Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387583 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #11460 on: October 14, 2015, 03:48:06 PM »

NTNU is split into two main campuses - Dragvoll (history, language, psychology, etc - my campus) and Gløshaugen (physics, chemistry, math, etc). There is a sort of rivalry between these, on dragvoll toilet doors someone is advertising for their blog "behind the enemy lines: a dragvolling's life on gløs". Gløshaugen is, funnily enough, often nicknamed Hogwarts because of how the main building looks.

I found the right building! Thanks to my scrawled down """"map"""" I made before leaving the house, and starting to look an hour before meeting. Go me

Heh. A student colleague of mine used to refer to the Faculty of Science and Mathematics as the "Nerd Fortress".

I have a ridiculous affliction called 'Downton Abbey'. I say ridiculous because I have no interest in TV dramas. Yet here I am, totally immersed in the series because a friend insisted that I at least try it.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11461 on: October 14, 2015, 03:54:03 PM »
I have a ridiculous affliction called 'Downton Abbey'. I say ridiculous because I have no interest in TV dramas. Yet here I am, totally immersed in the series because a friend insisted that I at least try it.

AAAHHHHH DOWNTON ABBEY!!! I am the same. I don't usually watch dramas. I don't usually watch tv at all actually (shhh all those around for my Hannibal binge) BUT DOWNTON ABBEY. HOW FAR ARE YOU?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11462 on: October 14, 2015, 03:59:37 PM »
I don't usually watch tv at all actually (shhh all those around for my Hannibal binge) BUT DOWNTON ABBEY. HOW FAR ARE YOU?

That's me to a T. I almost never watch TV. I'm at S1 episode 4.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11463 on: October 14, 2015, 04:03:22 PM »
Today was just... fail. I thought yesterday was fail but no, today failed 500 times harder. Nothing big though, just an avalanche of small fails that nevertheless was an avalanche and as such kinda annoying. Anyway.

- I finished a few pieces that were a bit difficult, but hey no probs, ready, packaged, sms to the customer.
- except when customer came to pick them up our card reader had stopped working. I was alone in the shop and entirely out of ideas because the reader is a bit unusual type, so I called for advice while customer made some worried remarks that she was in a hurry. We settled for an invoice, which is not ideal but in the situation p much the only option (+ naturally lots of apologies because it was really bothersome for the customer).
- Another customer came in bringing an order so unlike anything I'd seen before, so I had no way of entering it to the system. Now I only hope I managed to write everything down right...
- I almost fell off a ladder twice.
- I went to send a parcel, first forgetting the recipient's address inside the box, then being so harebrained that I forgot to take the receipt with the tracking number on it. Post office lady saved me.
- I ran out of work right after midday. This might not sound like a problem but I'm bad at sitting still with nothing to do, and this is also what resulted to the ladder incidents (I started cleaning up the upper shelves).
- AND WORST OF ALL. I finally got coffee for the coffee maker we have there and then... and then something happens, don't know what but I suspect the renovations next door, and there's NO WATER. At least I got one cup made before that happened. -.-
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11464 on: October 14, 2015, 04:18:36 PM »
That's me to a T. I almost never watch TV. I'm at S1 episode 4.

Ok I won't spoil anything for you (I'm on season 6) but it's totally worth it. I started watching back when it was on season 2, and it has been around for 5 years of my life. I'm a bit sad that it's in its last season now. I mean, that show taught me what an under butler was.

everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11465 on: October 14, 2015, 04:24:28 PM »
Today was just... fail. I thought yesterday was fail but no, today failed 500 times harder. Nothing big though, just an avalanche of small fails that nevertheless was an avalanche and as such kinda annoying. Anyway.

- I finished a few pieces that were a bit difficult, but hey no probs, ready, packaged, sms to the customer.
- except when customer came to pick them up our card reader had stopped working. I was alone in the shop and entirely out of ideas because the reader is a bit unusual type, so I called for advice while customer made some worried remarks that she was in a hurry. We settled for an invoice, which is not ideal but in the situation p much the only option (+ naturally lots of apologies because it was really bothersome for the customer).
- Another customer came in bringing an order so unlike anything I'd seen before, so I had no way of entering it to the system. Now I only hope I managed to write everything down right...
- I almost fell off a ladder twice.
- I went to send a parcel, first forgetting the recipient's address inside the box, then being so harebrained that I forgot to take the receipt with the tracking number on it. Post office lady saved me.
- I ran out of work right after midday. This might not sound like a problem but I'm bad at sitting still with nothing to do, and this is also what resulted to the ladder incidents (I started cleaning up the upper shelves).
- AND WORST OF ALL. I finally got coffee for the coffee maker we have there and then... and then something happens, don't know what but I suspect the renovations next door, and there's NO WATER. At least I got one cup made before that happened. -.-

Silly you, no cause to worry about any of that. Okay, maybe the almost falling down a ladder twice part is a bit silly, that kills people you know. As for the customer being in a hurry, well, you know the customer is not always right. If she's in such a darn hurry maybe she should manage her time better. As for the coffee, that's only a problem because you've let yourself become addicted to it.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #11466 on: October 14, 2015, 04:26:48 PM »
(snop)

Eesh, sounds pretty trying. But now work's over and you can relax with us, right? /ruffle
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #11467 on: October 14, 2015, 04:33:32 PM »
Yikes, sounds like a bad day. Ah well, at least it's over now!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #11468 on: October 14, 2015, 04:34:06 PM »
So I just realized I'm almost to ranger rank. Woot!
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #11469 on: October 14, 2015, 04:37:11 PM »
>snip!<

The day inhaled vigorously, and you're still here.  Declare victory.  ;)

Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11470 on: October 14, 2015, 05:38:56 PM »
Eesh, sounds pretty trying. But now work's over and you can relax with us, right? /ruffle
Yikes, sounds like a bad day. Ah well, at least it's over now!
The day inhaled vigorously, and you're still here.  Declare victory.  ;)

Yes and good riddance. :P Btw I love it how there's sympathy (with ruffles) and then there's -

As for the coffee, that's only a problem because you've let yourself become addicted to it.

- Fim. LA LA LA DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M LISTENING TO YOU

(My coffee addiction is not the problem, lack of coffee is the problem. I can live in denial forever as long as I live forever.)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

« Reply #11471 on: October 14, 2015, 05:48:14 PM »
While I'm still waiting to learn more about the character I'll have to play in... ten days, I just received a mail, asking me a photo. A photo ? Haaaaaaa, why, why, why ? T_T *Hates taking photos of herself maybe more than having to smile to a camera someone else is using. Decides to procrastinate this until tomorrow*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
« Reply #11472 on: October 14, 2015, 09:19:29 PM »
While I'm still waiting to learn more about the character I'll have to play in... ten days, I just received a mail, asking me a photo. A photo ? Haaaaaaa, why, why, why ? T_T *Hates taking photos of herself maybe more than having to smile to a camera someone else is using. Decides to procrastinate this until tomorrow*

Wasn't there a lovely photo of you in a long gown in one of your friend's exploration buildings? :D Or the smiling close-up from Prague? :)  Why take a selfie when you are already so well represented?  ???
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  

Mélusine

« Reply #11473 on: October 15, 2015, 04:41:56 AM »
Wasn't there a lovely photo of you in a long gown in one of your friend's exploration buildings? :D Or the smiling close-up from Prague? :)  Why take a selfie when you are already so well represented?  ???
Because they ask a character's photo, so I have to be dressed in black. It's something for helping the players to know who is who. I... *Look to the very sad weather outside* I'll do it. Maybe in an hour or two... (Hello, procrastination when it comes about an unpleasant task...)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
« Reply #11474 on: October 15, 2015, 09:20:16 AM »
Because they ask a character's photo, so I have to be dressed in black. It's something for helping the players to know who is who. I... *Look to the very sad weather outside* I'll do it. Maybe in an hour or two... (Hello, procrastination when it comes about an unpleasant task...)
Ah.  Too bad you can't simply open an existing photo in an editor, and change the clothing color.
           Chapter Breaks Survived: