Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410375 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10425 on: September 14, 2015, 02:12:35 PM »
...What's that? "Adrai, you're too old to be drinking chocolate milk"?
Pshah.
When are you too old for chocolate milk ? ??? The only thing which could happen is having a preference for "real" chocolate milk you made yourself with chocolate. Mmmh...

On a complete different subject : now I remember why I hadn't sewed my future cardigan before. It's because the instructions are (still) incomprehensible T_T *Try again to understand them*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #10426 on: September 14, 2015, 02:14:29 PM »
There's no such thing as too old for chocolate milk. ;p

My thoughts exactly.

One time my philosophy teacher started drinking chocolate milk out of those little carton boxes in front of the whole class. Not a high school teacher, a university teacher. Let him be an inspiration for us all.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #10427 on: September 14, 2015, 02:16:23 PM »

On a complete different subject : now I remember why I hadn't sewed my future cardigan before. It's because the instructions are (still) incomprehensible T_T *Try again to understand them*

D: Ahh that sounds very frustrating. I wish I could help but, alas. Hopefully they'll make sense soon?
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #10428 on: September 14, 2015, 02:39:36 PM »
When are you too old for chocolate milk ? ??? The only thing which could happen is having a preference for "real" chocolate milk you made yourself with chocolate. Mmmh...

You have knitted the pieces to assemble?  Maybe writing your own assembly instructions will clarify (or replace) the ones you have?  ???
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 02:41:33 PM by DaveBro (Phasing out "ReturnOf") »
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10429 on: September 14, 2015, 02:41:22 PM »
Good news! I am back in my room and I have my key card \o/
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10430 on: September 14, 2015, 02:55:41 PM »
...What's that? "Adrai, you're too old to be drinking chocolate milk"?
Pshah.
in my pre-forum times i never knew drinking chocolate milk was seen as childish....
*outrage* Everyone is young enough to drink chocolate milk. I drink it and I'm in university. I know other people much older than me who drink it. *more outrage*

I never drink it, mostly because I try to limit my intake of sugar (Sugar is very addictive). I don't judge people who do drink it, except maybe a little when people substitute it for actual milk.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #10431 on: September 14, 2015, 02:58:04 PM »

Congrations!! That must be a relief.
YEET

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10432 on: September 14, 2015, 02:59:30 PM »

Yay! And I'm just going to chime in that chocolate milk is delicious, but I much prefer hot chocolate ^-^
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #10433 on: September 14, 2015, 03:33:26 PM »
I don't judge people who do drink it, except maybe a little when people substitute it for actual milk.

...even I would consider that overkill.

Chocolate milk is delicious, but not a great idea to use as a replacement for milk. *thinks of tea with chocolate milk... cheesecake with chocolate milk... pasta sauce with chocolate milk... cheese sauce with chocolate milk... sponge cake with chocolate milk... icing with chocolate milk... curry with chocolate milk...*

... I may take those words back. Except for the tea with chocolate milk, that would be disgusting. And possibly the pasta sauce.

Yay! And I'm just going to chime in that chocolate milk is delicious, but I much prefer hot chocolate ^-^

Hot chocolate is merely hot chocolate milk. Aka chocolate milk for cold days.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10434 on: September 14, 2015, 03:58:37 PM »
Hot chocolate is merely hot chocolate milk. Aka chocolate milk for cold days.

I know! That's why I like it so much ^-^

*snuggles under a blanket with hot chocolate, watching the snow drift by outside the window*

What do you mean there's no snow yet? A girl can dream, can't she?
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Mélusine

« Reply #10435 on: September 14, 2015, 04:05:37 PM »
D: Ahh that sounds very frustrating. I wish I could help but, alas. Hopefully they'll make sense soon?
You have knitted the pieces to assemble?  Maybe writing your own assembly instructions will clarify (or replace) the ones you have?  ???
It's mostly instructions like "match point A and B, and H and I" Okayyyyyyy... (Stay quiet, stay quiet.)
At least I'll be happy when I'll understand finish ^^

Oh. This difference ! I don't remember having had chocolate milk, only hot chocolate. Maybe it's... cultural ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #10436 on: September 14, 2015, 04:13:30 PM »
Hmmm... I just skipped the last unread 20 pages of general discussion, because I really can't find the time anymore to read ALL THE POSTS. But now a tiny voice in my back is constantly saying "what if you missed something terribly important/funny??" Argh.  ::)
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #10437 on: September 14, 2015, 04:24:39 PM »
Hmmm... I just skipped the last unread 20 pages of general discussion, because I really can't find the time anymore to read ALL THE POSTS. But now a tiny voice in my back is constantly saying "what if you missed something terribly important/funny??" Argh.  ::)

I understand the feeling. Buuuuut... mostly you just missed frivolities and nonsense. ;p I think you'll be okay.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10438 on: September 14, 2015, 04:30:30 PM »

Ahahaha I know that feeling. Unfortunately my solution is to read ALL the things, and this probably isn't really that healthy...
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #10439 on: September 14, 2015, 04:47:27 PM »

There was much vigorous discussion regarding what drinking chocolate milk says about your social position.  After that I made myself some hot chocolate because it's cold out.  And in...brrrrrrrr.

Also, I'm curious if anyone would like to do a Dungeons & Dragons roleplay because I have a DM manual and a player's handbook and I would like to use them.  But I've never run a game before so I would need a few "guinea pigs" to practice on...I can make a thread for discussing it if a few people show interest.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.