Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387657 times)

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9750 on: August 25, 2015, 01:50:46 PM »
guys i have another link for those of you who have trouble doing digital lineart

BEHOLD

(it costs money but maybe it'll help someone a little. like you can get a free trial and everything)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #9751 on: August 25, 2015, 01:54:15 PM »
guys i have another link for those of you who have trouble doing digital lineart

BEHOLD

(it costs money but maybe it'll help someone a little. like you can get a free trial and everything)
Oh that's cool - there's something similar in Krita though not as advanced. It ran really slowly on my laptop though :<
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #9752 on: August 25, 2015, 04:34:05 PM »
Hello hello all I have returned after a real full day of Actual School

Spoiler: SHENANIGANS • show

-we had homeroom for a full hour today first thing in the morning!! it was really weird to be honest! how did I get used to this before
-first period (English) the teacher was sweet but lord I do not annotate well and I'm nervous for all those presentations
-second period (math) the teacher was terrifying and I actually unironically wrote "I make a lot of terrible puns" on the 'Things you should know about me' questionnaire he handed out
-lunch was nice and I HAD COOKIES FOR ONCE (I love sugar)
-third period (spanish) was painfully boring since she was teaching to the lowest common denominator, who were very very low and I am near to the top of the class ;___;
-fourth period was study hall which was nice?? but then my elective (that I didn't actually want to be in) turned out to be so awful that I switched out (to nothing) immediately after school. thank gosh. that was a relief

NICE i have ART AND CHEMISTRY TOMORROW which means best day already
YEET

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #9753 on: August 25, 2015, 04:40:35 PM »
I often see American/Canadian members still posting when I check the forum after noon though. They are all on my "probably vampires" list.

>.>
<.<
*hasn't gone to bed before midnight once this summer*
*actually, probably hasn't gone to bed before 1 a.m. once this summer either*
*doesn't even know how many nights she's stayed up past 3 a.m.*

Haha, ha, ha...
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #9754 on: August 25, 2015, 04:56:15 PM »
We made a friend of my housemate discovering Star Wars this evening ^^ I can't say when I saw A new hope for the last time before today, it was nice watching again and now I want to read Timothy Zahn's trilogy again.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9755 on: August 25, 2015, 05:00:15 PM »
and now I want to read Timothy Zahn's trilogy again[/size].

I read the comic version of the Thrawn trilogy while on vacation this summer. It's a great adaptation.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9756 on: August 25, 2015, 05:01:00 PM »
Hello hello all I have returned after a real full day of Actual School

Spoiler: SHENANIGANS • show

-we had homeroom for a full hour today first thing in the morning!! it was really weird to be honest! how did I get used to this before
-first period (English) the teacher was sweet but lord I do not annotate well and I'm nervous for all those presentations
-second period (math) the teacher was terrifying and I actually unironically wrote "I make a lot of terrible puns" on the 'Things you should know about me' questionnaire he handed out
-lunch was nice and I HAD COOKIES FOR ONCE (I love sugar)
-third period (spanish) was painfully boring since she was teaching to the lowest common denominator, who were very very low and I am near to the top of the class ;___;
-fourth period was study hall which was nice?? but then my elective (that I didn't actually want to be in) turned out to be so awful that I switched out (to nothing) immediately after school. thank gosh. that was a relief

NICE i have ART AND CHEMISTRY TOMORROW which means best day already
ART AND CHEMISTRY AW YIS

return to actual school doesnt sound too bad! i think!! i dont understand half of these american school term thingies like what is homeroom
you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9757 on: August 25, 2015, 05:07:24 PM »
ART AND CHEMISTRY AW YIS

return to actual school doesnt sound too bad! i think!! i dont understand half of these american school term thingies like what is homeroom

it wasn't too bad at all!! i... i need to prepare for tomorrow a bit (waves to all in preparation for imminent disappearance) but i'm very excited for tomorrow, because tomorrow is obviously going to be the Best Day

homeroom is like. advisory?? a class where you don't learn or do anything, you just hang out with your other homeroom members and chill. kind of like study hall but with the same people and the same teacher every year? difficult..... to explain............
YEET

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9758 on: August 25, 2015, 05:10:00 PM »
kind of like study hall but with the same people and the same teacher every year? difficult..... to explain............
i don't know what study hall is eitherrr

but it's okay i don't need to understand american school system i'm fine i'm fine
you'll know where to find me.

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #9759 on: August 25, 2015, 05:15:20 PM »

but it's okay i don't need to understand american school system i'm fine i'm fine

Don't worry. I am just as confused as you. At least our systems make sense.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9760 on: August 25, 2015, 05:16:38 PM »

It's just a free period where you can do whatever you want. It's supposed to be for studying (hence the name), but a lot of times, people don't do any work there.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9761 on: August 25, 2015, 05:18:15 PM »
It's just a free period where you can do whatever you want. It's supposed to be for studying (hence the name), but a lot of times, people don't do any work there.

Yep, this! The IB gives us two each year (and one extra in sophomore year, in the Pre-IB program) and they're so useful I love them
YEET

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9762 on: August 25, 2015, 05:30:21 PM »
Yep, this! The IB gives us two each year (and one extra in sophomore year, in the Pre-IB program) and they're so useful I love them

YOU ARE SO LUCKY

I did IB AND took some AP classes, and I only got one semester of study hall, total.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #9763 on: August 25, 2015, 05:33:24 PM »
I read the comic version of the Thrawn trilogy while on vacation this summer. It's a great adaptation.
I had read them too and agree with you :) I discovered my favorite Star Wars character with this story, years ago.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 06:41:55 PM by Mélusine »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #9764 on: August 25, 2015, 06:26:54 PM »
homeroom is like. advisory?? a class where you don't learn or do anything, you just hang out with your other homeroom members and chill. kind of like study hall but with the same people and the same teacher every year? difficult..... to explain............
Oh, like forms! Yes, we have that. Kind of. Only we don't get an hour, we get about 15 minutes and we're meant to work during it. .-.
As for study hall, is that like a free period only you have to study? I'm too British to understand.