Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411073 times)

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10515 on: September 18, 2015, 01:56:19 AM »
Fun new game- but your fanfictions into this tone analyzer(intended for Official Documents) and see the results
This is so fascinating! :O
Apparently most of my work is very hesitant in tone. hmMMM
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #10516 on: September 18, 2015, 07:56:19 AM »
Fun new game- but your fanfictions into this tone analyzer(intended for Official Documents) and see the results

I put in a bunch of essays, and strangely got the same scores (close to %100) for anger and cheerfulness. Huh. At least most it is (supposedly) very confident.

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #10517 on: September 18, 2015, 08:11:25 AM »

Interesting! I dumped various fics into it and apparently even my fluffiest fluff has a good deal of anger and negativity in it. ... But then again, much of the time, I'm writing about characters with kind of grumpy personalities. : D (Hannu is gonna be Hannu even when he's having a good time, and so on...)
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #10518 on: September 18, 2015, 01:29:58 PM »
* Feartheviolas wonders if the post office would get suspicious if Haiz started mailing weird awesome Finnish bread all over the world
Why would anyone bat an eye at awesome bread getting sent around by mail? 8)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #10519 on: September 18, 2015, 01:41:21 PM »
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #10520 on: September 18, 2015, 02:42:00 PM »

Did someone say.. bread?

I.. love bread.

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #10521 on: September 18, 2015, 06:38:30 PM »
I had an adventure today!  With other humans!  /o/  My friend asked me in class if I felt like going to pick apples, and in my head I was like, "No, there are soooo many things I would rather do."  But I said yes anyway cause I need to get out more.  Went and met up with his friends, set off, and arrived at the farm.  The place was beautiful, up in the hilltops and surrounded by forest.  The first thing we found was an apple slingshot right by the house that guests could use to shoot rotten apples.  Mine almost went into the disc golf hole nearby.  ;D  But me and my friend picked some apples and decided to go walk to the big hill off in the distance.  We made it about a mile before we found a TREE HOUSE.  WITH A HAMMOCK HIGH UP IN IT.  *gestures to emphasize how cool it was*  It was like 10 meters high, in a big old tree.  And then the rest of the group caught up to us and we all hung out in the tree house.  :D  There was also a wedding rehearsal going on in the main house, so there was a really scenic cross set up on the pavilion that I happened to get a pretty picture with.  Very fun Friday.  :3 
Apple adventure farm fun time!!!

Spoiler: show

Hammock Eich!

And here's the view from the hammock.  Nice and shady.

Feel free to PM.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10522 on: September 18, 2015, 06:44:00 PM »
I had an adventure today!  With other humans!  /o/  My friend asked me in class if I felt like going to pick apples, and in my head I was like, "No, there are soooo many things I would rather do."  But I said yes anyway cause I need to get out more.  Went and met up with his friends, set off, and arrived at the farm.  The place was beautiful, up in the hilltops and surrounded by forest.  The first thing we found was an apple slingshot right by the house that guests could use to shoot rotten apples.  Mine almost went into the disc golf hole nearby.  ;D  But me and my friend picked some apples and decided to go walk to the big hill off in the distance.  We made it about a mile before we found a TREE HOUSE.  WITH A HAMMOCK HIGH UP IN IT.  *gestures to emphasize how cool it was*  It was like 10 meters high, in a big old tree.  And then the rest of the group caught up to us and we all hung out in the tree house.  :D  There was also a wedding rehearsal going on in the main house, so there was a really scenic cross set up on the pavilion that I happened to get a pretty picture with.  Very fun Friday.  :3 

Hammock Eich!

Aren't apple orchards great?? The tree house sounds like it was a blast, and so does the apple slingshot (that guy in the background had better watch out for projectile fruit, though!). Maybe going out sometimes is a good thing she says as she hides in her room But no, I'm actually going to the anime/sci-fi/fantasy club tonight, so I will get out!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #10523 on: September 18, 2015, 06:45:46 PM »
Aren't apple orchards great?? The tree house sounds like it was a blast, and so does the apple slingshot (that guy in the background had better watch out for projectile fruit, though!). Maybe going out sometimes is a good thing she says as she hides in her room But no, I'm actually going to the anime/sci-fi/fantasy club tonight, so I will get out!
Ah, that guy was trying to catch it.  He did catch one on a bounce!
And now I'm kinda exhausted and need to play some video games.  Good, good day.  UuU
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10524 on: September 18, 2015, 06:47:45 PM »

Hammock Eich!

1: seize tree fort and stock up on apples
2: mount slingshot in tree fort
3: declare the foundation of the Republic of Squirreltree

That's what I would call an extra fun Friday.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #10525 on: September 18, 2015, 07:11:02 PM »
We made it about a mile before we found a TREE HOUSE.  WITH A HAMMOCK HIGH UP IN IT.  *gestures to emphasize how cool it was*  It was like 10 meters high, in a big old tree.
I was dreaming of tree house when I was a child. I'm still dreaming of tree house today :) (With or without hammock.)
Anyway, your Friday seems great, Eich :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #10526 on: September 18, 2015, 07:12:19 PM »

Did someone say.. bread?

I.. love bread.

Bread? Where? You said there was too much? Here, let me just help you with that.

Also, Eich, that tree house sounds pretty great.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #10527 on: September 18, 2015, 08:16:37 PM »
Can anyone link me to the first video where the "what are those" meme came from I need it for Important Reasons okay

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #10528 on: September 18, 2015, 08:18:56 PM »
SO um... does anyone here play Animal Crossing: New Leaf?
I made the SSSS uniform in it and wanted to share the QR code but I wasn't sure where it would go... Cosplay? Pictures? Video Games?

(is this even something people want? x_x)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #10529 on: September 18, 2015, 08:31:09 PM »
SO um... does anyone here play Animal Crossing: New Leaf?
I made the SSSS uniform in it and wanted to share the QR code but I wasn't sure where it would go... Cosplay? Pictures? Video Games?

(is this even something people want? x_x)

* Curry shows up in a poof of glitter
did you happen to say animal crossing

I'm not sure where that would go either but that sounds really cool!! wafflenut made Lalli's, I think, and maybe Emil's, but they are literally never on the forum and I can't get them to post the codes >_> I'm interested for sure! :D Probably?? Video games?
YEET