Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409262 times)

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #12720 on: December 02, 2015, 11:33:03 AM »
I'm so sick of conference calls
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #12721 on: December 02, 2015, 11:36:01 AM »
I just had to ask a customer to stop eating our frames. :D
It's... surely not the main remark you'll have to repeat to your customers :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #12722 on: December 02, 2015, 11:46:45 AM »
It looks like it's a place to store important information and documents kind of like you would at the bank. Like a saftey deposit box on your phone. Then the idea is that you can get access to them anywhere and also transfer them to other people if you need to. Then they talk about how it's better for the environment to send letters this way.

Does that help?
It does, thanks, but it does not (yet) match the information that pointed me to it in the first place. What you describe is something I'ld call an "online document safe", plus the option to transfer said documents to someone else as long as they're already another registered user of the service.

My reference claims that e-Boks "turned mandatory" (in whatever form) in November 2014 and that "over 2 million citizens receive their pay slip every month in e-Boks", which sounds more like a general post service slated to replace normal, paper-based mail ... ?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #12723 on: December 02, 2015, 12:02:32 PM »
It does, thanks, but it does not (yet) match the information that pointed me to it in the first place. What you describe is something I'ld call an "online document safe", plus the option to transfer said documents to someone else as long as they're already another registered user of the service.

My reference claims that e-Boks "turned mandatory" (in whatever form) in November 2014 and that "over 2 million citizens receive their pay slip every month in e-Boks", which sounds more like a general post service slated to replace normal, paper-based mail ... ?

It says that it can be used for mail, monthly payslips would make sense because that is a document that is transferable.
I just switched from mobile to desktop, if you scroll all the way to the bottom their site has an english option, and this quote is only on the english version: "All residents over 15 must have a digital mailbox."
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #12724 on: December 02, 2015, 12:15:03 PM »
Potatoes are for stealing!

*brandishes knife* Nei.

Could someone please throw me a bit of basic information (or point me to it, as long as it's in a language I understand ...) about the Danish Post's e-Boks project?

We have e-boks in Norway and Sweden too. If it's similar in more than name I don't know.

saftey deposit box

Yum!

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12725 on: December 02, 2015, 12:18:06 PM »
today in Trondheim Winter Cycle: my entire street (?) has turned into wet, slippery ice.

this is what it looked like when i left home today, but on my way back the only light i had to see from, was that of windows and decorated trees. and also that last part is slightly uphill. wh e e e eee
you'll know where to find me.

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #12726 on: December 02, 2015, 12:34:12 PM »
today in Trondheim Winter Cycle: my entire street (?) has turned into wet, slippery ice.

Oh, lovely.  For certain sarcastic values of lovely

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12727 on: December 02, 2015, 03:12:34 PM »
That sounds like something a villain would say.

I can live with that.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #12728 on: December 02, 2015, 03:16:34 PM »

I can live with that.

Run Laufey run!
we can go get haiz's clothes next
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 03:20:27 PM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #12729 on: December 02, 2015, 03:33:01 PM »
now that's some quality art reflexing.

we can go get haiz's clothes next

mrr
you'll know where to find me.

JoB

« Reply #12730 on: December 02, 2015, 04:09:21 PM »
I just switched from mobile to desktop, if you scroll all the way to the bottom their site has an english option
... believe it or not, I had entirely missed that language selector. 8) (So had my cow-orkers, who did put the page through Google Translate.) Thanks again.

So, it's a system with personal (mainly recipient) accounts tied to a unique lifetime ID (the "NemID" also used by the registration offices) and corporate (mainly sender) accounts only for approved companies; personal users can select who they wish to receive mail via e-boks from per branch of trade, except the compulsory availability for messages from the public administrations:

In June 2012, the Danish Parliament enacted the Public Digital Post Act, which makes it compulsory for citizens and companies to be able to receive mail from public authorities digitally. [...] This means that after this date, it will not be possible to cancel Digital Post. It is compulsory for you to be able to receive Digital Post from public authorities. However, there are rules on general exemptions from the receipt of Digital Post.
-- http://www.e-boks.dk/help_overview.aspx

And, so help me God, even on the English pages, they do publicly exemplify a participating company by the name of "Dong Energy". 8)

We have e-boks in Norway and Sweden too. If it's similar in more than name I don't know.
[Tries the .no and .se variants of the .dk domain]

Those seem to be operated by (NO) or at least have been founded (SE) by the same company, Post Danmark / PostNord. Weird that the language selector always only offers you the local Scandinavian language or English, not all four straight up ...
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

JoB

« Reply #12731 on: December 02, 2015, 04:28:28 PM »
and also that last part is slightly uphill. wh e e e eee
Yaaaay!

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #12732 on: December 02, 2015, 05:40:12 PM »
I can't stop listening to the Hamilton cast album

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #12733 on: December 02, 2015, 07:22:31 PM »
I'm in the middle of the city with a group of friends watching a light show on the parliament building and listening to christmas carols. It's wonderful.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #12734 on: December 02, 2015, 07:34:16 PM »
i drew a borzoinicorn i think it's time for bed

i can and will draw literally any kind of unicorn
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:05:45 PM by Haiz »