Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387539 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9525 on: August 20, 2015, 04:58:16 PM »
ahaha. hahahhhahahaha. i'm 70% sure that florida is just one huge land of mosquito magicians there's no other explanation
northern norway too... tried to act dignified in my grandmother's funeral some summers back but i was constantly waving away mosquitos or scratching... mosquitos also tend to leave me alone most of the time, but im scratching in all the photos (who takes photos at funerals)

i also remember waking up from a particularly painful bite on my finger one of those mornigns

I don't want to imagine things like this, Haiz why. D:
because idk how to talk about topics that don't center around myself : D "mosquito magicians, now that's interesting"
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 05:00:39 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #9526 on: August 20, 2015, 05:01:09 PM »
ahaha. hahahhhahahaha. i'm 70% sure that florida is just one huge land of mosquito magicians there's no other explanation

The mosquito magicians took over my summer camp too. :(
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #9527 on: August 20, 2015, 05:02:38 PM »
northern norway too... tried to act dignified in my grandmother's funeral some summers back but i was constantly waving away mosquitos or scratching... mosquitos also tend to leave me alone most of the time, but im scratching in all the photos (who takes photos at funerals)

i also remember waking up from a particularly painful bite on my finger one of those mornigns
because idk how to talk about topics that don't center around myself : D "mosquito magicians, now that's interesting"

I can't go outside without getting bitten. Like, whenever I walk dogs, it's just... *points to swamp full of stagnant water next to house* there is the source of all evil
YEET

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #9528 on: August 20, 2015, 05:03:40 PM »
All this talk of mosquito magicians makes me want to play Bioshock again...

Spoiler: show

Good old insect swarm. You were as horrifying as you were useful.
(spoiler tag for kinda gross stuff, don't want to spoil anyone's food)
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #9529 on: August 20, 2015, 05:04:13 PM »
The mosquito magicians took over my summer camp too. :(
I can't go outside without getting bitten. Like, whenever I walk dogs, it's just... *points to swamp full of stagnant water next to house* there is the source of all evil

Bite them back. I mean I did, yesterday, that gnat's never going to attack another human.

(Well... in reality the gnat just randomly flew into my mouth while I was climbing and I swallowed it by accident. Either it was tired of life or it really did not know how to pick its opponents.)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #9530 on: August 20, 2015, 05:05:05 PM »
Bite them back. I mean I did, yesterday, that gnat's never going to attack another human.

(Well... in reality the gnat just randomly flew into my mouth while I was climbing and I swallowed it by accident. Either it was tired of life or it really did not know how to pick its opponents.)

That there is the most optimistic gnat in history.
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
I write a bit on AO3

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9531 on: August 20, 2015, 05:05:13 PM »

Manitoba has such a huge mosquito problem that there are helecopters that go out and spray for them every year. It's called The Mosquito Capital of Canada.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9532 on: August 20, 2015, 05:06:25 PM »
oh oh oh and in northern finland there were honest-to-gods people wearing beekeeper hats/masks because of the mosquitos

SectoBoss: nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope

ahahahaha ha ew

......... I never found out how that one insect got into my ear. shudders
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9533 on: August 20, 2015, 05:09:08 PM »
*points to swamp full of stagnant water next to house* there is the source of all evil

Fire and brimstone would cleanse such a harbor of evil.

You need to insert your saliva into their veins and suck their blood if you want to go all the way.

Mélusine

« Reply #9534 on: August 20, 2015, 05:11:06 PM »
All this talk of mosquito magicians makes me want to play Bioshock again...

Spoiler: show

Good old insect swarm. You were as horrifying as you were useful.
(spoiler tag for kinda gross stuff, don't want to spoil anyone's food)
Now, explain me why I looked at your spoiler... *Takes note : be more careful with what SectoBoss posts*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #9535 on: August 20, 2015, 05:14:26 PM »
oh oh oh and in northern finland there were honest-to-gods people wearing beekeeper hats/masks because of the mosquitos

In some places they breed sterile male mosquitos to help control the population

Fire and brimstone would cleanse such a harbor of evil.

This sounds familliar... Aaah yes now I remember.

You'd need a very big flamethrower for this. Or just a powerful fan (midges don't handle wind well). In my opinion dropping thermobaric warheads on the lake is an appropriate course of action in this case though.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #9536 on: August 20, 2015, 05:18:44 PM »

And moose flies! They're truly gross flat things that like to lay their eggs on moose but sometimes mistake a human for one. We're thankfully not good for egg laying purposes but the feeling of running your hands through your hair and feeling a dozen flat beetle-like bugs clinging tight onto your scalp... eeeuuuuurrrgggh.

You need to insert your saliva into their veins and suck their blood if you want to go all the way.

That's a no and now I wish to bleach my imagination thank you.

Still, fire probably would work...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #9537 on: August 20, 2015, 05:20:17 PM »
And moose flies! They're truly gross flat things that like to lay their eggs on moose but sometimes mistake a human for one. We're thankfully not good for egg laying purposes but the feeling of running your hands through your hair and feeling a dozen flat beetle-like bugs clinging tight onto your scalp... eeeuuuuurrrgggh.

"I don't want to go to Iceland anymore, mom" x_x
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #9538 on: August 20, 2015, 05:21:28 PM »
Still, fire probably would work...

flamethrowers are the only correct response to mosquitoes.

I think we all had this exact same conversation once. Good to see people are consistant in their opinions though.

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #9539 on: August 20, 2015, 05:22:06 PM »
Now, explain me why I looked at your spoiler... *Takes note : be more careful with what SectoBoss posts*

I promise that will be the worst thing I post today.

Could be worse, I guess. But like Daéa, my urge to visit Iceland may or may not have dropped just a smidgen
I write a bit on AO3