Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410641 times)

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #13770 on: January 31, 2016, 11:35:41 AM »
I am here to announce that I. Am. On. Vacatiooooon~~~

A proper one this time. With no stress. And no annoying holiday celebrations with family. And no exams in the middle of it.

That sounds awesome! I hope you'll have a great, relaxing time.

Just spent a very cosplay-full weekend, now trying to motivate self to go over about 400 photos... anyway, some cosplay conclusions:

Sigrun (the blue Norwegian uniform)

- awesome for winter, so warm so cozy!
- likely horribad for summer, no way am I ever wearing that double-layered wool cape in plus degrees
- mwahahahahaaa

Reynir (dreamscape)

- was too hot in the summer, is too cold in the winter, why
- great for twirling around
- danger of getting hit in the face with the braid when twirling around

Totally looking forward to those photos. : D It sounds like ya' just can't win with the Reynir cosplay... maybe it'd be a decent weight for spring/autumn?
I hope you didn't smack yourself in the face too many times.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #13771 on: January 31, 2016, 11:39:31 AM »
Totally looking forward to those photos. : D It sounds like ya' just can't win with the Reynir cosplay... maybe it'd be a decent weight for spring/autumn?

Could be, yes. Or maybe it'll only ever be comfortable in my dreams... btw I have a long history of smacking myself in the face with various objects so even though I did get hit by braid a bit too many times it's - you know - the hammer hurt more.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #13772 on: January 31, 2016, 11:41:59 AM »
Happy vacation, Lenny!

I, on the other hand, hope that you smacked yourself plenty of times and have pictures of all of them. In-character points over 9000!
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #13773 on: January 31, 2016, 11:47:55 AM »
When did you change your signature? I really like it XD. Now I'll always know what my IP is ;)
Less than 3h ago, to distract y'all from my also adding references to my PGP pubkey. :P Danasoft usually tells OS and browser, too

but that would IMHO only disrupt the flow from the troll saying "I know where to find you" to my "you're doomed now" custom quotes. ;)

(A pity, though, that their new .sig that really implies "I know where you are"

is not available for customization yet.)

Nahhh it's a wonderful close range weapon the way it is, I just have to learn to use it correctly.
"Look out, it's the Laufwig! It beheaded its owner as soon as the braid was all macuahuitlified just so that nobody with enough training to keep it from conquering the world would be left alive!"
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #13774 on: January 31, 2016, 12:50:53 PM »
Less than 3h ago, to distract y'all from my also adding references to my PGP pubkey. :P Danasoft usually tells OS and browser, too

but that would IMHO only disrupt the flow from the troll saying "I know where to find you" to my "you're doomed now" custom quotes. ;)

(A pity, though, that their new .sig that really implies "I know where you are"

is not available for customization yet.)
"Look out, it's the Laufwig! It beheaded its owner as soon as the braid was all macuahuitlified just so that nobody with enough training to keep it from conquering the world would be left alive!"

Oh I love the rainbow one. And somehow I want to try out the knoppix fake disk simulating windows XP. The rainbowy elephant should give a warning about my system safety then XD
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

JoB

« Reply #13775 on: January 31, 2016, 01:53:43 PM »
Oh I love the rainbow one. And somehow I want to try out the knoppix fake disk simulating windows XP. The rainbowy elephant should give a warning about my system safety then XD
Heheh, no, the one-liners are all they do. Well, apart from cycling through (apparently only four of the current) sign holders and a bajillion of short fortune(6)s for the last line.

(And collecting a data trail of everyone visiting this forum, but it's not like the inline pictures in the postings didn't already do that with Google, ImageShack, Imgur, .......)
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #13776 on: January 31, 2016, 03:30:15 PM »
Kinda cool switching between cellular and WiFi, watching the cute li'l spies react.  Any way to kill 'em disable them?  >:D
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

JoB

« Reply #13777 on: January 31, 2016, 03:43:54 PM »
Any way to kill 'em disable them?  >:D
Sure, block connections to (www.)danasoft.com in whatever appropriate way. (I'm spying guessing that you're using a smartphone or tablet, so I can't suggest /etc/hosts (Unices) / %WinDir%\hosts (95, 98, ME) / %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (NT) shenanigans.)

But to repeat, Danasoft works with the exact same data that Imgur etc. etc. get from your browser too whenever you open a forum page with an image hosted by them.

John Candlebury

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • No John, you are the demons
« Reply #13778 on: January 31, 2016, 04:01:34 PM »
Sure, block connections to (www.)danasoft.com in whatever appropriate way. (I'm spying guessing that you're using a smartphone or tablet, so I can't suggest /etc/hosts (Unices) / %WinDir%\hosts (95, 98, ME) / %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (NT) shenanigans.)

But to repeat, Danasoft works with the exact same data that Imgur etc. etc. get from your browser too whenever you open a forum page with an image hosted by them.

They are pretty ugly tho.

The easy way is that if you have a web antivirus/add-block you can simply right-click and add them to the list of banned items, that  way you'll never have to see them again.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 04:38:08 PM by John Candlebury »

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #13779 on: January 31, 2016, 04:33:35 PM »
On the other hand, I don't particularly care if they know what IP I'm using at any given time.  It's in the realm of "cute but not super annoying party tricks"
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #13780 on: January 31, 2016, 05:05:24 PM »
All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go - well, no, they aren't, but I keep singing it anyway. Tomorrow we'll start our holiday in Indonesia. ^-^
I'm already so excited! On the downside, another month without the forum, but then I'll have lots to read and so much new art to admire when I come back.
So see you in March, probably!  :)
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #13781 on: January 31, 2016, 06:20:10 PM »
also there was a power outage last night. I'm so thankful for Mélusine's gift to me, the unicorn shaped lamp. it's the best power outage light source I've ever had.
*So happy. Loves the photo* <3

I just realized that it's almost February.

How?! Where did the month go?!
If you find the answer, I'm interested by the explication too.

And Laufey, if you hadn't yet, I hope you'll share photos ! :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #13782 on: January 31, 2016, 06:30:05 PM »
If you find the answer, I'm interested by the explication too.

First place I'd look is either under the bed or in the back of the closet.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #13783 on: February 01, 2016, 12:33:08 PM »
I often listen to the Finnish radio at work, and every now and then I get a customer who recognizes the language. Makes for a great conversation starter actually! I've began to see a pattern in that, though, it's always someone who's lived in Finland for some reason or another (with the exception of swearing, if someone on the radio is swearing in Finnish it seems to register immediately as "oh is this Finnish?" somehow). But.

This is a tiny little town, how can there be so many people here who have lived in Finland of all places?
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #13784 on: February 01, 2016, 12:35:28 PM »
I often listen to the Finnish radio at work, and every now and then I get a customer who recognizes the language. Makes for a great conversation starter actually! I've began to see a pattern in that, though, it's always someone who's lived in Finland for some reason or another (with the exception of swearing, if someone on the radio is swearing in Finnish it seems to register immediately as "oh is this Finnish?" somehow). But.

This is a tiny little town, how can there be so many people here who have lived in Finland of all places?

Maybe those kind of people get drawn together. Like magnets. (Or like cat hair to a black shirt....)
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge