Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411277 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #11520 on: October 16, 2015, 03:07:27 PM »
I knew what it was before I clicked it, and then I went and suffered through it for some weird nostalgia reason so... a possible Fimby yes for once. :D

* Feartheviolas worries about Laufey's sanity
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11521 on: October 16, 2015, 03:09:44 PM »
* Feartheviolas worries about Laufey's sanity

You know you don't have to worry about things that don't exist right?
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11522 on: October 16, 2015, 03:10:29 PM »
AAAHHH FIMBY NOOOO HOW DARE YOU.

*Chuckles*

Which. Seat. Indeed, Rebecca.

weird nostalgia reason

You like Rebecca Black!?

You.... are not a human being. This is your humanity membership card and I'm tearing it in two.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #11523 on: October 16, 2015, 03:11:34 PM »
You.... are not a human being. This is your humanity membership card and I'm tearing it in two.
You know you don't have to worry about things that don't exist right?

* Feartheviolas fears for the existence of Iceland and surrounding areas.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11524 on: October 16, 2015, 03:21:39 PM »
You like Rebecca Black!?

* Feartheviolas fears for the existence of Iceland and surrounding areas.

Arguably I am a troll, at least ssssona-wise, so blep to the both of you. :Þ
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #11525 on: October 17, 2015, 03:51:15 AM »
Homework update:
Still...planning to start the research essay that was due yesterday. It is currently 6.50pm.
:I
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11526 on: October 17, 2015, 09:54:39 AM »
OrigamiOwl Mmmm, isn't it too early for worrying? :D

One excellent thing I discovered: there is a reindeer farm near to my city. A REINDEER FARM GOSH. The worst thing i discovered too: strangers are not allowed to visit this magic place. Stupid rules, I'm sure these sweet-sweet reindeers will be happy to see me. Anyway I'll figure out how to sneak in, because reindeers. I'm ready to lie, to fight or to cry. Or all at once. (It worked with moose farm, it'll work again).

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #11527 on: October 17, 2015, 11:10:08 AM »
Welp, today I nearly lost my temper - and I mean really lost my temper - at a customer at the bookshop I volunteer at. Without wanting to go into too much detail, the charity has organised a music event and he wanted a programme of what was going to be on. A reasonable request to be sure, except someone had forgotten to print these programmes out, or maybe even make them in the first place. You can get it online easily enough, but hey, some people want paper copies, I understand that. So he comes in, asks for one, I apologise and say we don't have any and direct him to the copy online.
And over the next two minutes he just seems determined to hold me responsible for this administrative cock-up, despite the fact that I'm just the guy who sits at the till for two hours before scurrying off to sort books in the back. All I can do is apologise on behalf of the charity, but he seems determined to extract an apology from me personally. I very nearly snapped (which would have involved a lot of cursing on my end) before another customer turned up and I was able to do the old "I'd love to keep arguing with you, you decrepit old fart, but I need to ring this through the till" routine.
So yeah, that's probably why I should never be in a customer service position. On the plus side, my day can only get better! (...right?)

One excellent thing I discovered: there is a reindeer farm near to my city.
A reindeer farm? I didn't even know you could farm them in the first place. That definitely sounds worth sneaking in to!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #11528 on: October 17, 2015, 11:18:08 AM »
Oh yeah, we have a reindeer farm the next town or two over! Reindeer are beautiful.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11529 on: October 17, 2015, 11:44:20 AM »
A reindeer farm? I didn't even know you could farm them in the first place. That definitely sounds worth sneaking in to!

The Sami have been ranching with reindeers for thousands of years. Even the Vikings did it. You can find mention of reindeer livestock in the oldest written source about Norway; Ottar's account to the King of Wessex.

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #11530 on: October 17, 2015, 12:53:42 PM »
The Sami have been ranching with reindeers for thousands of years. Even the Vikings did it. You can find mention of reindeer livestock in the oldest written source about Norway; Ottar's account to the King of Wessex.
I guess it makes a lot of sense now I think about it, it just seems like such a weird thing to someone whose mental index card for reindeer doesn't contain a whole lot more than something like 'Christmas mules'...
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #11531 on: October 17, 2015, 03:48:58 PM »
AHHHH GUYS IT'S SNOWING I'M SO HAPPY THIS IS WONDERFUL YAY SNOW!!!!!!!!!

Mélusine

« Reply #11532 on: October 17, 2015, 04:00:22 PM »
AHHHH GUYS IT'S SNOWING I'M SO HAPPY THIS IS WONDERFUL YAY SNOW!!!!!!!!!
é_è *Hadn't see snow since pfff, the few snowflakes during five minutes last winter doesn't count*
Enjoy the snow, Vi :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11533 on: October 17, 2015, 04:02:36 PM »
é_è *Hadn't see snow since pfff, the few snowflakes during five minutes last winter doesn't count*
Enjoy the snow, Vi :)

It loses a lot of its charm when you have to dig your car free every Monday.

Mélusine

« Reply #11534 on: October 17, 2015, 04:19:45 PM »
It loses a lot of its charm when you have to dig your car free every Monday.
Probably... And my reaction is probably because I'm not used to your kind of snow.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: