Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387442 times)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1065 on: November 04, 2014, 07:34:07 PM »
Aww, nooo, that sounds horrible! I can't imagine what that must be like!
It happened all the time, but not to me, until now :( nothing is recorded electronically. Gaaaaaaaaaaaajhhhhhhhhadfhlvfhjxgjk ah man I'm too tired to even be upset.
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1066 on: November 04, 2014, 07:43:43 PM »
Tigers of love X3 hehe
A roofer? Is that.....roofs and stuff? I could never get on a roof ;___; hope your dad's shoulders recover ok! :3

The monks I see wear the maroon and orange robes with little sandals. I've never seen them asking for money though, so they must be doing ok

Edit:
Aggghh I got up so early, ignored all the pulled muscles on my right side (I can barely wLk today it sucks) and came to the city to collect my grades and assignment from the art school, and they'd changed the pick-up date to last week, so my stuff has been thrown out and I'll never know what my grades and feedback were because they write it by hand. And to top it all off I've had to send them a lovely polite email asking them if it's possible they could just tell me what my grade was, and I had to sign that email off with "my sincere thanks" >:(
I've just wasted a whole day that I should be spending to study for my finial French exam, and i just.
I think I'm just going to stay in the art library and cry until my phone battery dies and I have no way of getting home. That's the plan. Aaaaaggh.
Yep.  Roofing is... not fun.  It gets so hot up there that, one time, one of his employees' shoes started melting while they were up there.  The few times he's taken me up there... ugh, never again.  Our monks are travelers who go from place to place, and they cycle around pretty regularly.  They're usually around when it's rainy, so... maybe March or April.

Oh, man, yeah... my highschool and early university classes did stuff like that all the time.  They've stopped, since moving to a new record system, thankfully, but they'd actually start taking points off your assignments if you left them too long. 

Ah, manga. Yes and yes. Read them both, loved them both. Thank you for reminding me.

Aww, nooo, that sounds horrible! I can't imagine what that must be like!
Yeah, I'm not the only one who knows about SaW!  I'm thinking about getting the novels, someday.
Feel free to PM.

Noah O.

• Scout
  • History Geek
« Reply #1067 on: November 04, 2014, 08:07:48 PM »
Have any of you gone to sleep and woken up even more tired than you were before? Because that's what just happened to me.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1068 on: November 04, 2014, 08:21:58 PM »
Have any of you gone to sleep and woken up even more tired than you were before? Because that's what just happened to me.
Yep.  Happens a lot after catching up on lots of sleep at once, for me.  I'll sleep for 15 hours, but feel like crap after I wake up.
Feel free to PM.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #1069 on: November 04, 2014, 10:36:52 PM »
Always happens to me, too. 's why I tend to avoid long bouts of sleep, I spend the whole next day feeling awful.

Mmm, it's thundering here! The weather's that hot, cold, and wet kind. Lots of rain, then nothing at all, then lots of rain again... rather fun.
Am notified of private messages via email.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1070 on: November 04, 2014, 11:13:58 PM »
Always happens to me, too. 's why I tend to avoid long bouts of sleep, I spend the whole next day feeling awful.

Mmm, it's thundering here! The weather's that hot, cold, and wet kind. Lots of rain, then nothing at all, then lots of rain again... rather fun.

When I sleep in, I just want to sleep all day and forever~ o___o right now I think I'm going to sleep in this study desk cubicle thing in the library. U____U

It's been on-and-off pouring here too! But waaaarm, eeeeew it's so yucky and the docks around the art school reek of yucky humid fish smell ;___; blargh!
Maybe your thunderstorm will move south O__O

Development:
After my phone died, I went home, then got an email saying that they had kept my assignment aside for me in their office. So I came all the way back and collected it.
I guess the moral of the story is "ask questions first, go home and cry later" ....and also "being the teachers pet can pay off" -____- uuuugghhhghghghgh
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Noah O.

• Scout
  • History Geek
« Reply #1071 on: November 04, 2014, 11:17:17 PM »
When I sleep in, I just want to sleep all day and forever~ o___o right now I think I'm going to sleep in this study desk cubicle thing in the library. U____U

It's been on-and-off pouring here too! But waaaarm, eeeeew it's so yucky and the docks around the art school reek of yucky humid fish smell ;___; blargh!
Maybe your thunderstorm will move south O__O

Development:
After my phone died, I went home, then got an email saying that they had kept my assignment aside for me in their office. So I came all the way back and collected it.
I guess the moral of the story is "ask questions first, go home and cry later" ....and also "being the teachers pet can pay off" -____- uuuugghhhghghghgh

On a related note, have you ever woken up and felt so tired that you just roll yourself off the bed and roll out the door?

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #1072 on: November 05, 2014, 12:42:53 AM »
I have succeeded in my quest to make "Republican" and "Conservative" sound like insults. I can also do them in a Smeagol voice.

I'd really like to hear that ;).

About shapeshifter is Books:
Sergej Lukanienko wrote "The Nightwatch" Series which include Vampires as well as skinchangers of different sorts (I remeber a tiger and a werewolf, it's been some time I last read the books). They are aimed at people in their late teens/ early adulthood I think, but I still like to read them. I'm not quite sure whether the series finished, but I felt so after the last book :D
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1073 on: November 05, 2014, 01:09:28 AM »

I too, want to read good werewolf literature. ... Tell me if you find anything.

Let me offer you "The Wife's Story," by Ursula K. LeGuin.  (A short story.)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

tedlar

• you're old when you start to choose your battles
« Reply #1074 on: November 05, 2014, 09:08:00 AM »
But BR has a lot of important lessons about the meaning of friendship and being true to yourself! Also kids killing each other left-right and centre, but y'know :P Probably best Ori avoids the manga though, it's rather...adult compared to the novel and film *cough*
If you want something gory, like Battle Royale, I found that Korean movie:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hwayi:_A_Monster_Boy
it is about a boy relation with his "parents"  ;D
A 16-year-old boy who is raised by five criminal fathers to become the perfect assassin.
Then he starts to uncover a huge secret and his tragic destiny.
His life is turned upside down and from that moment on, Hwa-yi vows revenge on his gangster fathers
:uk: / :france:

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #1075 on: November 05, 2014, 12:09:24 PM »
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #1076 on: November 05, 2014, 12:43:42 PM »
I don't have time to read it now, but thanks from me, too - I've liked everything I've read from LeGuin so far (especially The Dispossessed and The Left Hand of Darkness). :)

I'm currently volunteering at the press office at the Karate world championship. It's really hard to handle all the questions, I get to eat and trink too seldom but it is also SO COOL. I've met all the current Kata champions in person, and I've been in the competition area when the German athlete just qualified for the final... awesome.  :) /fangirl mode
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #1077 on: November 06, 2014, 12:09:50 AM »

I'm currently volunteering at the press office at the Karate world championship. It's really hard to handle all the questions, I get to eat and trink too seldom but it is also SO COOL. I've met all the current Kata champions in person, and I've been in the competition area when the German athlete just qualified for the final... awesome.  :) /fangirl mode

That sounds great. I know how stressing working in the press office can be, my boyfriend sometimes went home fell into his bed and never wanted to move again. As he was into some international development organisation at any rate our now nearly died out liberal party members decided something affecting them, he knew what journalists were going to quetion him about.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Noah O.

• Scout
  • History Geek
« Reply #1078 on: November 06, 2014, 12:12:25 AM »
Do you think we should have a debate thread?

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1079 on: November 06, 2014, 12:41:39 AM »
Do you think we should have a debate thread?
I've spoken with a few members about this.  Not for a while.  I'm still assessing the forum as it is, and how all our new members act and react to different things.  I'm going to give a thread like that at least a few more months of analysis.  While I think most of the people here are mature and kind enough to handle it, I know for a fact that I'm not ready for a thread like that on my own forum.  It presents challenges I'm not sure I can handle, and there's too many unknowns for me to feel comfortable with it.  As a courtesy to me, I'd ask that you refrain, for now.
Feel free to PM.