Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387673 times)

SectoBoss

• Ranger
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #11325 on: October 10, 2015, 09:30:36 AM »
*whips out notebook*
For reasons of Science, how would you describe the feeling of a broken rib?

Awwyeah. Never been to Britain in the autumn but this is the best season anywhere. My favourite are the cold days that start out wrapped in hoarfrost and slowly turn golden with the sun.
Well, since you ask, really quite painful. A sort of heavy, crushing pain that made me take very, very shallow breaths (although that may have been my overreacting to it) - which, according to the person manning the X-ray machine in the hospital, was no bad thing, because the broken bit got a tad too close too my lungs for comfort.

And ooh, yes, frosty mornings are the best. Frozen dew - beautiful stuff.
(what a weirdly disparate post)
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11326 on: October 10, 2015, 10:46:11 AM »
It's beginning to turn fall-like here. Chilly in the morning and warms up as the sun is out. I love when I can finally wear jeans again and maybe a sweater. <3
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #11327 on: October 10, 2015, 10:51:06 AM »
It's beginning to turn fall-like here. Chilly in the morning and warms up as the sun is out. I love when I can finally wear jeans again and maybe a sweater. <3

Same here, I live for sweaters.

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #11328 on: October 10, 2015, 11:40:28 AM »
Autumn is pretty nice up here in northern Canada, 'cept I'm always kind of on my guard, waiting for it to snow. We haven't had a proper snow yet, but there have been some attempts.

It's even better in the maritime provinces, though. The maples...!
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11329 on: October 10, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »
Autumn is pretty nice up here in northern Canada, 'cept I'm always kind of on my guard, waiting for it to snow. We haven't had a proper snow yet, but there have been some attempts.

It's even better in the maritime provinces, though. The maples...!

My favourite seasons are autumn and winter. Right now it's cold enough that it could snow and I'm very excited for the snow.

You are right about the maritimes. I was in Nova Scotia last autumn and it was beautiful. There are also a lot of ginko trees there and they turn bright yellow.

everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Shine

• Ranger
  • I'm probably a person.
« Reply #11330 on: October 10, 2015, 11:54:50 AM »
Our nice strong winter wind is already starting up, which is kind of a problem because there's a big boat-race tomorrow and it could cause accidents.
But I love it anyway, yes I do, yes I do little Bora, yes I do!

Edit: my windows started rattling so I feel I have to apologise for calling a big strong air-movement like the Bora little. I'm really sorry.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 11:57:23 AM by Shine »
Native :italy:
Fluent :uk: :germany:
Want to learn :norway: :finland:

Survived:        :chap5::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #11331 on: October 10, 2015, 01:18:05 PM »
*raises hand for April-birthday high-five* o/

Yeah, true, those kinda storms aren't very enjoyable :/
So jealous right now for that starry view, I'd give a lot to be able to experience that! Especially the auroras, those have to absolutely mind-blowing to witness.
In the end, every season has something nice to go for it, and spring is lovely too, especially when everything starts to bloom, but I could do without the floods and landslides we get during spring and early summer... and the rising heat. ( ¬_¬)

* Curry slides in
AYYYYYY o/
I love every season too, but since I live in Florida, it's more like... two seasons with some really vague rainy shifting periods. It's kind of rainy all the time, though, which makes me happy because R A I N

Same here, I live for sweaters.

Last week I wore sweaters two days in a row despite it being like 85°F outside. NO REGRETS
 I am such a sucker for the sweaters and they make up like half my wardrobe, oops :P
YEET

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #11332 on: October 10, 2015, 01:48:11 PM »
* Curry slides in
AYYYYYY o/
I love every season too, but since I live in Florida, it's more like... two seasons with some really vague rainy shifting periods. It's kind of rainy all the time, though, which makes me happy because R A I N

Last week I wore sweaters two days in a row despite it being like 85°F outside. NO REGRETS
 I am such a sucker for the sweaters and they make up like half my wardrobe, oops :P

I wore sweaters for awhile last week too, but I think it was more ike 50s-70s here? I don't really remember.

Mélusine

« Reply #11333 on: October 10, 2015, 03:41:06 PM »
Facebook, always trying to make me signal that I know more and more persons and failing often but trying again : Do you know (First name) (Last name) ?
Me : No. Oh, wait, it's Curry !
Facebook : Do you know (First name) (Last name) ?
Me : Yes, it's Laufey ^^
Facebook is confused and doesn't understand how I could maybe know suddenly persons in so many country :P
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11334 on: October 10, 2015, 03:48:35 PM »
Facebook, always trying to make me signal that I know more and more persons and failing often but trying again : Do you know (First name) (Last name) ?
Facebook is confused and doesn't understand how I could maybe know suddenly persons in so many country :P

That's ok facebook thinks I went to highschool in denmark and that I live in norway or iceland because I have a lot of friends from there. Also a lot of the stuff on my feed is in finnish... *side glance at Laufey*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Aki

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • rambler of headcanons spouter of ideas
  • Preferred pronouns: (she/her) please don't call me dude, that's all.
« Reply #11335 on: October 10, 2015, 04:10:59 PM »
Shoved my SSSS book into my best friend's hands (she once started reading it but forgot - the blasphemy! - to keep up with it for months and since it was so long ago, she's starting anew). Now currently sharing a couch and watching her read it.

Will liveblog I guess =3=b
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 04:13:23 PM by Aki »
Languages:
fluent: :switzerland: :germany: :france: :uk:
knows: :vaticancity:, ancient :greece:
learned some: :japan:
can read to some extent: :italy: :spain: etc.
wants to learn: :finland:
You may use any of my "Imagine X" or headcanons for your writing or art as long as you link back to me or my original post if you feel like you stayed true to it.
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :book2: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Mélusine

« Reply #11336 on: October 10, 2015, 04:12:28 PM »
Now currently sharing a couch and watching her read it.
No. Pressure. At. All.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #11337 on: October 10, 2015, 04:13:53 PM »

Nyahahaha, yes, I do actually have a facebook now! Erica O'Connor is not in face my real name AT ALL but that's the pseudonym I chose ~3 years ago and I don't know facebook well enough to change it to Curry :P
YEET

Aki

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • rambler of headcanons spouter of ideas
  • Preferred pronouns: (she/her) please don't call me dude, that's all.
« Reply #11338 on: October 10, 2015, 04:17:31 PM »
No. Pressure. At. All.
Your best friend isn't as obsessed with a webcomic as you are? -> Drag them into hell with you. =3=b

(I'm reading another comic book so I'm not actually pressuring her)

She's mid-prologue and regrets that the prologue people won't show up later, she likes the Hotakainens =3=b
Languages:
fluent: :switzerland: :germany: :france: :uk:
knows: :vaticancity:, ancient :greece:
learned some: :japan:
can read to some extent: :italy: :spain: etc.
wants to learn: :finland:
You may use any of my "Imagine X" or headcanons for your writing or art as long as you link back to me or my original post if you feel like you stayed true to it.
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :book2: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Mélusine

« Reply #11339 on: October 10, 2015, 04:20:18 PM »
Nyahahaha, yes, I do actually have a facebook now! Erica O'Connor is not in face my real name AT ALL but that's the pseudonym I chose ~3 years ago and I don't know facebook well enough to change it to Curry :P
You've been betrayed by your avatar and facebook is really wanting me to click because I saw it at least one or twice every day ^^

Your best friend isn't as obsessed with a webcomic as you are? -> Drag them into hell with you. =3=b

(I'm reading another comic book so I'm not actually pressuring her)

She's mid-prologue and regrets that the prologue people won't show up later, she likes the Hotakainens =3=b
Actually my best friend was reading before me without introducing me which is a huge mistake and a very good friend often come home saying "Why hadn't we a page, we're not Wednesday and we don't have a page !" before saying hello ::)
Good, good. She could likes others Hotakainens after.