Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387437 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10395 on: September 14, 2015, 03:44:44 AM »
*points at comic*
IT'S THE WEIRD FINNISH BREAD I ATE SOME DAYS AGO because it was the only thing i found in the freezer

you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #10396 on: September 14, 2015, 05:14:42 AM »
*points at comic*
IT'S THE WEIRD DELICIOUS, WORLD'S BEST FINNISH BREAD I ATE SOME DAYS AGO because it was the only thing i found in the freezer

Fixed that for you. I seriously want some of this bread now, but of course you can't get it in Iceland at all. Salmiakki, yes, that's everywhere. I can even find an acceptable sauna here (or failing that hop in a hot spring instead, which is not the same but very, very good regardless), so that's two of the "Finnish holy trinity" right there. But rye bread... nope, and I miss it so much.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #10397 on: September 14, 2015, 05:34:52 AM »
*points at comic*
IT'S THE WEIRD FINNISH BREAD I ATE SOME DAYS AGO because it was the only thing i found in the freezer
How this bread can be weird ? ??? *Loves bread but hadn't taste this one*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #10398 on: September 14, 2015, 05:38:21 AM »
How this bread can be weird ? ??? *Loves bread but hadn't taste this one*

it's weird in the same sense horses are weird moose. It's flat and circular, but I have to agree with lauf it's really good. dark finnish bread is good, which is why we hoard them and fill the freezer with them whenever we've been in finland

Mélusine

« Reply #10399 on: September 14, 2015, 05:45:41 AM »
it's weird in the same sense horses are weird moose. It's flat and circular, but I have to agree with lauf it's really good. dark finnish bread is good, which is why we hoard them and fill the freezer with them whenever we've been in finland
... I'm hungry now ^^
And considering too seriously to have a second day reading under a blanket. I finished two books yesterday. It doesn't help for what I should do. Mmmh...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #10400 on: September 14, 2015, 05:50:39 AM »
Fixed that for you. I seriously want some of this bread now, but of course you can't get it in Iceland at all. Salmiakki, yes, that's everywhere. I can even find an acceptable sauna here (or failing that hop in a hot spring instead, which is not the same but very, very good regardless), so that's two of the "Finnish holy trinity" right there. But rye bread... nope, and I miss it so much.
I feel you.  We were so fond of a particular Italian-style bread from our local military commissary, that after that base closed, we would drive a couple of hours to the nearest other facility to stock up once a month.

We got really fond of the wonderfully thin oat bread while we were in Helsinki. ^-^
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10401 on: September 14, 2015, 09:02:25 AM »
* Feartheviolas wonders if the post office would get suspicious if Haiz started mailing weird awesome Finnish bread all over the world
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #10402 on: September 14, 2015, 09:10:30 AM »
* Feartheviolas wonders if the post office would get suspicious if Haiz started mailing weird awesome Finnish bread all over the world
*Sure she can't ask for "cheese" and that bread would be less suspicious*

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #10403 on: September 14, 2015, 10:54:51 AM »
that's assuming I have easy acces to them. I don't, it's just when we drive on a two-day road trip to visit family up north that we cut through finland and raid their grocery stores^^"

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #10404 on: September 14, 2015, 10:57:40 AM »
that's assuming I have easy acces to them. I don't, it's just when we drive on a two-day road trip to visit family up north that we cut through finland and raid their grocery stores^^"

Awwww

*looks at forum members currently residing in Finland*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #10405 on: September 14, 2015, 11:00:50 AM »
* Curry BARGES IN WITH SOMETHING COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO THE CURRENT CONVERSATION

Guys guys guys guys I'm really excited!! In the IB we have to do research on medium and artists all the time for IB art (high-level weird art focused on Really Understanding Art and the Process Behind It as well as Culture Surrounding It etc etc) and I just finished the medium analysis (watercolor, of course, because I'm cliché and I was feeling very enthusiastic about it) and now I'm going to do my artist study on Mucha! :D It requires all the normal biography stuff with a focus on cultural background  B  U  T I also get to do an artist emulation and I'm really excited ok this will be great
YEET

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #10406 on: September 14, 2015, 11:03:29 AM »
* Curry BARGES IN WITH SOMETHING COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO THE CURRENT CONVERSATION

Guys guys guys guys I'm really excited!! In the IB we have to do research on medium and artists all the time for IB art (high-level weird art focused on Really Understanding Art and the Process Behind It as well as Culture Surrounding It etc etc) and I just finished the medium analysis (watercolor, of course, because I'm cliché and I was feeling very enthusiastic about it) and now I'm going to do my artist study on Mucha! :D It requires all the normal biography stuff with a focus on cultural background  B  U  T I also get to do an artist emulation and I'm really excited ok this will be great

WOOOOOOOOOO this is awesome!!! IB is awesome *nods* You'll have to show us how it turns out!

Mélusine

« Reply #10407 on: September 14, 2015, 11:06:03 AM »
and now I'm going to do my artist study on Mucha! :D It requires all the normal biography stuff with a focus on cultural background  B  U  T I also get to do an artist emulation and I'm really excited ok this will be great
So you NEED to go to the museum in Prague :D

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #10408 on: September 14, 2015, 11:18:55 AM »
I'm going to do my artist study on Mucha! :D

* haiz is vibrating with muchanthusiasm

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #10409 on: September 14, 2015, 11:23:29 AM »

* haiz is vibrating with muchanthusiasm

*DaveBro pitches the Peanuts of PUNishment
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)