Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387987 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1245 on: November 10, 2014, 07:51:24 PM »
Haha, for a second, i thought you were just swearing profusely XP Heh, I'm just going to assume you're part-time Q now, or work for Q. Whatever works ;3
(hmmmmm but now we know that it has arms! Muahahah! *and then the forum suddenly shuts down and Eich is never heard from again* O__O)

I read through the game....and then high-tailed it outta there like nobody's business before a bloodthirsty Nimphy tore my wings off or something .____. *shudders* the forces of evil took her too young.......too young.....

Is it bad that I find the game really entertaining?

I got out alive last round, but bleeding out through my arm sockets. And that wasn't even Nimphy's doing.

So the talk of Christmas reminded me of something. Would anybody be interesting in doing a Secret Santa type thing? (Basically, anonymous gift giving).

I'm interested in how this would work... like digital gift giving?

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #1246 on: November 10, 2014, 08:01:57 PM »
Sounds interesting!
Internetty gifts or physical gifts or...?
I'm interested in how this would work... like digital gift giving?

Uh, internetty gifts. And yes. So like...I don't know, a drawing or a song or a haiku or something.

Is it bad that I find the game really entertaining?

I had popcorn, so no. :D

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1247 on: November 10, 2014, 08:08:45 PM »
Uh, internetty gifts. And yes. So like...I don't know, a drawing or a song or a haiku or something.

Yeah, I'd do that! I can draw for people!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1248 on: November 10, 2014, 08:17:28 PM »
Yeah that sounds nice! :3
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1249 on: November 10, 2014, 09:33:20 PM »
So the talk of Christmas reminded me of something. Would anybody be interested in doing a Secret Santa type thing? (Basically, anonymous gift giving).

Ooh, count me in.  That sounds like fun!  I can't draw or *make* music, but every Christmas I put together custom mixes of holiday music as gifts, a different theme each time.  (Holiday Lounge, A Rockabilly Christmas, A Classical Christmas, etc.).  I can make those mixes downloadable as long as nobody reports me to the RIAA...

Also, can we saw off these holiday-themed posts into a separate thread, called something like "Winter Holidays"?  I think it would be useful to hold both specific activity suggestions like the Secret Santa, and general holiday musings. 

Plus, we can start planning to celebrate Our Dear Creator's birthday, which is around Jan. 8, I believe.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1250 on: November 10, 2014, 09:43:29 PM »
Ooh, count me in.  That sounds like fun!  I can't draw or *make* music, but every Christmas I put together custom mixes of holiday music as gifts, a different theme each time.  (Holiday Lounge, A Rockabilly Christmas, A Classical Christmas, etc.).  I can make those mixes downloadable as long as nobody reports me to the RIAA...

Also, can we saw off these holiday-themed posts into a separate thread, called something like "Winter Holidays"?  I think it would be useful to hold both specific activity suggestions like the Secret Santa, and general holiday musings. 

Plus, we can start planning to celebrate Our Dear Creator's birthday, which is around Jan. 8, I believe.
Cool!

Yup, I agree, because there will probably be a looooooooooot (lot not loot ;__;) of christmas/holiday stuff emerging...
EEEee! Exciting! Minna will be....25 right? :O

Noah O.

• Scout
  • History Geek
« Reply #1251 on: November 10, 2014, 10:11:41 PM »
Cool!

Yup, I agree, because there will probably be a looooooooooot (lot not loot ;__;) of christmas/holiday stuff emerging...
EEEee! Exciting! Minna will be....25 right? :O
...should I make a Christmas haiku? Or can I tell people the projected fatality count if their hometown is targeted by a Peacemaker missile?

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1252 on: November 10, 2014, 10:47:19 PM »
I'd be down for a Secret Santa.  If I can get a mic soon, especially.  Otherwise, I have nothing to give... uh, except... the forum?  I guess?
Feel free to PM.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #1253 on: November 11, 2014, 12:11:26 AM »
Nooo Eich, you can't go giving the forum away D:

I'd be up for a Secret Santa, too! A drawing, probably. Mmm, and doing something for Minna's birthday sounds very good, too.
Am notified of private messages via email.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #1254 on: November 11, 2014, 12:19:56 AM »
Secret Santa sounds good to me!

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1255 on: November 11, 2014, 12:43:37 AM »
how....would we pick the names? Is there some sort of pull-them-out-of-a-hat raffle simulator somewhere? o__o

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #1256 on: November 11, 2014, 12:55:19 AM »
how....would we pick the names? Is there some sort of pull-them-out-of-a-hat raffle simulator somewhere? o__o

The first idea that comes to mind is that we create a list of people who want to participate. And then the people are assigned a number and someone running the whole thing will use a random number generator to pair people up and will send out private messages to tell people who their partner is? Secretly?

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #1257 on: November 11, 2014, 01:00:21 AM »
The first idea that comes to mind is that we create a list of people who want to participate. And then the people are assigned a number and someone running the whole thing will use a random number generator to pair people up and will send out private messages to tell people who their partner is? Secretly?

Sounds good to me~
Am notified of private messages via email.

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #1258 on: November 11, 2014, 01:00:55 AM »
WOAH, WOAH, WOAH, what have I been missing? Are you talking about me and my evil deeds? When did I tear off OrigamiOwl's wings (I probably did, but that's not the point)?! And heh. Play by Post is great. Except that Clayres is now used to my killing and makes sure to take me out before I can eliminate everyone else.

The Secret Santa thing looks an excellent idea! I'd be in for it!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1259 on: November 11, 2014, 01:04:25 AM »
WOAH, WOAH, WOAH, what have I been missing? Are you talking about me and my evil deeds? When did I tear off OrigamiOwl's wings (I probably did, but that's not the point)?! And heh. Play by Post is great. Except that Clayres is now used to my killing and makes sure to take me out before I can eliminate everyone else.

The Secret Santa thing looks an excellent idea! I'd be in for it!
Settle down, settle down, no one's wings were ripped off! I wasn't even there! X'D It was hypothetical.....i think

~~secretly~~
now I'm just picturing that part in PotO ("stranger than you dreamt it" i think) where the Phantom says "sec....ret....ly... ;__;" X'D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 01:25:30 AM by OrigamiOwl »