Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387829 times)

eyjafjallajoke

Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10740 on: September 23, 2015, 06:17:26 PM »
It's so hard to go to sleep when you need to be up soon.
I end up staying up until it's like, uh, Ari, you need to get up in 2 hours..

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #10741 on: September 23, 2015, 06:17:49 PM »
ANYWAY
a thing has happened

sunflower kindly -  and prophetically - linked back to this in the meme thread:
and, WELL,,,,
*Takes a look on the thread. Is not sure to understand what's happening. Carefully moves back*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #10742 on: September 23, 2015, 06:18:16 PM »
Facepalm moment of the day: I just put two loads of laundry in the wash, and as the washers were already going, realized I forgot to use detergent. Go me. :P

Y'know, just the agitation alone of the washing machine will do a reasonably good job of cleaning your clothes.  The only issue would be if you had specific stains*, but anything still visibly marked, you can wash again, or just spot-treat.  Really, no harm done -- it's a much more harmless mishap than if you had washed a load of clothes with something that runs.  (I did that in my early days, as have most of us, probably.)

*Wonders what exotic and garish stains an art student's clothes pick up...
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #10743 on: September 23, 2015, 06:22:15 PM »
Majestic Accordion Penguin Troll: The Origins Story

Start there and it goes on for about 2-3 pages. Then Haiz followed up with a drawing, making it all the more real.

Yessss.  Soon the Padawan will surpass the Master.  Soon.  But not yet. 
Locus classicus of "majestic penguin" meme:  https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=5.msg51474#msg51474
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10744 on: September 23, 2015, 06:29:28 PM »
It's a weird feeling being the one member for whom a special tool has been coded :P
well I'm expecting my birthday in january to be quite spectacular. or is that wayy wishful thinking

*Takes a look on the thread. Is not sure to understand what's happening. Carefully moves back*
ah no, its not about the thread. it's about the page
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 06:36:53 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10745 on: September 23, 2015, 06:35:45 PM »
well I'm expecting my birthday in january to be quite spectacular. or is that wayy wishful thinking

Oh don't you worry. We shall think of something.

January high five o/
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10746 on: September 23, 2015, 06:46:39 PM »
Y'know, just the agitation alone of the washing machine will do a reasonably good job of cleaning your clothes.  The only issue would be if you had specific stains*, but anything still visibly marked, you can wash again, or just spot-treat.  Really, no harm done -- it's a much more harmless mishap than if you had washed a load of clothes with something that runs.  (I did that in my early days, as have most of us, probably.)

*Wonders what exotic and garish stains an art student's clothes pick up...

I told my mom, and that's what she said. But any advice is/was already moot at this point... Also, it was literally all the clothes I've worn since the beginning of the month, so I didn't want to risk them being only sorta-clean since it was the majority of my clothes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, you don't even know how much paint I got on my pants and jackets. I got paint on my bedspread, my pillowcase, my headphones... and the wall next to my bed because there was some on my sock. I only have ink this year, but I've heard it's basically impossible to get out of clothes >_>

ah no, its not about the thread. it's about the page

* Piney  is annoyed that her birthday isn't until next summer
EDIT: Ooh, but it'll be my 20th... *eyebrow wiggle*

But also I feel like it isn't something you should ask for or it'll ruin the fun...

« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 06:53:43 PM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #10747 on: September 23, 2015, 06:50:04 PM »
/is annoyed that her birthday isn't until next summer

But also I feel like it isn't something you should ask for or it'll ruin the fun...

Saaame.
..Well, this coming spring. Almost summer, though.

I wish I had a winter birthday, honestly. Or a fall birthday. I don't like summer weather.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 06:55:57 PM by Ari »

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10748 on: September 23, 2015, 06:53:00 PM »
January high five o/
\o
..... except yours is way closer to minna's and she'll totally steal your thunder

ok that was mean. i'd say "I WON'T FORGET YOU" but that sounds like a threat

[me] is annoyed that her birthday isn't until next summer[/me]

eheheh....................... yeah maybe

i was a little bitter that i joined the forum less than two months after my birthday, but hey at least I'll establish myself as fandom famous before the next one : D
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10749 on: September 23, 2015, 06:59:21 PM »
Saaame.

I wish I had a winter birthday, honestly. Or a fall birthday. I don't like summer weather.

I like mine because I'll never have school on my birthday, but the disadvantage is that I'm younger than everyone else and no one knows my birthday. I'm also glad to have a birthday that's nowhere close to Christmas. (it's almost as far away from Christmas as you can get actually)

..... except yours is way closer to minna's and she'll totally steal your thunder

i was a little bitter that i joined the forum less than two months after my birthday, but hey at least I'll establish myself as fandom famous before the next one : D

Define 'fandom famous', because I'm pretty sure most people here know who you are...... ::)

Ok but speaking of stealing birthday thunder, I've never had a birthday to myself my whole life, c'mon

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10750 on: September 23, 2015, 07:02:20 PM »
\o

ok that was mean. i'd say "I WON'T FORGET YOU" but that sounds like a threat

S'okay. I was never one for flashy birthdays anyways. Last year I didn't tell anyone and it almost worked, but then one of the teachers found out and told the whole class and then of course everyone had to sing while I tried to hide :P
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #10751 on: September 23, 2015, 07:03:36 PM »
Saaame.

Another summer-birthday here. : D
... You could always celebrate your half-birthday instead? That would place you closer to winter, right? (Joking, joking. Or am I?)
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #10752 on: September 23, 2015, 07:04:46 PM »
Words per minute (WPM)   70
Keystrokes   372
(348 | 24)
Correct words   67
Wrong words   4
You are better than 89.57% of all users
You mentioned typing. I was curious. I am bad at typing on a laptop, however:

Words per minute (WPM)   72
Keystrokes   374
(359 | 15)
Correct words   69
Wrong words   3
You are better than 90.59% of all users (position 16633 of 176825 - last 24 hours)

Dang, I feel really pro now :I

Words per minute (WPM)   89
Keystrokes   446
(446 | 0)
Correct words   81
Wrong words   0
You are better than 96.08% of all users (position 6938 of 177057 - last 24 hours)

I did a lot of really fast chatroom roleplaying ok

Saaame.

I have a spring birthday too! Well, actually spring, not very summer. April 23rd v_v
YEET

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #10753 on: September 23, 2015, 07:08:00 PM »
I like mine because I'll never have school on my birthday, but the disadvantage is that I'm younger than everyone else and no one knows my birthday. I'm also glad to have a birthday that's nowhere close to Christmas. (it's almost as far away from Christmas as you can get actually)

/temporarily forgot Christmas existed

No no, I'm content with my birthday being in spring now.
S'okay. I was never one for flashy birthdays anyways. Last year I didn't tell anyone and it almost worked, but then one of the teachers found out and told the whole class and then of course everyone had to sing while I tried to hide :P

I'm not really one for flashy parties or anything anymore either. I just want to lie around, have a friend over and eat tons of ice cream, really.
I almost got away with no one noticing last year too, except..haaaa.

Dang, I feel really pro now :I

Words per minute (WPM)   89
Keystrokes   446
(446 | 0)
Correct words   81
Wrong words   0
You are better than 96.08% of all users (position 6938 of 177057 - last 24 hours)

I did a lot of really fast chatroom roleplaying ok
I have a spring birthday too! Well, actually spring, not very summer. April 23rd v_v

FIRST OF ALL, THAT TYPING
EVEN AFTER ROLEPLAYING
HOW?
THAT TYPING RATE IS ALARMING

Also, mine is in spring, kind of close to summer. May 21st. :>

Mélusine

« Reply #10754 on: September 23, 2015, 07:08:32 PM »
Another summer-birthday here. : D
... You could always celebrate your half-birthday instead? That would place you closer to winter, right? (Joking, joking. Or am I?)
... I should try that. (Hi, nobody is here on July, never.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: