Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387691 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #12810 on: December 07, 2015, 07:53:57 AM »
I hope you'll be okay, laufey! O:

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn i have my exam in classical religion and philosophy tomorrow, that SHOULD go okay but also i haven't read all of the curriculum because haha what is studying. but the teacher has put all the lecture notes online and those are really coherent and good so if i read all of those that will be good, right? right?? ? ? ?? i mean there's still a slight chance im going to die but at least i'll die after having ordered the ssss book. there are worse ways to go.

in other news, compleeetely absolutely irrelevant, i have picked up about two of the pokemon games i haven't played since january and restarted a third. can you believe i've only played through White 2 just once? scandalous! the perfect time to play through the entire game again is now

i'm fine. sure, i'm soul deep in existential dread but other than that i'm just fine
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #12811 on: December 07, 2015, 08:01:28 AM »
i'm fine. sure, i'm soul deep in existential dread but other than that i'm just fine
*Offers one hug to Haiz - And biscuits, because* <3 All will be all right :)

Be careful, Laufey :/
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #12812 on: December 07, 2015, 08:07:08 AM »
So we'll have a hurricane today afternoon... hoping to get to close the shop early so I get home before bits of roofs start flying around and the buses stop going.  :-\
Yikes, hope nothing important blows over!

but also i haven't read all of the curriculum because haha what is studying
I know your pain. My Swedish oral exam is tomorrow morning and external events coupled with my own laziness are going to ensure I walk into it with very little preparation. Erk... :-\

You'll pull through :) And if you don't maybe all of us suffering the same dread can form a little puddle of dread together.
The dreadpool, maybe?
sorry not sorry
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12813 on: December 07, 2015, 08:09:44 AM »
I'd not so much trade the wind, we've had some winds in the last few days that are bringing trees down. But I'd happily swap half your snow for our drought. There was a bit in the paper today saying that our region has just had the driest spring in 100+ years. And temps are already in the high thirties, and going up. Wind and lightning storm is forecast for the next few days sometime, but weather bureau thinks no rain. The birds and insects appear to think differently, hope they're right.

I'm wondering if Iceland's ever had a drought. Probably not. :D Then again I would not survive over 30°C weather for several days in a row so I really don't envy you!

D: Holy --
Crossing my fingers for you to get to close early, yo. Because SERIOUSLY.
I hope you'll be okay, laufey! O:
Be careful, Laufey :/
Yikes, hope nothing important blows over!

All's fine atm, my instructions are to follow the weather and the news and close early if necessary. I don't think it would affect the sales either, no one goes out if the weather is bad. Least of all to buy a frame...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #12814 on: December 07, 2015, 08:11:35 AM »
I know your pain. My Swedish oral exam is tomorrow morning and external events coupled with my own laziness are going to ensure I walk into it with very little preparation. Erk... :-\
Tea and biscuits for both of you after your preparations. (Yes, I know, before is better, but after we're curiously less productive and one hour had vanished...)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #12815 on: December 07, 2015, 08:18:12 AM »
Tea and biscuits for both of you after your preparations. (Yes, I know, before is better, but after we're curiously less productive and one hour had vanished...)
Thanks!
Now you mention it, a biscuit would go down a treat aroundabout now, but then again, when wouldn't it? :)
Think I saw some in the cupboard earlier...
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
I write a bit on AO3

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #12816 on: December 07, 2015, 08:34:53 AM »
I know your pain. My Swedish oral exam is tomorrow morning and external events coupled with my own laziness are going to ensure I walk into it with very little preparation. Erk...
let's just......... yolo it.......................

even worse is that my sleep pattern is growing steadily much worse than before?? like, most of the year i've been going to bed at 2am which is bad enough, but ever since classes ended (and especially after visiting my friend in oslo) i've been fallig asleep sometime between 3-5am............... like... i need to go to bed early today so i won't be a COMPLETE wreck tomorrow, but will i manage to fall asleep that early? i almost doubt it. THiS ISNT WHAT I WANTED

EVEN WORSE: out water boiler stopped working. we'll get a new one soon but right now the only way to make tea would be to... manually boil the water................. i am studying without tea right now. how is this gonna end
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:37:06 AM by Haiz »

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12817 on: December 07, 2015, 08:48:37 AM »
Sorry to keep whining about this but ahahahahahaa so we're in for something like this one that happened in 1991, apparently. I've never in my life been in this kind of a storm before so I don't even know what you're supposed to do and I'm a liiiiittle bit worried...

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #12818 on: December 07, 2015, 09:05:26 AM »
let's just......... yolo it.......................
Heh. Yeah...

And urgh, those sleeping troubles sound rough. Hope you get enough shuteye before the exam!

Sorry to keep whining about this but ahahahahahaa so we're in for something like this one that happened in 1991, apparently. I've never in my life been in this kind of a storm before so I don't even know what you're supposed to do and I'm a liiiiittle bit worried...
Wow, that sounds... alarming. Um, best of luck?  :-\ (I'm sorry, everything encouraging I try and say sounds rather flippant to my ears seeing as its a pleasantly mild day here with little more than the occasional stiff breeze)
I write a bit on AO3

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #12819 on: December 07, 2015, 09:08:06 AM »

Stay inside, keep away from the windows, keep a torch/flashlight handy and everything should be fine!
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #12820 on: December 07, 2015, 09:22:05 AM »
o___________o

Heh. Yeah...

me, picking up an academic text, deciding to read it:

text:
*is in danish*

me:
bye

i also registered for the next semester... one of the subjects i had put set up (over a year ago) was "classical literature" and im like UM IM GONNA REGRET THIS I SHOULD PROBABLY CHANGE IT TO SOMETHING ELSE... but idk to what and how so i.. clicked the registration ok button anyway....... just heck me up. welcome to the trainwreck museum

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12821 on: December 07, 2015, 09:28:25 AM »
SectoBoss - Pretty sure that my brother goes to the same university as you, and seeing this stuff reminded me to wish him well in his exams :P (and by "wish him well" I meant "encourage him to cheat by any means possible and give terrible life advice", I'm a great big sister I am). Best of luck to you and Haiz on your upcoming doom ^_^ Although they may seem like it at times, exams *aren't* actually the end of the world :o , and hey, at least you'll have them out of the way in time to relax for winter vacation :3

Oh wow Laufey, that does not seem like great weather to have to deal with o.O Hope you stay safe, Purple Wyrm gave some good advice. Icelandic windows don't happen to have storm shutters do they?
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #12822 on: December 07, 2015, 09:47:40 AM »
i also registered for the next semester... one of the subjects i had put set up (over a year ago) was "classical literature" and im like UM IM GONNA REGRET THIS I SHOULD PROBABLY CHANGE IT TO SOMETHING ELSE... but idk to what and how so i.. clicked the registration ok button anyway....... just heck me up. welcome to the trainwreck museum

Classical literature? So, like... Greek/Roman stuff? Or does the term mean something different in your area? I had a couple classes on that and loved it, though it was a bit of a handful, but if it really isn't your thing, it might very well be trainwreck city. Godspeed. :Va
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12823 on: December 07, 2015, 09:54:19 AM »
Oh wow Laufey, that does not seem like great weather to have to deal with o.O Hope you stay safe, Purple Wyrm gave some good advice. Icelandic windows don't happen to have storm shutters do they?

They don't, actually, although Icelanders love HUGE windows. We're talking about a wall made of glass -sizes here, the street where I live is like a long line of aquariums.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #12824 on: December 07, 2015, 09:55:02 AM »
Classical literature? So, like... Greek/Roman stuff? Or does the term mean something different in your area? I had a couple classes on that and loved it, though it was a bit of a handful, but if it really isn't your thing, it might very well be trainwreck city. Godspeed. :Va

yes, that's exactly what it means. I think the subject is interesting, but my problem lies in how hard it is for me to actually read the texts... how did I even become a student I don't understand