Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387612 times)

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #13950 on: February 12, 2016, 03:18:02 PM »
today I cooked my hand in the fryer at work...

would not reccomend

Ouch... :o How!?
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #13951 on: February 12, 2016, 03:34:53 PM »
Ouch... :o How!?

We had a lot of people ordering and the manager asked me to watch the fryer, when the pastries were finished I was taking them out with tongs and I reached in to grab one in the back and accidentally dipped my whole hand in the fryer.

On the bright side though it happened in the afternoon. This morning we were being filmed on the news, and they did a special on our booth. It's good that I wasn't on tv dropping pastries and swearing all over the place :P
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #13952 on: February 12, 2016, 04:07:01 PM »
We had a lot of people ordering and the manager asked me to watch the fryer, when the pastries were finished I was taking them out with tongs and I reached in to grab one in the back and accidentally dipped my whole hand in the fryer.

On the bright side though it happened in the afternoon. This morning we were being filmed on the news, and they did a special on our booth. It's good that I wasn't on tv dropping pastries and swearing all over the place :P

You do realize your forum name is NOT frytheviolas, right? 

(also, ouch, heal up quickly!)
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13953 on: February 12, 2016, 05:36:48 PM »

That's not good! Hope you get better soon! Just rub Aloe Vera all over it, it heals burns really fast.  :)
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Mélusine

« Reply #13954 on: February 12, 2016, 06:18:46 PM »

would not reccomend
How are you ? :/
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Double H

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13955 on: February 12, 2016, 07:56:57 PM »

oowww I twitched in my seat reading that. I second Mélusine, how are you?
Pretentious? Moi?

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #13956 on: February 12, 2016, 08:09:20 PM »
How are you ? :/
oowww I twitched in my seat reading that. I second Mélusine, how are you?

I'm ok, I'm on a bunch of pain killers and it's not really blistering so that's also good. It means it's not burnt too badly. The downside is that it's my left hand hand I write with that hand so writing and such will be a bit awkward for a few days.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #13957 on: February 12, 2016, 08:42:45 PM »

would not reccomend

Arrrgh!!! That's awful! Hope the pain isn't too bad!  :(
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #13958 on: February 12, 2016, 10:04:32 PM »

would not reccomend

Yikes! I've done a similar thing. Hand in the rethermalizer (holds very hot water close to 190°F), not fun. Oil sounds a lot more not fun. I hope your hand heals swiftly!
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #13959 on: February 13, 2016, 04:26:06 AM »
Just poppin' in to dispel any rumors going about that I've been obliterated from the planet's surface by an angered inter-galactic bounty-hunter's disintegration ray.
Spoiler: general update under the cut • show

Coming around the bend of my second quarter and so far so good! I'm reading bawdy Greek comedies, learning about la biblia, wrestling with the question 'what is art?', watching and analyzing some of the US's best films, and (most exciting) compiling a pitch bible for an animated short! This week I get to storyboard two scenes, and I'm probably a little more excited about that fact than is generally socially acceptable. But who cares, I'm really really really super excited about doing storyboards.
In the bad news department, I don't have a job, and if I can't find one by the end of the quarter I won't be able to complete my Freshman year. ;_; It's kind of scary job hunting in this area... everywhere is understaffed and nowhere is hiring. I've seen three businesses close their doors since I got here, and they've not been replaced. The economy's definitely not what I'm used to.
More good news! I've been working really hard on improving my art and drawing daily. So far I'm still on track with my New Year's resolution of a sketchbook a month, and while I'm not really able to tell objectively if I'm improving, it certainly feels like I am. I've also received a couple of commissions in the past month, which is a huge ego boost. My roommates are all great people, and even though I feel lonely sometimes I definitely do not regret coming to this school. Except for the barbeque. California has the. Worst. Barbeque. I have ever tasted. I tried some "brisket" this week and it was a mistake of such epic proportions I wrote an 832-word rant on how awful it was.
I've been keeping up with SSSS (how could I not?) and although I haven't really contributed to the community lately I've been squealing, laughing, and worrying right along with the rest of y'all.
RTR out.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Mélusine

« Reply #13960 on: February 13, 2016, 04:29:46 AM »
Just poppin' in to dispel any rumors going about that I've been obliterated from the planet's surface by an angered inter-galactic bounty-hunter's disintegration ray.
Spoiler: general update under the cut • show

Coming around the bend of my second quarter and so far so good! I'm reading bawdy Greek comedies, learning about la biblia, wrestling with the question 'what is art?', watching and analyzing some of the US's best films, and (most exciting) compiling a pitch bible for an animated short! This week I get to storyboard two scenes, and I'm probably a little more excited about that fact than is generally socially acceptable. But who cares, I'm really really really super excited about doing storyboards.
In the bad news department, I don't have a job, and if I can't find one by the end of the quarter I won't be able to complete my Freshman year. ;_; It's kind of scary job hunting in this area... everywhere is understaffed and nowhere is hiring. I've seen three businesses close their doors since I got here, and they've not been replaced. The economy's definitely not what I'm used to.
More good news! I've been working really hard on improving my art and drawing daily. So far I'm still on track with my New Year's resolution of a sketchbook a month, and while I'm not really able to tell objectively if I'm improving, it certainly feels like I am. I've also received a couple of commissions in the past month, which is a huge ego boost. My roommates are all great people, and even though I feel lonely sometimes I definitely do not regret coming to this school. Except for the barbeque. California has the. Worst. Barbeque. I have ever tasted. I tried some "brisket" this week and it was a mistake of such epic proportions I wrote an 832-word rant on how awful it was.
I've been keeping up with SSSS (how could I not?) and although I haven't really contributed to the community lately I've been squealing, laughing, and worrying right along with the rest of y'all.
RTR out.
Hey ! It's nice to have news from you, it's been a long time :)
I hope all will turn even better for you.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13961 on: February 13, 2016, 06:42:04 AM »
RTR: I'd wondered how you were. Glad to hear the art goes well, and hope the employment prospects improve! The economy is pretty horrible, I'm afraid. Good luck and keep drawing!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Mélusine

« Reply #13962 on: February 13, 2016, 08:47:28 AM »
*Frowns* Wait wait wait, we've... lost Aliax ? ??? *Have just noticed a blank instead of his name in former messages* Did I missed something ? On the chat maybe ?

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #13963 on: February 13, 2016, 09:10:49 AM »
*Frowns* Wait wait wait, we've... lost Aliax ? ???
Looks like the forum account got deleted (the posts still use the name, but rank it as "Guest"), seems to have vanished from Disqus as well a short time after the meltdown there, too ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #13964 on: February 13, 2016, 09:59:05 AM »
*Frowns* Wait wait wait, we've... lost Aliax ? ??? *Have just noticed a blank instead of his name in former messages* Did I missed something ? On the chat maybe ?

Eeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaah? But-but-but-

Looks like the forum account got deleted (the posts still use the name, but rank it as "Guest"), seems to have vanished from Disqus as well a short time after the meltdown there, too ...

It wasn't that short a time, if you're thinking of the suspension-of-disbelief meltdown. He was on Disqus pretty regularly until maybe a few days ago, and unless I've missed something his Disqus account still seems to be up, so... I don't know?
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18: