Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2424722 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #12450 on: November 21, 2015, 09:37:19 AM »
I can now say from experience that falling up the escalator is a bad idea...

I thought falling backwards down the escy was the worse idea.

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #12451 on: November 21, 2015, 09:41:32 AM »
*crocheting hi-five* I've been able to make wonky squares by knitting, but I much prefer crochet. It just works more easily for me!

Ouch. *hands Auleliel bandages*
*high-fives with uninjured hand and accepts bandages gratefully*
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12452 on: November 21, 2015, 09:53:59 AM »

I'm pretty sure face first is the worst though. No personal experience but I once had to call an ambulance for a guy who was at first monkeying around on the escalator, lost his grip and fell on his face on it. Euuuuhhh now I started hearing the sound of head hitting escalator again, better find some music to drown it with. -.-

On a happier topic I have just returned victorious from a fabric hunting trip! I'll post some results in the cosplay thread once I get this thing done. :))
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #12453 on: November 21, 2015, 10:15:30 AM »
My life flashed before my eyes...
Even just forwards near the top, it was terrifying.
I am very lucky to only be battered and bruised. My head and appendages seem not to be bleeding anywhere, at least not externally.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #12454 on: November 21, 2015, 10:25:55 AM »
I'm pretty sure face first is the worst though. No personal experience but I once had to call an ambulance for a guy who was at first monkeying around on the escalator, lost his grip and fell on his face on it. Euuuuhhh now I started hearing the sound of head hitting escalator again, better find some music to drown it with. -.-

Sure, if you do faceplant into the escalator you're gonna have a bad time, but at least you have a chance to stop your fall with your arms. If you fall backwards and land with the base of your skull onto the step it's all over.

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12455 on: November 21, 2015, 10:41:20 AM »
*crocheting hi-five* I've been able to make wonky squares by knitting, but I much prefer crochet. It just works more easily for me!

Yay for team crochet!
I can't knit (yet), but crochet a lot. (if you haven't noticed  ::)) I learned it from the internet - my mother tried to show me the basics, but I couldn't follow, then I found a good crochet lesson with pictures (not a video), and I'm hooked ever since.

Mélusine - it's not impossible to crochet with left hand. I'm actually practicing it (still clumsy), because I want to teach one of my best friends' daughter, who's a leftie.

I am very lucky to only be battered and bruised. My head and appendages seem not to be bleeding anywhere, at least not externally.

Ouch!
Get better! (and I restrain from the Mikkel-style jokes...)
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #12456 on: November 21, 2015, 10:53:28 AM »
Yay for team crochet!
I can't knit (yet), but crochet a lot. (if you haven't noticed  ::)) I learned it from the internet - my mother tried to show me the basics, but I couldn't follow, then I found a good crochet lesson with pictures (not a video), and I'm hooked ever since.

Mélusine - it's not impossible to crochet with left hand. I'm actually practicing it (still clumsy), because I want to teach one of my best friends' daughter, who's a leftie.

Ouch!
Get better! (and I restrain from the Mikkel-style jokes...)
My best friend is a lefty and quite accomplished at crochet.

And thank you. :)

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #12457 on: November 21, 2015, 11:02:26 AM »

oAo

*packs Aul in cotton and hisses at anything that tries to approach if it isn't carrying lallis, coffee, or chocolate potato chips*
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #12458 on: November 21, 2015, 11:10:57 AM »
oAo

*packs Aul in cotton and hisses at anything that tries to approach if it isn't carrying lallis, coffee, or chocolate potato chips*
Thank you. Being packed in cotton is a good idea. And so is the rest of that... :)

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12459 on: November 21, 2015, 01:29:39 PM »
I started to learn how to knit but I kept doing yarn overs the wrong direction because it's a bit different from crochet's yarn over, and then I had to put my scarf aside for a few months and when I had time again I was terrified to mess it up because I couldn't remember which one was knit and which was purl, and I was in a different country from the person who started teaching me, so I never learned how to bind off... Someday I will figure it out. Until then, I must be content with being awesome at crocheting.

I can relate. I've had a scarf sitting on my loom waiting to be cast off since... what was it, January? (I have no experience with proper knitting, though)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #12460 on: November 21, 2015, 01:48:38 PM »
I started to learn how to knit but I kept doing yarn overs the wrong direction because it's a bit different from crochet's yarn over, and then I had to put my scarf aside for a few months and when I had time again I was terrified to mess it up because I couldn't remember which one was knit and which was purl, and I was in a different country from the person who started teaching me, so I never learned how to bind off... Someday I will figure it out. Until then, I must be content with being awesome at crocheting.

Yay, crocheting! (despite the fact I haven't touched my crochet hooks since...a long time ago) I was horrible at knitting when I was younger, also because I had learned crocheting first and kept messing up the yarn over (and dropping stitches all over the place). And for the longest time I had no idea how to bind off.

I'm slightly more competent now, but except for a brief phase where I was obsessed with cables the only things I've knitted are tiny squares.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12461 on: November 21, 2015, 01:59:55 PM »

Oh, me too! I'm trying to learn leftie crochet so I can teach my roommate, who knits but wanted to learn crochet too.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #12462 on: November 21, 2015, 02:02:07 PM »
*Needs a teacher*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12463 on: November 21, 2015, 07:10:56 PM »
next up on weird tumblr asks I get: someone asking me how much i like curry on a scale from 1-10

and i'm like............ the food or the person

(for the record, i rate the food on 8-9 if it's not spicy, and the person off scale somewhere)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 07:13:59 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #12464 on: November 21, 2015, 07:18:34 PM »
next up on weird tumblr asks I get: someone asking me how much i like curry on a scale from 1-10

and i'm like............ the food or the person

(for the record, i rate the food on 8-9 if it's not spicy, and the person off scale somewhere)

STRIKES POSE

I WAS SUMMONED
YEET