Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409207 times)

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #14250 on: February 29, 2016, 11:49:50 PM »
So, I started something some of you might be interested in.

Or not.

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #14251 on: March 01, 2016, 12:26:31 AM »
So, I started something some of you might be interested in.

Or not.

Interested indeed.

I expect for many, deciding what to prompt will be the hard part. ;V
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #14252 on: March 01, 2016, 02:01:06 AM »
A random dude I don't know just came up to me and gave me a balloon, asked me if I liked it, said "nice wallpaper you got there" (referring to my computer background), and walked away. I'm confused.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #14253 on: March 01, 2016, 02:12:28 AM »
A random dude I don't know just came up to me and gave me a balloon, asked me if I liked it, said "nice wallpaper you got there" (referring to my computer background), and walked away. I'm confused.
Did he also say, "The thing of it is, nobody goes in, and nobody comes out" before he walked off?

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #14254 on: March 01, 2016, 03:20:45 AM »
Yey! Someone finally noticed what I've done. *getting it to 50/50 was my pet project for a couple of months*

You - what - did what -

Holy wow, that dedication!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #14255 on: March 01, 2016, 05:37:31 AM »
A random dude I don't know just came up to me and gave me a balloon

We all float down here.
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #14256 on: March 01, 2016, 06:08:00 AM »
Because this house can't only smell cinnamon or biscuits, today's recipe is brownies :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #14257 on: March 01, 2016, 07:19:17 AM »
Because this house can't only smell cinnamon or biscuits, today's recipe is brownies :D

As if I needed any more incentive to visit you... : D
(Aaaaand now I want sweets but it's wayyyy too early in the morning for that)
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

« Reply #14258 on: March 01, 2016, 07:30:13 AM »
As if I needed any more incentive to visit you... : D
(Aaaaand now I want sweets but it's wayyyy too early in the morning for that)
I have one housemate who will only come back next Monday, so a room is free here ;)
(I promise there will be biscuits/something like that for an eventual meet-up someday.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #14259 on: March 01, 2016, 09:49:10 PM »
I was considering starting a new thread for this, but it really doesn't seem threadworthy, and then I was debating what existing thread to put it in and couldn't find an exact fit, so decided to throw caution to the wind and add it the general discussion thread.

I like to pretend that I'm cool, hip and with it, but have only been a member of the forum for a few months and hence have missed out on a lot of stuff. And I have a (very inane) question about that stuff. And my inane question (which is mine) is what's the deal with the blorp, blep and accordion trolls?

From what I can gather they are three trolls that have been summoned into existence via combination of chat, dood leordie, general arts and role play, but what should I - as a noob - know about them? I have figured out that the blorp troll screams strings of vowels, the blep troll appears extremely depressed and just sits there saying 'blep' and the accordion troll may actually be able to be used a musical instrument, but apart from that I'm in the dark.

Enlighten me with your troll knowledge my elders and betters!  :D
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #14260 on: March 01, 2016, 11:30:04 PM »
I was considering starting a new thread for this, but it really doesn't seem threadworthy, and then I was debating what existing thread to put it in and couldn't find an exact fit, so decided to throw caution to the wind and add it the general discussion thread.

I like to pretend that I'm cool, hip and with it, but have only been a member of the forum for a few months and hence have missed out on a lot of stuff. And I have a (very inane) question about that stuff. And my inane question (which is mine) is what's the deal with the blorp, blep and accordion trolls?

From what I can gather they are three trolls that have been summoned into existence via combination of chat, dood leordie, general arts and role play, but what should I - as a noob - know about them? I have figured out that the blorp troll screams strings of vowels, the blep troll appears extremely depressed and just sits there saying 'blep' and the accordion troll may actually be able to be used a musical instrument, but apart from that I'm in the dark.

I don't think I was around in time for the blep or bloop troll's creation, but I know that the accordion troll is (one of?) Laufey's SSSSonas, more commonly know as the Lauftroll. All of the above were probably created in the deep depths of the chat with a tiny bit of dark magic and Haiz's unicorn magic.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #14261 on: March 01, 2016, 11:36:19 PM »

I believe Haiz and Laufey will be able to explain this best once they wake up. The accordion troll was created by Laufey as her ssssona and the blorp troll was created by Haiz and yes it yells a lot. They came out of an era of booming sona creations. That thread is not nearly as active as it was many months ago. Those are the two main trolls of the fandom, but a few of us also have trolls. I know Curry has one, and I was once turned into the flap-flap troll.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #14262 on: March 02, 2016, 12:21:08 AM »
I think one of the sources might have been the very funny fic by SectoBoss: 'Fear and Loathing in Kastrup' which yes, is riffing off Hunter S. Thompson. If you haven't read it, do - I think it would appeal to your warped sense of humour. It certainly tickled mine!

For the rest, there were things in the art thread.....I blame Laufey and Feartheviolas. Laufey as a consequence seems to have acquired the sobriquet of 'majestic penguin accordion troll'. It has fangs, or tusks, or.....something. There were probably elements that derived from doodleordie and the chat, which I can't speak to, because both of those move too fast for my limited perceptions.

I believe Haiz may also have been involved? And somebody in the art thread, I don't remember whom, drew the crew on coffee. That may have inspired the fic....or was it the other way around?

Beyond that I, like you, would be grateful for further elucidation.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #14263 on: March 02, 2016, 12:39:45 AM »
For the rest, there were things in the art thread.....I blame Laufey and Feartheviolas. Laufey as a consequence seems to have acquired the sobriquet of 'majestic penguin accordion troll'. It has fangs, or tusks, or.....something. There were probably elements that derived from doodleordie and the chat, which I can't speak to, because both of those move too fast for my limited perceptions.

I believe Haiz may also have been involved? And somebody in the art thread, I don't remember whom, drew the crew on coffee. That may have inspired the fic....or was it the other way around?

Oh yes we turned Laufey into a penguin once in this very topic. That was partially my fault and also Fimby and Solo contributed quite a bit as well. Haiz later drew the majestic penguin accordion troll. I think back somewhere in the 400s or 500s of this thread.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #14264 on: March 02, 2016, 01:26:59 AM »
Ah... things now start to become a bit clearer - particularly knowing that Haiz was involved ;)

Fear and Loathing in Kastrup is indeed one of my favourite fics. I completely lost it when Sigrun flipped out about the crew becoming dumb beasts. ;D

Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t