Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410855 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9720 on: August 25, 2015, 11:00:53 AM »
"IRL responsibilities outside of the internet"
*has highest number of posts on the entire forum*

Well, picture this: you start walking on a trail at a steady pace of 7.5 kilometers and you get pretty far, even though you're going at a leisurly pace. Then, a couple of hours later, a couple of upstarts newbies start sprinting after you so you decide to break their shins as they pass

DO NOT BE TOO HASTY... what you call 'fallen' is me having grabbed the title of Most Active Fanartist of the Fandom, so ha

That's actually the kind of achievement I respect, unlike post counts or whatever.

tzk tzk. Admiral if you want to have your crew behind you, lead post the way!

I have ways to motivate them.

uhm... not increasing is like decrease in modern times... no?

<_>

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9721 on: August 25, 2015, 11:36:43 AM »
Well, picture this: you start walking on a trail at a steady pace of 7.5 kilometers and you get pretty far, even though you're going at a leisurly pace. Then, a couple of hours later, a couple of upstarts newbies start sprinting after you so you decide to break their shins as they pass

:o *continues creeping*

Edit: While we're talking about people who have "The Highest" forum positions... *looks at Laufey* 60d 3h 12m on the forum??? Do you even sleep?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 11:40:07 AM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #9722 on: August 25, 2015, 11:45:52 AM »
I have ways to motivate them.
*Suspicious and prudent look*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #9723 on: August 25, 2015, 11:49:50 AM »
Edit: While we're talking about people who have "The Highest" forum positions... *looks at Laufey* 60d 3h 12m on the forum??? Do you even sleep?

I... there's a logical explanation to this, I swear! I tend to have the forum open in a tab all day (I work from home) and it makes me look far more impressive than I actually am, what with the fact that most of the time when I seem to be here I'm actually cooking/cleaning/doing laundry/gardening/on Esja.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9724 on: August 25, 2015, 11:51:48 AM »

If you look at her stats then yes, there are hours of the day when she is not at all active.

I often see American/Canadian members still posting when I check the forum after noon though. They are all on my "probably vampires" list.

Mélusine

« Reply #9725 on: August 25, 2015, 11:52:45 AM »
I... there's a logical explanation to this, I swear! I tend to have the forum open in a tab all day (I work from home) and it makes me look far more impressive than I actually am, what with the fact that most of the time when I seem to be here I'm actually cooking/cleaning/doing laundry/gardening/on Esja.
*Raises one hand because same reasons (except working from home - I'd love)*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #9726 on: August 25, 2015, 11:53:32 AM »
I often see American/Canadian members still posting when I check the forum after noon though. They are all on my "probably vampires" list.

I... I have something to confess. *mumbles something about the blood she used to keep in her fridge*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9727 on: August 25, 2015, 11:55:04 AM »
I... I have something to confess. *mumbles something about the blood she used to keep in her fridge*

Your avatar has a cross on the shirt though. Doesn't that, like, put vampires to sleep or something.

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #9728 on: August 25, 2015, 12:07:04 PM »
Ahhhh same! I'm actually notorious for having way too many tabs open and then never looking at half of them>_>
Right now I've got... 16? Including this one?
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9729 on: August 25, 2015, 12:12:30 PM »
Ahhhh same! I'm actually notorious for having way too many tabs open and then never looking at half of them>_>
Right now I've got... 16? Including this one?

...41. Yeah, I'm sorta notorious for that too.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9730 on: August 25, 2015, 12:13:40 PM »

I had claim on that title for months because I always have a tab open... but I've been here since November and you've been here since what, March, and you've usurped me already. >.>

Also my post average has gone up from 7.5 to 8.3 since I started "racing" Haiz and considering how long I've been here, that's significant

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #9731 on: August 25, 2015, 12:15:40 PM »
Hey, talking about titles, there's nothing for the youngest forumite? Because I AM THE YOUNGEST. hOW. unless there's someone more young
hHHHMMMMM...
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #9732 on: August 25, 2015, 12:19:24 PM »
...41. Yeah, I'm sorta notorious for that too.

How is your computer still running??!!  :o

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9733 on: August 25, 2015, 12:20:21 PM »
Hey, talking about titles, there's nothing for the youngest forumite? Because I AM THE YOUNGEST. hOW. unless there's someone more young
hHHHMMMMM...

Because most people under 12 aren't active on the internet, and SSSS is a PG-13 comic?

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9734 on: August 25, 2015, 12:25:14 PM »
How is your computer still running??!!  :o

I assembled it myself (with some assistance from my sister) using Norwegian potato hi-tech. It will run till the end of times.