Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387799 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10320 on: September 11, 2015, 03:20:36 PM »
...does this mean you have a tumblr?

It exists. And that's all there is to say about my tumblr really.

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #10321 on: September 11, 2015, 03:25:11 PM »

We do have role play threads y'know - works fine.

I know, but I'm not used to roleplaying on a forum with out a board for roleplaying. It's just my mind being weird.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10322 on: September 11, 2015, 03:30:25 PM »
It exists. And that's all there is to say about my tumblr really.
no point in wheedling for the url, then, i guess
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10323 on: September 11, 2015, 03:33:27 PM »
I know, but I'm not used to roleplaying on a forum with out a board for roleplaying. It's just my mind being weird.

When it comes to the forum layout Eich calls the shots, and he's said he prefers a minimal number of boards. You could present your case in the 'Ideas for new boards' thread, but I think you may need a better argument than personal preferences.

no point in wheedling for the url, then, i guess

It should be pretty obvious what the url is anyways.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10324 on: September 11, 2015, 03:37:48 PM »
It should be pretty obvious what the url is anyways.
I made a guess, but you'll be surprised at how many urls have been taken (or hoarded, because people honest-to-gods hoard good urls) already, so you can never be 100% sure when the blog doesn't say anything haha
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10325 on: September 11, 2015, 03:49:17 PM »
When it comes to the forum layout Eich calls the shots, and he's said he prefers a minimal number of boards. You could present your case in the 'Ideas for new boards' thread, but I think you may need a better argument than personal preferences.

Yes! Please make suggestions! You'd be surprised how many of them we can actually bring into being! Also, like Eriaror said, that's the only way we know what you guys want.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #10326 on: September 11, 2015, 04:52:35 PM »
the only place I won't allow you to slander freely is Northern Norway.
You mean we'ld actually get paid for that?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #10327 on: September 11, 2015, 04:55:48 PM »
Volda might be small in size, but its heart is big (trust me, I know. I have family there).

At least it's got more Norwegian character than pretentious, noveau-rich Stavanger.

(Emphasis  added.)  That made me mad, considering that's where our kids, grandkids & great-grandkids live.  I consider it also my home, and view its slander with as much hostility as you do slander of the north.

If it was all smack-talk & fun, ha-ha-ya-got-me.  Your later reply about Hitler also being a painter seemed less like fun & more like sniping to me, though.  So rather than have it drag on, I decided to apologize for my part, plus own my anger & be done.
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #10328 on: September 11, 2015, 04:57:07 PM »
You mean we'ld actually get paid for that?

Not by me.  Besides philosophical objections, I'm too stingy. ;)
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #10329 on: September 11, 2015, 04:57:38 PM »
Funny thing that happened just now:

Someone reblogged that art that I made with the crew in a visit to Brazil, and they tagged it as #You've never been to Brazil have you

Is that supposed to be ironic or something?

I don't get it

(was it any of you? ::))

native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10330 on: September 11, 2015, 05:00:56 PM »
Your later reply about Hitler also being a painter seemed less like fun & more like sniping to me, though.

That is a fun fact though. As in "Churchill liked to paint - ah, but so did Hitler, so the 'benefits' of being an artist can be overestimated".

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #10331 on: September 11, 2015, 05:12:16 PM »

Someone reblogged that art that I made with the crew in a visit to Brazil, and they tagged it as #You've never been to Brazil have you

I don't get it

What the heck. :D? This really is funny, wonder if it's just some overeager tumblrite, a troll or - well I guess it could be a joke as well. Not me in any case, I make my tag jokes obvious.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #10332 on: September 11, 2015, 05:15:00 PM »

I don't get it

I'm laughing. Ohhh dear. Is there something you're not telling us? Are you from outer space and just pretending to be Brazilian? Maybe they're onto you... ;p
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10333 on: September 11, 2015, 05:28:47 PM »

That is hilarious! Ahh, if it didn't run the risk of awakening the trolls, I'd tell you to have fun with that! But considering how much talk there's been of less-than-nice people on tumblr, maybe that's not the wisest option :(

On a completely random note, my roommate and I are eerily similar. I mean, I know they try to match people with a questionnaire and all, but this goes way beyond that. Like, for example, she said she had some purple stuff she was bringing, and in an effort not to clash I think all right, I'll go for a purple theme too. And then we end up bringing the exact same comforter. I don't mean they were similar. I mean they're exactly the same. Actually the entire room matches like we had spent hours planning it out together. And we watch the same shows and have very similar personalities and I'm just a tiny bit convinced that there's a secret Ana-clone conspiracy going on :o. Buuuuut at least our similarities mean that she's showing an interest in my SSSS fangirling, so I'm going to try and foster that as much as possible!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10334 on: September 11, 2015, 07:13:55 PM »
School today went much better than yesterday. I had my two remaining classes. First was German, and that was actually a lot of fun. We learned all the basic stuff like how to introduce ourselves and the alphabet and our teacher is really nice. It's also a nice and small class. All my classes that aren't in english are small, like 30 people max, but my two courses in english are both ~150 people (they're also the only two first year courses I'm taking).

The second course of the day was intro to political science. I've never taken a polysci course so I think it will be very interesting and I feel like I am going to learn a lot in that class. Our prof is old and british and wore shorts to class. He's really outgoing and makes all sorts of funny jokes f.eks. he posted a meme thing that said What does politics mean? well poly = many, and tics = annoying blood sucking bugs. I was a bit afraid of that class, but now I'm really looking forward to the kinds of things we're going to talk about this year. Like the concept of power, what power means and how it works.

And so I guess that's it for the first week. This weekend I will be running around getting all my textbooks. Tonight there is a party hosted by the school which my roommate and I are going to. Hopefully it will be fun.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help