 03, 2016, 08:18:05 AM »
Oh yes, this fandom does this to people.
You say that as if there are other possible outcomes to visiting an art store... :D
The traps of the city have multiplied. Before I only had to be careful around yarn and books, not I need to be careful around EVERYTHING tangentially art-related. D:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 08:20:50 AM by Nietos »

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
« Reply #14288 on: March 03, 2016, 08:37:43 AM »
/rolls by, unrequested
If I ever write anything that isn't embarrassingly shippy, I'll dump it over there, I promise.

*chinhands again*
I'm interested in these embarrassingly shippy things you speak of.

The traps of the city have multiplied. Before I only had to be careful around yarn and books, not I need to be careful around EVERYTHING tangentially art-related. D:

I feel you. And on top of artsy places you can add teashops, and artisan chocolate shops, and...

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #14289 on: March 03, 2016, 08:58:12 AM »
Just saw this ad on TV, and am hoping it's not a prediction of today's comic!

Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #14290 on: March 03, 2016, 09:13:02 AM »
Cities with all kind of tempting shops are dangerous - especially for your purse...
The imaginary map of Budapest in my head is marked with "favourite yarn shop" "second favourite yarn shop" "emergency yarn shop" "best pens and markers" "watercolour supply" "good drawing blocks here" "stuff for handmade jewelry" and so on...  ::)
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #14291 on: March 03, 2016, 09:15:15 AM »
Just saw this ad on TV, and am hoping it's not a prediction of today's comic!

/>

Wow! I sure hope that doesn't happen either, we've had enough suspense this week! Imagine just waking up from a ghost attack and running into a giant!  :o
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Nietos

« Reply #14292 on: March 03, 2016, 09:21:38 AM »
I feel you. And on top of artsy places you can add teashops, and artisan chocolate shops, and...
Cities with all kind of tempting shops are dangerous - especially for your purse...
The imaginary map of Budapest in my head is marked with "favourite yarn shop" "second favourite yarn shop" "emergency yarn shop" "best pens and markers" "watercolour supply" "good drawing blocks here" "stuff for handmade jewelry" and so on...  ::)
Guys, you know what's the worst thing about this? I live in the city centre. So all of these shops are within a walking distance from my flat. D: So I'm in a true peril.

cati

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • ≁❀ | aguacatillo
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her(s)
« Reply #14293 on: March 03, 2016, 09:29:58 AM »
Guys, you know what's the worst thing about this? I live in the city centre. So all of these shops are within a walking distance from my flat. D: So I'm in a true peril.

Same here, & this has all reminded me that I must visit the nearest embroidery shop before I leave town Saturday, they have so many kinds of sparkle/shimmer/effect floss ... We are hazards to ourselves.  ♪♫・゙゙・*:.。(´・ω・`)。.:*・゙♪♫♡
Native: :uk: :spain:
Can use without dying of self-consciousness: :uk:
Read: :faroe: :norway: Old Icelandic, Old English
Just enough for Eurovision coverage: :sweden:
Guiltily need to get back to studying, please slap me with an appropriate wet fish: :finland: :japan:
Unintended surprising partial osmosis: :estonia: :denmark:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #14294 on: March 03, 2016, 09:41:21 AM »
One of these days I will give in and start drawing again. One of these days. And all of you artsy people will have to take responsibility for it. ;p

*chinhands again*
I'm interested in these embarrassingly shippy things you speak of.

I think you've already read most of the complete ones, as they were posted on tumblr. I'm nooooot 100% confident in my poetry these days, as it's been ages since I've written it much. Hence the 'embarrassing' qualifier. ;p But anyway, it's easy to find on my writing journal. /lazy shrug
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:43:10 AM by Yuuago »
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge