Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411368 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #12435 on: November 20, 2015, 06:43:39 PM »
How to know you're back home after sport : discovering and counting bruises...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #12436 on: November 20, 2015, 07:21:44 PM »
Sh-shut up it's not like I like Sigrun or anything... b-baka...
Soooooooo, no problem sharing her a bit as she tours the entire continent for a change?

All you need is the proper bait, you see ...

... though that might have a best-before date you don't want to forget, either ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #12437 on: November 20, 2015, 07:33:25 PM »
.is the oil too hot/not hot enough? Way to check is to drop in a small cube of bread. If it browns within ten seconds without burning, it's okay.
The way I've been taught is to put the handle end of the wooden spoon you're using, anyway

(note: rather porous wood) into the oil. If it blisters, it's ready for frying.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #12438 on: November 20, 2015, 08:33:57 PM »
Sister decided to teach me and mom to knit.
Me: Um. OK. Confusing. Wait, I'm getting the hang of this. I got i-- whoops there should not be 2 strings there. Oh wait never mind it's OK.
Mom: ;_; why
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #12439 on: November 20, 2015, 08:41:14 PM »
Sister decided to teach me and mom to knit.
Me: Um. OK. Confusing. Wait, I'm getting the hang of this. I got i-- whoops there should not be 2 strings there. Oh wait never mind it's OK.
Mom: ;_; why

My grandma taught me and my sister to knit. She showed me and I managed to figure it out ok. Then she was helping my sister and she couldn't figure it out so my grandma decided to knit a few rows for her. Then she handed it back to my sister who seemed to be fine. Grandma turned back to check on me, then turned back to my sister after helping me and my sister had unknit everything my grandma had just done. It went on like this all day.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12440 on: November 20, 2015, 10:00:57 PM »
YAY KNITTING!!
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Mélusine

« Reply #12441 on: November 21, 2015, 04:13:53 AM »
YAY KNITTING!!
*Looks behind her* I miss knitting. Maybe today...

Noodly, my grandmother tried to teach me how to knit when I was a left-handed teenager. Fail.
Three or four years after, I tried to understand how to knit (still left-handed) with a nice and simple kit to make a scarf. Success, but fail as soon as I tried an other stitch.
I was 25 for my last try and when I began to understood how to knit (always left-handed) ::) (Complicated time in my life, I had to keep my hands busy with something, why not knitting ?) So I assume there are sometimes bad time and good time for learning something :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #12442 on: November 21, 2015, 05:58:37 AM »
I started to learn how to knit but I kept doing yarn overs the wrong direction because it's a bit different from crochet's yarn over, and then I had to put my scarf aside for a few months and when I had time again I was terrified to mess it up because I couldn't remember which one was knit and which was purl, and I was in a different country from the person who started teaching me, so I never learned how to bind off... Someday I will figure it out. Until then, I must be content with being awesome at crocheting.
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #12443 on: November 21, 2015, 05:59:43 AM »
Apparently research has found out that genetics play a part in making Finns exceptionally crazy when drunk. There's a gene mutation exclusive to Finnish people that make people lose control under the influence of alcohol because serotonin loses its effect.

I for one think it's funny that the Finnish contribution to the X-Men project would be a rowdy drunk person (aka SATW Finland).

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12444 on: November 21, 2015, 06:07:32 AM »
I for one think it's funny that the Finnish contribution to the X-Men project would be a rowdy drunk person (aka SATW Finland).

You say it now but wait until you come across a superhero who's indestructible (or at least feels no pain), unpredictable, alternates between aggressive and weepy and slurs so badly you have no idea what it is s/he wants you to do... :D

EDIT: I was reading back on this thread and HOW DID I MISS THIS PERFECT RESPONSE TO MY EARLIER SCREAMING I DON'T KNOW, ANYWAY -

well played Rabbit, well played.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 06:26:28 AM by Laufey »
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #12445 on: November 21, 2015, 06:48:53 AM »
You say it now but wait until you come across a superhero who's indestructible (or at least feels no pain), unpredictable, alternates between aggressive and weepy and slurs so badly you have no idea what it is s/he wants you to do... :D

Emotional Finnish Drunk - Not the hero we need but the hero we all deserve.

Would be a good Onepunch-Man spinoff actually.

Mélusine

« Reply #12446 on: November 21, 2015, 06:50:05 AM »
I started to learn how to knit but I kept doing yarn overs the wrong direction because it's a bit different from crochet's yarn over, and then I had to put my scarf aside for a few months and when I had time again I was terrified to mess it up because I couldn't remember which one was knit and which was purl, and I was in a different country from the person who started teaching me, so I never learned how to bind off... Someday I will figure it out. Until then, I must be content with being awesome at crocheting.
Meanwhile, I'm still unable to understand how to obtain something with an hook...

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12447 on: November 21, 2015, 06:52:55 AM »
Emotional Finnish Drunk - Not the hero we need but the hero we all deserve.

Would be a good Onepunch-Man spinoff actually.

Naruto already got there with Rock Lee's drunk-fu...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #12448 on: November 21, 2015, 09:02:26 AM »
I can now say from experience that falling up the escalator is a bad idea...
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12449 on: November 21, 2015, 09:22:50 AM »

*crocheting hi-five* I've been able to make wonky squares by knitting, but I much prefer crochet. It just works more easily for me!

I can now say from experience that falling up the escalator is a bad idea...

Ouch. *hands Auleliel bandages*
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!