Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387942 times)

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1230 on: November 10, 2014, 05:50:12 PM »
It IS my holiday break after all! But. Internet quota. And. Where do I find them.
They should all be on Nickelodeon's website.  That's where I watched Korra.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1231 on: November 10, 2014, 05:55:43 PM »
OH CRAP SORRY SORRY!

*Quickly changes subject*  So, the things I designed at work finally showed up today!  They were all wrapped in paper in a box.  It was like a mini, early Christmas, except it smelled like steel, aluminum, and grease.  I'm super happy to have things I designed... actually exist.  That feels pretty cool.  Best of all, they're all correctly machined, so I can install them tomorrow or Wednesday. 
Tasmanian internet.

It's ok, I stared at a photo of my cats in a bath for a while and overcame the FLOODING TORRENT OF EICH-INDUCED TEARS. ;3 hehe

Ohhh what did you design? Parts for what??¿!
Heh, that is the best Christmas smell :P it's right on the list with "Four-stroke and salt" and "appley orchard dirt and tractor" smells

They should all be on Nickelodeon's website.  That's where I watched Korra.

Ok! I'll see if that works here!

Edit: it won't load........
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 06:03:06 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1232 on: November 10, 2014, 06:11:42 PM »
*points to "Play By Post"*

That doesn't necessarily explain much. I have no idea what's going on in Play by Post at the moment. Let me know when you change the rules again yeah?

And now I understand the silence of these days. Everyone has got a hangover.

Or they died of alcohol poisoning, RIP newcomers. aa-aamaziiing graaace

*Quickly changes subject*  So, the things I designed at work finally showed up today!  They were all wrapped in paper in a box.  It was like a mini, early Christmas, except it smelled like steel, aluminum, and grease.  I'm super happy to have things I designed... actually exist.  That feels pretty cool.  Best of all, they're all correctly machined, so I can install them tomorrow or Wednesday. 
Tasmanian internet.

Dear forum, I think Eich is assembling a doomsday machine.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1233 on: November 10, 2014, 06:15:43 PM »
It's ok, I stared at a photo of my cats in a bath for a while and overcame the FLOODING TORRENT OF EICH-INDUCED TEARS. ;3 hehe

Ohhh what did you design? Parts for what??¿!
Heh, that is the best Christmas smell :P it's right on the list with "Four-stroke and salt" and "appley orchard dirt and tractor" smells

Ok! I'll see if that works here!
Cat therapy always works!

I made a bunch of weirdly shaped, metal blocks, with holes in them.  They'll all fit together beautifully and make our assembly machines fun faster, because they're slimmer than the blocks they're replacing, and can fit into a tight space without needing to change orientation.  Basically, I'm the greatest.  /sigrun  I am pretty stoked to get them installed and see if they work, though!  Also, yeah, I was measuring them for a few hours today, and now my hands smell all funny. 

Your summer Christmas smells are foreign to me.  I'm used to... uh, well, I don't really know.  I don't know what Christmas smells like.  That's a weird thing to say.  :-|

That doesn't necessarily explain much. I have no idea what's going on in Play by Post at the moment. Let me know when you change the rules again yeah?

Dear forum, I think Eich is assembling a doomsday machine.
People are going bananas in there right now.  It's gotten more than three pages in the last 12 hours.

Noooo... Just a... blocky, weird assemblage.  It'll move and stuff!
Feel free to PM.

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #1234 on: November 10, 2014, 06:22:56 PM »
Christmas smells like cinnamon, hot spiced wine ("Glühwein") and fir needles to me. I'm already looking forward to buying a christmas tree. It's just so nice to have a tree inside your living room.  :)
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #1235 on: November 10, 2014, 06:24:20 PM »

Sounds like a doomsday machine to me. :P

Christmas smells like cinnamon, hot spiced wine ("Glühwein") and fir needles to me. I'm already looking forward to buying a christmas tree. It's just so nice to have a tree inside your living room.  :)
Sadly, due to lots of furniture rearranging, we don't really have a place for our tree. We'll make it fit somehow, I guess, even if it means running into branches trying to get to the table.

Also, just wanted to say that we should probably stop hotlinking SATW's flag images...especially since the new people who come here do the same...and...

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #1236 on: November 10, 2014, 06:29:57 PM »
Mmm, Christmas, to me, smells like barbecued meat, watermelon, tiramisu, charcoal smoke, the dusty smell of earth that's been dry for a long, long time, the musty smell of decorations that have been in storage for the better part of a year, and the ocean. Once upon a time there used to be another Christmas smell for me, one of fir trees, dark evenings, liquor/brandy, and chocolate kransjes that you hung in the tree, but that was a long time ago.
Am notified of private messages via email.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1237 on: November 10, 2014, 06:34:53 PM »
Cat therapy always works!

I made a bunch of weirdly shaped, metal blocks, with holes in them.  They'll all fit together beautifully and make our assembly machines fun faster, because they're slimmer than the blocks they're replacing, and can fit into a tight space without needing to change orientation.  Basically, I'm the greatest.  /sigrun  I am pretty stoked to get them installed and see if they work, though!  Also, yeah, I was measuring them for a few hours today, and now my hands smell all funny. 

Your summer Christmas smells are foreign to me.  I'm used to... uh, well, I don't really know.  I don't know what Christmas smells like.  That's a weird thing to say.  :-|
People are going bananas in there right now.  It's gotten more than three pages in the last 12 hours.

Fluffball-wanderer had waded through a marsh last night. It was all over her feet and tummy u___u
The dark one didn't even need a bath, she jumped in because she wanted to and got sad because no one washed her X'D

I would've assumed it smelt like all the stuff in the Christmas carols...? Chestnuts and fire and stuff? Right? .....right? (Did the carols lie to me?!??!?)

What does the assembly line assemble? :O
(Wait up, you're not sure if they'll WORK yet?? You didn't make sure?! Being raised by a fitter and turner, I'm a tad worried o___o but they should be fine ;P)

Mmm, Christmas, to me, smells like barbecued meat, watermelon, tiramisu, charcoal smoke, the dusty smell of earth that's been dry for a long, long time, the musty smell of decorations that have been in storage for the better part of a year, and the ocean. Once upon a time there used to be another Christmas smell for me, one of fir trees, dark evenings, liquor/brandy, and chocolate kransjes that you hung in the tree, but that was a long time ago.

Yup, dusty decorations! XD

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1238 on: November 10, 2014, 06:35:43 PM »

*Gasp* you're building a Dalek?

Hyup, play by post is pretty intense today. I'm really at a loss as to what the game is all about.

Also, just wanted to say that we should probably stop hotlinking SATW's flag images...especially since the new people who come here do the same...and...

I'm not hotlinking it, but well, using it without expressed permission steal feels a bit iffy.

hot spiced wine ("Glühwein")

I saw spiced wine in the local supermarket today. Do want.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #1239 on: November 10, 2014, 06:41:17 PM »

Hyup, play by post is pretty intense today. I'm really at a loss as to what the game is all about.

's far as I can tell, it's some form of roleplay. Looks fun.

Spiced wine. I've read about that so many times. Need to try it one day.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1240 on: November 10, 2014, 07:03:59 PM »
[Adorable Cats]
Fluffball-wanderer had waded through a marsh last night. It was all over her feet and tummy u___u
The dark one didn't even need a bath, she jumped in because she wanted to and got sad because no one washed her X'D

I would've assumed it smelt like all the stuff in the Christmas carols...? Chestnuts and fire and stuff? Right? .....right? (Did the carols lie to me?!??!?)

What does the assembly line assemble? :O
(Wait up, you're not sure if they'll WORK yet?? You didn't make sure?! Being raised by a fitter and turner, I'm a tad worried o___o but they should be fine ;P)

Yup, dusty decorations! XD
D'aww.  I plan on introducing my next cat to water, as a kitten.  That way, they won't be bothered by it.

We assemble ***************** for ********, ****, *********, and *****.  If I say anymore, they'll fly through my window and take me away to their secret base under the lake, then they'll hypnotize me into thinking I'm someone else.  Then the forum will be admin-less!  Kidding, of course, but I shouldn't say much more.  As for why we're not sure if they work yet: how can we be?  They aren't installed yet.  We'll have to run several parts after we put them on, and run the machine at a slower speed to make sure it doesn't crash into anything.  We have a 3-d model, but there's only so much that can do, because there will always be differences between a model and reality (there's a moral in there for fashion magazines, somewhere).

Sounds like a doomsday machine to me. :P
*Gasp* you're building a Dalek?

I'm not hotlinking it, but well, using it without expressed permission steal feels a bit iffy.
N- No.  Just because it has arms involved doesn't mean it's a Dalek.  And just because it moves doesn't mean it will kill everybody (just the people who stick their head in the wrong places).

Currently, it's a "I do this, you react.  You do, I react" scenario.  You react to what the person before you did, then do something for someone else to react to.

As for the flags, I finally figured out how to add custom smileys (there was a button in there that I just kept glancing over... It's hard being easily distracted and unobservant), so once I play around with that a little, we'll be able to add flags in signatures using a simple bit of code.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1241 on: November 10, 2014, 07:22:32 PM »
D'aww.  I plan on introducing my next cat to water, as a kitten.  That way, they won't be bothered by it.

We assemble ***************** for ********, ****, *********, and *****.  If I say anymore, they'll fly through my window and take me away to their secret base under the lake, then they'll hypnotize me into thinking I'm someone else.  Then the forum will be admin-less!  Kidding, of course, but I shouldn't say much more.  As for why we're not sure if they work yet: how can we be?  They aren't installed yet.  We'll have to run several parts after we put them on, and run the machine at a slower speed to make sure it doesn't crash into anything.  We have a 3-d model, but there's only so much that can do, because there will always be differences between a model and reality (there's a moral in there for fashion magazines, somewhere).
N- No.  Just because it has arms involved doesn't mean it's a Dalek.  And just because it moves doesn't mean it will kill everybody (just the people who stick their head in the wrong places).

Currently, it's a "I do this, you react.  You do, I react" scenario.  You react to what the person before you did, then do something for someone else to react to.

As for the flags, I finally figured out how to add custom smileys (there was a button in there that I just kept glancing over... It's hard being easily distracted and unobservant), so once I play around with that a little, we'll be able to add flags in signatures using a simple bit of code.
Haha, for a second, i thought you were just swearing profusely XP Heh, I'm just going to assume you're part-time Q now, or work for Q. Whatever works ;3
(hmmmmm but now we know that it has arms! Muahahah! *and then the forum suddenly shuts down and Eich is never heard from again* O__O)

I read through the game....and then high-tailed it outta there like nobody's business before a bloodthirsty Nimphy tore my wings off or something .____. *shudders* the forces of evil took her too young.......too young.....

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1242 on: November 10, 2014, 07:34:11 PM »
Haha, for a second, i thought you were just swearing profusely XP Heh, I'm just going to assume you're part-time Q now, or work for Q. Whatever works ;3
(hmmmmm but now we know that it has arms! Muahahah! *and then the forum suddenly shuts down and Eich is never heard from again* O__O)

I read through the game....and then high-tailed it outta there like nobody's business before a bloodthirsty Nimphy tore my wings off or something .____. *shudders* the forces of evil took her too young.......too young.....
I may have been.  Who knows? 

That was a wise choice.  The last thing I did in that thread was open a door.  It was terrifying!  She's killed everyone who's posted, so far... except maybe Kex.  Kex might be immune to Nimphy. 
Feel free to PM.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #1243 on: November 10, 2014, 07:43:22 PM »
That was a wise choice.  The last thing I did in that thread was open a door.  It was terrifying!  She's killed everyone who's posted, so far... except maybe Kex.  Kex might be immune to Nimphy.
I messed around with gravity a bit, but that didn't hurt anybody, I promise!

So the talk of Christmas reminded me of something. Would anybody be interesting in doing a Secret Santa type thing? (Basically, anonymous gift giving).

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1244 on: November 10, 2014, 07:50:19 PM »
I may have been.  Who knows? 

Heheh it was like Nimphy suddenly turned into the scary blue thing from Ao Oni (?) (or HetaOni ;P) and chased everyone around the mansion until they were all dead O___O
Which reminds me ^u^ i bought "The Whispering Skull" yesterday (maybe this should go in the book thread) and it's so great. I just love the insult-style and the way some of the antagonists are described.
"Vernon wore a smirk so self-satisfied it practically circled his head and hugged itself." and then someone else is "A sneer on legs."
It's great therapy after reading the PBPost thread 0___0

So the talk of Christmas reminded me of something. Would anybody be interesting in doing a Secret Santa type thing? (Basically, anonymous gift giving).
Sounds interesting!
Internetty gifts or physical gifts or...?