Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387921 times)

Noah O.

• Scout
  • History Geek
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #900 on: October 30, 2014, 08:35:25 PM »
CHALLENGE! Find three posts on this forum or in the SSSS comments where you laugh at yourself. (Three posts predating this challenge, of course - no cheating by going and posting!)

Posts in other fora can't count (I'm afraid) because there may be more than one "Noah O." in the world. Sorry!

You have all the time in the world to complete this challenge! The clock starts now!
Problem is, you guys aren't very disparaging. I can't really find anything where I laugh at myself in realization after it hits me that it's a terrible person. I usually do that to myself.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #901 on: October 30, 2014, 09:20:36 PM »
Oh nooooooo!  :'( Did you lose all of it? Couldn't you save a tiny little bit?

I ended up having to rewrite it. Luckily it wasn't overly long.

*coughillegallycOUGH*

At first I thought that you got your shows off of some site called Hillegally. ??? *facepalm* My brain is really tired right now.

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #902 on: October 30, 2014, 09:33:28 PM »
Well then...
I laughed at myself quite a bit on the comic page where we talked about our different heights.  A tree branch decided it would be funny to smack me in the face, conversation ensued.  I left a cheeky comment in there that I regret a little, but I still think it was kind of funny.  Somewhere in page 194.

Other than that, I can't think of much.  I don't like mocking humor much.  I'm fine doing it to myself, but when other people start, it bothers me.  Besides that, if feels disrespectful to do it to other people.  I'd rather have a clever sense of humor than a debasing one.  I hate hurting peoples' feelings.
Feel free to PM.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #903 on: October 30, 2014, 09:43:59 PM »

Glad you got caught up again.  Virtual copies of papers and projects always scare me.
I save waaaay too frequently.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #904 on: October 30, 2014, 09:56:42 PM »

At first I thought that you got your shows off of some site called Hillegally. ??? *facepalm* My brain is really tired right now.

Wow! Well done with the rewriting!! OuO *claps*
Hehe go have some calming jasmine tea and take a nap~ you deserve it! :3

General Discussion:
I'm currently browsing through a swimsuit catalogue and not crying I've noticed that high-cuts are everywhere. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I thought those died off with the Walkman!!
*sigh* not that I was going to find a new swimsuit anyway, but still. Yeeeeeeshhhhh!! There are no normal ones!! D8
This one isn't supportive, that one is held together with string, and those ones are full of giant holes WHaT iS gOIng On. U___U
I'm pretty sure this doesn't happen to dudes.
98% sure.
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #905 on: October 30, 2014, 09:58:16 PM »

General Discussion:
I'm currently browsing through a swimsuit catalogue and not crying I've noticed that high-cuts are everywhere. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I thought those died off with the Walkman!!
*sigh* not that I was going to find a new swimsuit anyway, but still. Yeeeeeeshhhhh!! There are no normal ones!! D8
This one isn't supportive, that one is held together with string, and those ones are full of giant holes WHaT iS gOIng On. U___U
98% sure.

I need a new swimsuit. I should start looking now so I have even a small chance of finding one I like before july.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #906 on: October 30, 2014, 10:02:00 PM »
Well then...
I laughed at myself quite a bit on the comic page where we talked about our different heights.  A tree branch decided it would be funny to smack me in the face, conversation ensued.  I left a cheeky comment in there that I regret a little, but I still think it was kind of funny.  Somewhere in page 194.

Other than that, I can't think of much.  I don't like mocking humor much.  I'm fine doing it to myself, but when other people start, it bothers me.  Besides that, if feels disrespectful to do it to other people.  I'd rather have a clever sense of humor than a debasing one.  I hate hurting peoples' feelings.

I honestly think one of the best things with our community is that there's very little of that kind of humor. Not that a bit of good-natured mocking's necessarily bad, but it does make things marginally less friendly. I'm hoping we can keep the welcoming and fuzzy feel of this place for a long time.
 Mostly quiet.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #907 on: October 30, 2014, 10:09:23 PM »
I need a new swimsuit. I should start looking now so I have even a small chance of finding one I like before july.

THISCAT!!!! Is that a Halloween icon?? B)

Or is that a horrifying glitch in the system....? O___O

I haven't been swimming for maybe 2 years, so I'm not sure if my "new" blathers even fit any more...... I've only worn them like...twice, on the same holiday.

Aggghhhhh I can't work out who these swimsuits are catering for because they do t look comfy, the patterns are garish (which could be cool if I was in a super happy mood) they'd fall down or cause Accidents all the time, and they'd suck for actual swimming or running around.
I think they're for dudes who like to look at sunbathing girls -____-  but that's just me being grumpy and weird...

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #908 on: October 30, 2014, 10:10:17 PM »

General Discussion:
98% sure.
Tried looking for a video of Uncle Iroh saying something about "calming jasmine tea," but there are none.

98% sure, 100% correct.  We don't have to worry about *ahem* "support."  In fact, I don't even worry about getting new swim suits.  All the ones I've got I've had for several years, I just haven't grown more than a couple of inches in the last 3 years or so.
Feel free to PM.

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #909 on: October 30, 2014, 10:10:48 PM »
THISCAT!!!! Is that a Halloween icon?? B)

Or is that a horrifying glitch in the system....? O___O

I haven't been swimming for maybe 2 years, so I'm not sure if my "new" blathers even fit any more...... I've only worn them like...twice, on the same holiday.

Aggghhhhh I can't work out who these swimsuits are catering for because they do t look comfy, the patterns are garish (which could be cool if I was in a super happy mood) they'd fall down or cause Accidents all the time, and they'd suck for actual swimming or running around.
I think they're for dudes who like to look at sunbathing girls -____-  but that's just me being grumpy and weird...

YES, it is a halloween icon. I just drew it right now. Do you like it?
 Mostly quiet.

Fenris

« Reply #910 on: October 30, 2014, 10:18:41 PM »
Well, while its already been shown in comic, I can do Norway:

Pros:
Vikings.
Lots of valleys and mountains to hide in.
Vikings.
Trolls try to avoid awkward eye contact, reducing the risk of being spotted.
Vikings.
Nice looking longboats.
Vikings.
Infrastructure is likely of the same quality as pre-Rash Norway.
Did I mention vikings?

Cons:
Beastly polar bears and moose.
Infrastructure is likely of the same quality as pre-Rash Norway.
Fjords gets old quickly, especially now that they are the only habitable areas.
'What does the Fox Say' might now be a folk-tune.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #911 on: October 30, 2014, 10:27:13 PM »
YES, it is a halloween icon. I just drew it right now. Do you like it?
It's awesome!! I forgot about Halloween because we don't celebrate it :( [as much as I want to.] So I just call October "Spooky Month" X'D

Tried looking for a video of Uncle Iroh saying something about "calming jasmine tea," but there are none.

98% sure, 100% correct.  We don't have to worry about *ahem* "support."  In fact, I don't even worry about getting new swim suits.  All the ones I've got I've had for several years, I just haven't grown more than a couple of inches in the last 3 years or so.

Uncle Iroh is the best ;u; *wipes away tear*
http://youtu.be/jX6BnBH6PQ8

I hope you feel very lucky to not have to worry about "support" Eich. ;__; *eye twitch*
Because you have to choose between either weird shuffling, or looking like anime fan service. Every time you want to walk somewhere. Let alone run, or god-forbid....jog.
*sobs a little bit* but maybe that's TMI. U__U my bad.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 10:35:49 PM by OrigamiOwl »

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #912 on: October 30, 2014, 10:50:04 PM »

I hope you feel very lucky to not have to worry about "support" Eich. ;__; *eye twitch*
Because you have to choose between either weird shuffling, or looking like anime fan service. Every time you want to walk somewhere.

Yesss, Uncle Iroh! There is ALWAYS time for tea.

And, ugh, I HATE swimsuit shopping. Well, actually, I hate wearing swimsuits, quite honestly. Maybe next summer I'll try to get away with swimming in shorts and a t-shirt? :P

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #913 on: October 30, 2014, 10:51:44 PM »
It's awesome!! I forgot about Halloween because we don't celebrate it :( [as much as I want to.] So I just call October "Spooky Month" X'D

Because you have to choose between either weird shuffling, or looking like anime fan service. Every time you want to walk somewhere. Let alone run, or god-forbid....jog.
*sobs a little bit* but maybe that's TMI. U__U my bad.
Oh, Mako, we will remember you.

Oh, don't worry.  I grew up in a house with two older sisters, and my brother doesn't say much.  It's nothing I haven't heard about before.  And, yeah, the lower maintenance body is a nice perk to being male.  I'm sure the other side has it's perks too, though.   :-X

I'm thinking about making an avatar thread, now.  ThisCat's special-occasion-changes are fun, and I thought I might give a place for storing avatars, or asking which one to go with in the event of a change.  I think I might start using Hat Guy/Beret Guy again, and change their hats to be festive every now and then.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #914 on: October 30, 2014, 11:09:08 PM »
Oh, Mako, we will remember you.

Oh, don't worry.  I grew up in a house with two older sisters, and my brother doesn't say much.  It's nothing I haven't heard about before.  And, yeah, the lower maintenance body is a nice perk to being male.  I'm sure the other side has it's perks too, though.   :-X

I'm thinking about making an avatar thread, now.  ThisCat's special-occasion-changes are fun, and I thought I might give a place for storing avatars, or asking which one to go with in the event of a change.  I think I might start using Hat Guy/Beret Guy again, and change their hats to be festive every now and then.

Wise emoticon ;P

Hehe I don't know why I found the idea of changing festive hats so hilarious...but I did O__O
The space guitarist is cool though, and the red shirt matches the red squares which compliments the orange "Thor" :P pfffft I'm kidding- if you wanna change it you can

Yesss, Uncle Iroh! There is ALWAYS time for tea.

And, ugh, I HATE swimsuit shopping. Well, actually, I hate wearing swimsuits, quite honestly. Maybe next summer I'll try to get away with swimming in shorts and a t-shirt? :P

Even if it's just hot leaf juice. ^u^'

Hmmm. That's what I normally do, otherwise the sun will fry me, sunblock or no sunblock ;___;