Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2424169 times)

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9510 on: August 20, 2015, 11:37:44 AM »
So! Update!

That sounds like some very good news indeed (except for the back injury :\)! Happy belated birthday, and I'm happy that things are going well for you and that you enjoy your job ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #9511 on: August 20, 2015, 12:17:59 PM »
So! Update!
It's nice to have good news from you :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #9512 on: August 20, 2015, 12:58:17 PM »
I wrenched my back somehow yesterday and didn't realize it until I woke up with crippling pain at 1:00 am. Which stinks in many ways, but also means that I can actually contribute to the forum today, since I'm not going to risk hurting myself further at work.

So! Update!
Work's been going great. It's crazy busy about 75% of the time and there's some crisis or other pretty much daily, but I've gotten into the swing of things and absolutely love it. There's a whole lot of physical activity and problem-solving, which is an extremely nice change from the data-entry desk job I had before. ...

My art slump is officially over, which is great because at the moment I've got four projects to finish. Which means that, of course, I waste time drawing stuff that's unrelated to said projects. Focus. I don't have it.
I turned 19 on the 10th! My sisters were visiting from Texas so my uncle made us a nice dinner and we had pineapple upside-down cake afterwards. A great start to my next year of life!

And, final bit of news, I've got diagnoses from my doctor and can start being treated now. It doesn't look like anything too serious---chronic anemia, vitamin deficiency, hormonal imbalance, insulin resistance---and with some changes to my diet and added supplements I should be feeling better in about three months! 

Sorry to hear about the back spasms.  The first time I threw out my back, it was shocking not just how much it hurt but that every movement seemed to involve my lower back.  Hopefully you're getting good advice on how to recover and strengthen your back in the long run.  (I found exercises on the Swiss Ball helpful.)

But elsewhere on the health front, I'm glad the doctor's been able to diagnose the problem they needed all the blood samples for, and that it's not too serious.  Hope you'll feel better soon! 

We all enjoy hearing about your Adult Art Adventures (like Haiz's Hotel Summer), so we'll look forward to the next installment.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #9513 on: August 20, 2015, 03:19:56 PM »
So! Update!

I'm happy you're back and I'm sorry about your back! Sorry, I couldn't resist ::)
I hope you get well soon!
Happy belated birthday!
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9514 on: August 20, 2015, 03:49:16 PM »
aaaa RTR, happy belated birthday and everything else! I've been wondering how you're doing, and it's so nice to hear it's going well!! I hope your back will feel better soon O:

also I'm fine, I'm just being melodramatic and weird. First week of the semester isn't even over and I'm already disappointed in myself, but it's way too early to give up on anything so I'm not gonna.

I went to a barbeque party-ish thing with the other torucon volunteers! or "bjørncon", as it's been dubbed. for inside joke reasons. yeah. a list of happenstances:

- I observed a guy in the city wearing a tank top with the text "ALØHA".
*shudders at the thought of people using Ø as an aesthetic O*

- apparently my twelve year old brother took my sandals with him to some camp thing. which is not actually a problem, because his seem to fit me. actually, they seem to be a better fit than my own. should i be worried

- i observed the best card trick i have ever seen. it involved the guy smacking his head onto the table.

- "stop drawing so good"

okay
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

« Reply #9515 on: August 20, 2015, 03:54:31 PM »
- "stop drawing so good"

okay
What ? Who can have such a request ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #9516 on: August 20, 2015, 03:56:37 PM »
What ? Who can have such a request ?
it was not a serious request, just a friend that went "WHY CAN YOU DRAW SO GOOD WHY CAN'T I DRAW SO GOOD" every five minutes, ahah. my answer is most usually "i've been drawing for about every waking moment of my life i DESERVE TO DRAW GOOD"

Mélusine

« Reply #9517 on: August 20, 2015, 04:09:51 PM »
So, now I know : the first of my housemates coming back will be here tomorrow afternoon. Bye-bye, the house only for me...

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #9518 on: August 20, 2015, 04:31:44 PM »
I'm happy you're back and I'm sorry about your back! Sorry, I couldn't resist ::)
I hope you get well soon!
Happy belated birthday!
What she said! ^-^ Glad to hear you are so happy at your job; that's what dreams are made of!

And in an unrelated note:
Is it cruel of me to say I get a sickening satisfaction from slapping bugs right out of the sky? Like there they are, huvering around, minding their own annoying buzzy business.

Then *SMACK*

I just swoop right in and whack them from here to kingdom come mid hover.

Makes me feel like a friggin ninja.
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #9519 on: August 20, 2015, 04:47:20 PM »
today my friend tried to smack a mosquito mid-air but instead she more like... tenderly caged it in her hands? and then she opened her hand and it flew out. to which I said "imagine a magician that instead of releasing dozens of white doves, releases a swarm of mosquitos. imagine"

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9520 on: August 20, 2015, 04:49:31 PM »
today my friend tried to smack a mosquito mid-air but instead she more like... tenderly caged it in her hands? and then she opened her hand and it flew out. to which I said "imagine a magician that instead of releasing dozens of white doves, releases a swarm of mosquitos. imagine"

That magician ought to be taken outside and given a fair beating for practicing the black arts. Mosquitoes are a thing of evil.

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #9521 on: August 20, 2015, 04:51:05 PM »
Is it cruel of me to say I get a sickening satisfaction from slapping bugs right out of the sky?

It's cruel, sure, but it's satisfying as heck when you get them.

Now THAT'S magic I'd pay to watch, although preferably from far away.
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #9522 on: August 20, 2015, 04:51:54 PM »
That magician ought to be taken outside and given a fair beating for practicing the black arts. Mosquitoes are a thing of evil.

Better yet, lock the magician in a room with his beloved mosquitoes.

Is it cruel of me to say I get a sickening satisfaction from slapping bugs right out of the sky? Like there they are, huvering around, minding their own annoying buzzy business.

Then *SMACK*

I just swoop right in and whack them from here to kingdom come mid hover.

I love doing this!
That's my main attack when mosquitoes are near. I'm not brave enough to do this with flies, they are too big.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #9523 on: August 20, 2015, 04:52:01 PM »
So! Update!

Yayy you're back! Great to hear the job is fun, that's somewhat rare and makes a huuuge difference... I'm going to join the chorus wishing your back will get better soon.

I don't want to imagine things like this, Haiz why. D: Seconding Fim's idea.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #9524 on: August 20, 2015, 04:52:35 PM »

ahaha. hahahhhahahaha. i'm 70% sure that florida is just one huge land of mosquito magicians there's no other explanation
YEET