Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411035 times)

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10275 on: September 10, 2015, 08:09:36 PM »
Wow, that's really crazy • _ • It's even crazier because I haven't heard anything about it outside of this forum. we live in the same country you all
proooooobably because everybody strikes all the dang time here so it's not very newsworthy? and maybe you're in a different part of country? idk
I kinda wish they'd get it together, though, it's pretty irritating to get caught in the middle of all this politics. Plus we don't know until 7-8 PM whether there'll be school the next day, which really sucks. :/
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #10276 on: September 10, 2015, 08:16:17 PM »
proooooobably because everybody strikes all the dang time here so it's not very newsworthy? and maybe you're in a different part of country? idk
I kinda wish they'd get it together, though, it's pretty irritating to get caught in the middle of all this politics. Plus we don't know until 7-8 PM whether there'll be school the next day, which really sucks. :/

That's really annoying, and I have been hearing about the strikes, though they haven't been happening in my area. It's a shame that you guys are caught in the middle though.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #10277 on: September 10, 2015, 09:10:34 PM »
Volda is small compared to Stavanger, so there might be an element of deprivation, for sure.

Forgive me for replying to myself, but it's as good a way as any for acknowledging that I inadvertently slandered Volda, and justly provoked Fimbulvarg, whilst operating under some false assumptions:

Spoiler: Mea Culpa • show

1.  That Volda is really as small and lacking as my oldest grandson (studying there from Stavanger) claimed (he probably didn't want to clean house for visitors);
2.  That Trondheim was still bigger, and presumably a more interesting place to live, than Stavanger--so much so, that going from the bright lights of bustling Trondheim to either Stavanger, or reportedly tiny Volda, would constitute deprivation for a long-time city dweller.

In extenuation, Stavanger is my other home, and home to my grandchildren & great-grandchildren. <3 
I got just as defensive, from sore provocation, in my own turn.  >:( 

I didn't mean to insult Volda and its supporters, and am sorry I responded in anger.   :-[ 

Now, please tell the picketers to get off my lawn?  ??? 
At night, they take turns sleeping on the porch swing, and the squirrels have been gnawing the ropes.  ::)

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 09:15:57 PM by DaveBro (Phasing out "ReturnOf") »
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #10278 on: September 10, 2015, 10:14:34 PM »

(schneep sheep)

Oh gosh, I've never had a french class taught in french....it was kinda..semi-french but mostly english. (And I quit as soon as my minor was done, no third year for me ;_;) A pop ESSAY?! Thats rough buddy u__u Maybe.....mayyyyybe it was just so the teacher can gauge the level that everyone's at so they know what there working...with....ormaybetheyrejustmean. *pats*

Today the art school was having an open class about how to make an online portfolio using tumblr, with like a CV and stuff but i miSSED IT AND I'M SO ANNOYED WITH MYSELF because i know nothing and I have no portfolio or internet place so I don't exsisssssssssst (I don't think I have anything to put in a portfolio anyway u__u)

@ the tumblr peeps: Is making a tumblr account/blog difficult?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 01:29:48 PM by Feartheviolas »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10279 on: September 10, 2015, 10:33:18 PM »

As a tumblr-art-blog-haver, I'm inclined to say it isn't.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #10280 on: September 10, 2015, 10:43:30 PM »
As a tumblr-art-blog-haver, I'm inclined to say it isn't.
Oh good! u__u *wipes brow*

Aghhhhh and if my day couldn't get more mixed up, the strap (well, the metal clasp) on my bag finally broke! For a laptop bag...it certainly didn't like carrying my laptop. Nor did it like having books in the book parts. :/ Today it only had the laptop and 2 books (together being about 4cm x A4) plus purse and pencil case.....
Also an umbrella, gloves, assortment of cough lollies, phone charger, and hand sanitiser and...a plastic knife?! What?? <_<

I don't know if I should bother to just find a new strap for it...or if I should just buy a new bag altogether? It does get quite heavy on the shoulder during the week -__- and I don't really like it that much..it was a present..I didn't pick it out.

Any suggestions? Does anyone know any good bags/satchels....? :O

Also I don't know how to carry it when it just has the two handles....it's a glorified handbag now i cant have a haNDBAG I DONT KNOW HOW TO   H A N D B A G   NOOOOOOOoooooo o o
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 10:46:27 PM by OrigamiOwl »

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10281 on: September 10, 2015, 10:44:55 PM »
Today the art school was having an open class about how to make an online portfolio using tumblr, with like a CV and stuff but i miSSED IT AND I'M SO ANNOYED WITH MYSELF because i know nothing and I have no portfolio or internet place so I don't exsisssssssssst (I don't think I have anything to put in a portfolio anyway u__u)

You may have already seen it but there is tumblr advice in here somewhere.... *skalds* aha! found it!

starts around here:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=5.msg61701#msg61701

and some notable advice:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=5.msg61761#msg61761

Also an umbrella, gloves, assortment of cough lollies, phone charger, and hand sanitiser and...a plastic knife?! What?? <_<

Cough lallis *nods*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #10282 on: September 10, 2015, 10:50:14 PM »
You may have already seen it but there is tumblr advice in here somewhere.... *skalds* aha! found it!

starts around here:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=5.msg61701#msg61701

and some notable advice:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=5.msg61761#msg61761

Cough lallis *nods*
*hugs* AHHH THANK You! :D I'll give them a look!

I got honey lallies, lemon lime lallies, anaesthetic/numbing lallies, eucalypt lallies, and finally,, liquid centred lallies. They must have just been stashed in there from the last cold I had o___o why are there so many types

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10283 on: September 11, 2015, 01:54:29 AM »
2.  That Trondheim was still bigger, and presumably a more interesting place to live, than Stavanger--so much so, that going from the bright lights of bustling Trondheim to either Stavanger, or reportedly tiny Volda, would constitute deprivation for a long-time city dweller.
your third assumption is that I can be called a long-time city dweller! nah, I live in the outskirtiest of outskirts, nothing but farms and fields as far as I can see, here. (Ok that's a lie, the furthest I can see is to the mountains because they're everywhere. But all the way to the mountains is fields and farms and I'm not actually that far away from the city, but it feels really cut off)
((i spend like 45 minutes just taking bus to uni :// ))

I do think actually living inside the cities of trondheim and stavanger can be comparable though!

Owlie: making a tumblr is easy, but learning how to navigate it is really confusing, and it may or may not hate its userbase and become even less usable with each update. Good luck!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:00:41 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #10284 on: September 11, 2015, 02:05:33 AM »
Owlie: making a tumblr is easy, but learning how to navigate it is really confusing, and it may or may not hate its userbase and become even less usable with each update. Good luck!

Ssshhhhhh, Owl is not ready to hear about the updates, we don't want to scare her away!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #10285 on: September 11, 2015, 02:08:11 AM »
Ssshhhhhh, Owl is not ready to hear about the updates, we don't want to scare her away!

I'm always so conflicted whenever someone wants to join tumblr, part of me wants to drag them into the black hole like YESSSSSSS JOIN USSSSS, and the other part wants to shout SAVE YOURSELF and shove them away as I dramatically sacrifice myself or something

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #10286 on: September 11, 2015, 02:13:14 AM »
I'm always so conflicted whenever someone wants to join tumblr, part of me wants to drag them into the black hole like YESSSSSSS JOIN USSSSS, and the other part wants to shout SAVE YOURSELF and shove them away as I dramatically sacrifice myself or something

If the question is ever "Should I join tumblr?" the answer is of course, always no. (Unless of course they just want to reblog SSSS art; that I'd say is safe enough)

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #10287 on: September 11, 2015, 02:16:46 AM »
If the question is ever "Should I join tumblr?" the answer is of course, always no. (Unless of course they just want to reblog SSSS art; that I'd say is safe enough)

I mean, I've gained a lot from being stuck on tumblr for four years (fOUR YeARS) but. It takes you some weird places if you let it. And you can never leave. It's a life sentence

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #10288 on: September 11, 2015, 02:20:37 AM »
And you can never leave. It's a life sentence

^Exactly my reasoning for saying no :P

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #10289 on: September 11, 2015, 02:39:53 AM »

ME WHEN A FRIEND'S LIKE "I should join tumblr/be more active on tumblr!"

I mean, I've gained a lot from being stuck on tumblr for four years (fOUR YeARS) but. It takes you some weird places if you let it. And you can never leave. It's a life sentence

It's a nice life sentence, as far as they go (does that make sense grammatically?? o__o *should go to sleep soon judging by that question but probably won't*)
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz