Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411669 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #13380 on: January 09, 2016, 05:54:08 PM »
I'm getting a bit fed up with the fireworks by now. They start every year a little after Yule and typically last until the 6th January, but I guess the bad weather on 6th made people postpone sending off the holiday. Not that it's anything as bad now as it was on the New Year's Eve but still, won't somebody think of the pet owners etc.

This is how the New Year's Eve is like, skip to 3:00 to get to the midnight part. In the end the whole town is covered in a thick cloud of gunpowder smoke. My parents once tried to call me to wish me happy New Year but the noise was so loud I couldn't hear them over the phone...

(On an unrelated note, SNK how dare you. HOW DARE YOU.)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #13381 on: January 09, 2016, 06:33:01 PM »
Aaaaaaa you guys I'm gonna open up commissions aaaaaaaaa
I have the form worked out but I need to make current examples of lineart for basically every size for the example and decide on prices :'3c

I read that chapter just because I heard people talking about it and that was NOT VERY NICE, Isayama. I mean I'm glad that I know for sure now but. THAT FANDOM HAS GONE THROUGH TOO MUCH AND YET HE STILL CONTINUES
YEET

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #13382 on: January 09, 2016, 07:16:38 PM »
It has endured much.

Like a live action movie, for instance. Surely we did not deserve this.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Double H

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13383 on: January 09, 2016, 08:20:03 PM »
I'm getting a bit fed up with the fireworks by now. They start every year a little after Yule and typically last until the 6th January, but I guess the bad weather on 6th made people postpone sending off the holiday. Not that it's anything as bad now as it was on the New Year's Eve but still, won't somebody think of the pet owners etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfpq0U5K6EI

This is how the New Year's Eve is like, skip to 3:00 to get to the midnight part. In the end the whole town is covered in a thick cloud of gunpowder smoke. My parents once tried to call me to wish me happy New Year but the noise was so loud I couldn't hear them over the phone...

Same, a couple of my neighbors were launching fireworks occasionally throughout the entire day.  :(
I like the fireworks on new years eve but after that I'm fed up and don't really want to hear them again until the end of the new year.
Pretentious? Moi?

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13384 on: January 10, 2016, 12:31:47 AM »
Travel day tomorrow for real this time. Goodnight!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #13385 on: January 10, 2016, 04:26:01 AM »
How to see you haven't slept enough : no Mélu, pouring cold water on the kettle then on you mug before making it boil won't give you an hot tea.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #13386 on: January 10, 2016, 05:38:14 AM »
How to see you haven't slept enough : no Mélu, pouring cold water on the kettle then on you mug before making it boil won't give you an hot tea.

In a similar vein: no, SectoBoss, putting the coffee bag in the bin and the plastic packaging it came in into your mug will not make you a cup of coffee.
(I do this more times than I'm willing to admit...)
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

« Reply #13387 on: January 10, 2016, 06:02:07 AM »
In a similar vein: no, SectoBoss, putting the coffee bag in the bin and the plastic packaging it came in into your mug will not make you a cup of coffee.
(I do this more times than I'm willing to admit...)
Do you think we can blame the morning and/or lack of sleep ?
... Wait, you drink coffee now ? Wasn't it dangerous ? Did I missed something ? Or I'm mistaking your self insert character for you... ???
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #13388 on: January 10, 2016, 06:11:05 AM »
Do you think we can blame the morning and/or lack of sleep ?
... Wait, you drink coffee now ? Wasn't it dangerous ? Did I missed something ? Or I'm mistaking your self insert character for you... ???

I do drink coffee (ever since the day on a geology field trip when I had about 4 espressos in a row one morning and got so much geology done) but usually not more than a cup a day because I'm quite susceptible to caffeine. So yeah, the thing was don't give me too much coffee, or if you do, prepare for the consequences... (fun fact: over half my fanfics have been written on said second cup of coffee, which might explain a lot!)
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

« Reply #13389 on: January 10, 2016, 07:24:51 AM »
So yeah, the thing was don't give me too much coffee, or if you do, prepare for the consequences... (fun fact: over half my fanfics have been written on said second cup of coffee, which might explain a lot!)
*Takes notes for an eventual meet-up someday : check if SectoBoss has coffee before or not* :P

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13390 on: January 10, 2016, 07:28:43 AM »
fun fact: over half my fanfics have been written on said second cup of coffee, which might explain a lot!
*Brews more coffee for Sectoboss and sneakily places it next to his preferred writing spot*

Mélusine

« Reply #13391 on: January 10, 2016, 07:36:22 AM »
*Brews more coffee for Sectoboss and sneakily places it next to his preferred writing spot*
With the same look as your avatar, isn't it ? ::)

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #13392 on: January 10, 2016, 07:41:11 AM »
*Takes notes for an eventual meet-up someday : check if SectoBoss has coffee before or not* :P
Is this to make sure I don't have too much or to give me more...?

With the same look as your avatar, isn't it ? ::)
Oh good grief... ;D
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

« Reply #13393 on: January 10, 2016, 07:44:59 AM »
Is this to make sure I don't have too much or to give me more...?
Well, first to be sure to prevent you from... "consequences", but I have to admit Unlos's idea is... let's say interesting ^^ (You shouldn't have told us you write better after coffee. It's too late, now ;))

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #13394 on: January 10, 2016, 07:48:03 AM »
Well, first to be sure to prevent you from... "consequences", but I have to admit Unlos's idea is... let's say interesting ^^ (You shouldn't have told us you write better after coffee. It's too late, now ;))
Not 'better', just 'more' :D
The amount of idea's I've had to go back and throw away because they didn't work is huge...
I write a bit on AO3