Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409617 times)

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #11430 on: October 12, 2015, 02:58:54 PM »
Well, I'm thankful for you and all the other wonderful Canadians in this Forum.  Solovei, Luth Nightbreeze, Vafhudr, Ana, Yuuago, your hockey-playing sister -- who am I forgetting? 

Sunflower, while I am flattered, I am not in fact Canadian. My Thanksgiving is still a month or so away ;)

Though as long as we're saying it, I'm incredibly thankful for this forum. You're all wonderful and nice and creative, and you inspire me to do a lot more than I'd ordinarily do. So thank you ^-^
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11431 on: October 12, 2015, 03:02:53 PM »
Sunflower, while I am flattered, I am not in fact Canadian. My Thanksgiving is still a month or so away ;)

Though as long as we're saying it, I'm incredibly thankful for this forum. You're all wonderful and nice and creative, and you inspire me to do a lot more than I'd ordinarily do. So thank you ^-^

Ana is an honorary canadian :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11432 on: October 12, 2015, 04:56:33 PM »
i just felt my first earthquake o__o

(there was a loud noise and some sort of vibration, and it's not unusual because they keep building things everywhere around here, but not at this time of the day...)
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11433 on: October 12, 2015, 05:25:14 PM »

(there was a loud noise and some sort of vibration, and it's not unusual because they keep building things everywhere around here, but not at this time of the day...)

Magnitude 3 (+/-).

Big for Norway (though nothing compared to the Svalbard quake), but very minor overall.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #11434 on: October 12, 2015, 05:26:52 PM »
Magnitude 3 (+/-).

Big for Norway, but very minor overall.

I'm mostly flabbergasted that we can get earthquakes, too

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11435 on: October 12, 2015, 05:39:43 PM »

I'm mostly flabbergasted that we can get earthquakes, too

Norway has the largest frequency of quakes in Northern Europe (not counting Iceland because, well, they're all the way over there). You just won't notice most of them because they are usually minor and usually also very deep.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #11436 on: October 12, 2015, 05:47:32 PM »
Norway has the largest frequency of quakes in Northern Europe (not counting Iceland because, well, they're all the way over there). You just won't notice most of them because they are usually minor and usually also very deep.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11437 on: October 12, 2015, 05:54:30 PM »

Besides it would be kind of unfair to include Iceland, it would probably beat you guys in five minutes. This country is sorta expert at this game!

Meanwhile in Iceland: three grade A cats saved a mother and daughter from a house fire by waking them up in the nick of time. You can see a video of the daring rescue operation of these blessed felines themselves at the bottom of the page (all three survived).
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
« Reply #11438 on: October 12, 2015, 06:09:58 PM »

Ugh, earthquakes are awful. Once there was a 6.5 magnitude one 30 km from where I was; it was really terrifying.
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #11439 on: October 12, 2015, 06:39:49 PM »
Ana is an honorary canadian :)

I accept this honor with gratitude, humility, and a Canadian flag cut out of a maple leaf:

Little earthquakes like that are weird. We had a series of earthquakes like that a couple of years ago, because it turns out there's a minor fault a few towns over. Fortunately, it's minor enough that nothing more than a little rumble ever happens.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #11440 on: October 12, 2015, 06:41:08 PM »
The only earthquake I've been in was when I was really little, so I didn't remember it. Apparently, though, instead of being scared, I was just SO MAD
like, EXCUSE YOU, ground, it's your freaking JOB to stay in one place. That's your whole point. So WHY ARE YOU SO BAD AT THAT??? This is NOT ALLOWED.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11441 on: October 12, 2015, 06:58:48 PM »
I accept this honor with gratitude, humility, and a Canadian flag cut out of a maple leaf:

EEEEEEE! Yay! You made it! It's beautiful! Thank you for listening to my crazy ideas XD
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #11442 on: October 13, 2015, 02:13:53 AM »
Guess who had just drawn a whole minicomic for tomorrow's class, and at 1:30 AM realized that the paper she was using couldn't take ink? Hint: it's me.
* Piney softly whimpers

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #11443 on: October 13, 2015, 07:08:39 AM »
Guess who had just drawn a whole minicomic for tomorrow's class, and at 1:30 AM realized that the paper she was using couldn't take ink? Hint: it's me.
* Piney softly whimpers

Trace it onto better paper! You can use computer screens as light sources if you don't mind the possibility of getting ink on your computoot.
YEET

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #11444 on: October 13, 2015, 07:43:24 AM »

Little earthquakes like that are weird. We had a series of earthquakes like that a couple of years ago, because it turns out there's a minor fault a few towns over. Fortunately, it's minor enough that nothing more than a little rumble ever happens.

Woah, that's awesome, but.. how long did that take to do those tiny maple leaf cuts?