Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387878 times)

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #14025 on: February 18, 2016, 09:39:49 AM »
Shared pain is half the pain! :D I MEAN I'M VERY SORRY.

YOU'RE NOT SORRY AT ALL
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #14026 on: February 18, 2016, 09:54:02 AM »
I've had Pour un flirt ringing in my head nonstop since yesterday... somebody send help before I mash my head through the nearest wall. If you don't know the song I recommend you don't look it up.

I've heard worse.  (Fair warning:  you can never unsee it.)
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #14027 on: February 18, 2016, 09:55:03 AM »
I won't click I won't click I won't click.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #14028 on: February 18, 2016, 09:57:12 AM »
I am just gonna sit here with some popcorn and watch the reaction posts  :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #14029 on: February 18, 2016, 11:35:09 AM »
In another note, at my job we just had another crew member quit. They were being trained for shift leader, so there is a very good chance that I could be the next candidate for the position. I don't know what to do. On the one hand this may be my chance to get promoted, but on the other hand I'm not sure I'm ready/good enough/likible enough for the job. . .
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #14030 on: February 18, 2016, 11:46:21 AM »
Well, after a long car journey during which my legs felt like they were separating from my body I'm finally at my destination - a Premier Inn (a hotel chain, for those not from the UK). Not quite the Ritz but it's got a kettle, a bed, a sink and a lock on the door so I guess you can't go wrong with that.
Also in case anyone's curious I'm not actually going on holiday - I've been assigned to a crystallography research group this academic year and we've gone down to Diamond for the weekend. I'll basically spend the next two and a half days using the biggest X-ray machine in the country to examine crystals so small you can't even see them without a microscope!

I know it can't be that bad otherwise you wouldn't even be allowed to post it but even so: not looking not looking no no no

In another note, at my job we just had another crew member quit. They were being trained for shift leader, so there is a very good chance that I could be the next candidate for the position. I don't know what to do. On the one hand this may be my chance to get promoted, but on the other hand I'm not sure I'm ready/good enough/likible enough for the job. . .
Hey, a chance at a promotion can't be all bad, right?
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #14031 on: February 18, 2016, 12:07:42 PM »

YOU'RE NOT SORRY AT ALL

LIES
YOU CANNOT PROVE A SINGLE THING

Look, Pour un flirt is bad enough, I don't need to go worse...

Meanwhile I just had a typical framer's scare of the "ohsh- did I bleed on the art? no? phew. wait which finger is it now?" -type. Working with glass means constantly getting small cuts and scratches here and there and because glass is so sharp you end up not noticing it until you see the blood. -.-
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #14032 on: February 18, 2016, 12:13:17 PM »
Also in case anyone's curious I'm not actually going on holiday - I've been assigned to a crystallography research group this academic year and we've gone down to Diamond for the weekend. I'll basically spend the next two and a half days using the biggest X-ray machine in the country to examine crystals so small you can't even see them without a microscope!

*_* Holy cats, that sounds so cool! Even if it isn't vacation, I bet it'll be great.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

« Reply #14033 on: February 18, 2016, 12:20:02 PM »
Admit you're excited ! :D (I would understand.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #14034 on: February 18, 2016, 12:34:47 PM »
I must admit I'm looking forward to it! Although I have been warned the work will be very intense - we're expecting to accomplish about 5 months of work in about 48 hours!!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

« Reply #14035 on: February 18, 2016, 12:36:50 PM »
we're expecting to accomplish about 5 months of work in about 48 hours!!
O_o ... you're... ? Okay. Good luck ?

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #14036 on: February 18, 2016, 12:40:40 PM »
O_o ... you're... ? Okay. Good luck ?
The way it works is that the X-ray machines at my university are good, but not good enough. Diamond is good enough, and experiments that would normally take about 3 days at uni take about 20 minutes here. Plus we've don't have to fight against an entire department for time on the machines - the next two days are ours alone.
So yeah, it's going to be a heavy schedule, but so so worth it. And thank you!
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

« Reply #14037 on: February 18, 2016, 12:50:33 PM »
Oh, I understand better. It seemed completely mad when I read your "5 months of work in 48h" ;)

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #14038 on: February 18, 2016, 01:02:09 PM »
Oh, I understand better. It seemed completely mad when I read your "5 months of work in 48h" ;)

Heh, yeah, I can see now that must have sounded a bit demanding ;D
I write a bit on AO3

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #14039 on: February 18, 2016, 01:42:13 PM »
I must admit I'm looking forward to it! Although I have been warned the work will be very intense - we're expecting to accomplish about 5 months of work in about 48 hours!!

Wow, good luck with that!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy: